Bring embedded speed reading to any website by double clicking the text
Readsy is an extension for Chrome that brings embedded speed reading to any website by just a double clicking the text you want to read. Other speed reading extensions are cumbersome and ruin your natural flow by having to manually selecting the text and reading in a separate window. With Readsy just double click the paragraph you want to start at, then read right there within the page itself! Readsy will capture the remaining text of the article, chapter, section, etc for you. Features: * Speed read embedded into every website * Character highlighting and eye-line-guide * Extra pauses for punctuation and longer words * Option to require ALT key + double click before appearing * Custom input popup to speed read content not on the web
- (2020-02-26) Brindha Lekshmisaran: Super fantastic extension. I love that it is embedded and that I don't need to leave the site I'm browsing to copy url or content to another speed reading tool. I don't even need to select the content I need to speed read. Just double clicking on the first word is enough.Thank you very much for this lovely tool. I have a question and a suggestion. My question is about your website linked in here. http://readsy.net It seems defunct? Do you have a new website? My suggestion is to give keystroke options to activate the tool. I use double click for normal text selection, and this tool interferes with that regular behaviour. It would be good to use key combinations like alt or shift to activate readsy along with double click.
- (2019-10-02) OneDime: Позволяет читать намного быстрее! Рекомендую.
- (2019-09-16) Florian Walther: I like this approach the most
- (2018-12-29) Selim ırmalı: en kullanışlı olanı bu tek kötü yanı okuma yaparken arka planı karartmaması
- (2016-05-15) Emmett Tischmak: So far I love it. It is super helpful and useful. Thank you so much!!
- (2015-11-07) kasim ekinci: 10 numara nalet pezevenk
- (2014-12-14) Kẏra : Would you consider making this libre (open source) software? Also, I see that it's already on the roadmap, but I think Firefox support and then PDF support should be top priorities!
- (2014-08-07) Tommy Aguilar: Easiest speed reading software out there, just double click and you're reading faster than ever. Enable the alt key to have to be pressed, this is a must!!! Otherwise Readsy will have you attempt to speed read things you accidentally double click on.
- (2014-07-26) Kyle Cureau: sweet extension but there's no way to disable it on certain sites, so double clicking words in gmail brings up Readsy inline my email text. **edit** i see that you can have it require the "Alt" key which suffices. great work! feature request: i'd like to have the ability to edit pause length.
- (2014-05-03) Andre Magalhaes: Speed reading is made simple and convenient with this chrome extension.
- (2020-02-26, v:1.0.2) Brindha Lekshmisaran: Defunct website
Your website linked in here. http://readsy.net seems defunct? Do you have a new website?
- (2015-03-30, v:1.0.2) Lukas Flenner: PDFs
When I want to read a PDF file opened in Chrome Readsy doesn't start of. Also It doesn't start once I copy the text in past it into the readsy reading window
- (2014-12-14, v:1.0.2) Kẏra : FLOSS, Firefox, PDF
Would you consider making this libre (open source) software? Also, I see that it's already on the roadmap, but I think Firefox support and then PDF support should be top priorities!
- (2014-07-28, v:1.0.2) Change the shortcut
When I double click a word on Gmail to select it, Readsy starts reading the e-mail, not at all desired. Could this be adjusted? This is exacerbated by being unable to remove the DOM element completely so I have to reload the page or remove it using the inspector. Otherwise a pretty good extension!
- (2014-07-28, v:1.0.2) Antonio Cesar: Ubuntu 14.01
The Readsy not work in Chrome of Ubuntu 14.01.