Generates QR code from any text (URL, message, number, etc.)
Fast QR Code Generator is a handy addon that generates QR code from any text (URL, message, number, etc.). Simply open toolbar popup to view the QR code. Some features: a. One click QR code generation right from your browser toolbar. b. Generated code can be sent to any device with a camera and QR reader. c. Stores all visited tab URLs. d. Available for all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, and Opera) Some useful notes: 1. To use this extension you need a QR code reader installed on your cellphone. 2. There are a ton of QR code scanners for cellphones such as QR Droid™ for Android and QR Reader for iPhone.
- (2017-06-16) Brian Slater: Did not work.
- (2017-06-02) Rick Picks: like others said stopped working but it was great until now
- (2017-01-23) Chris Sloan: No longer works, even with a reinstall. Was fine when it worked, but now the window which should contain the QR code is just blank.
- (2016-08-27) Florian Hartig: It was okay as long as it worked. Can't figure out why all of a sudden the window that usually contains the QR code styas empty.
- (2015-01-17) Franz Alex Gaisie-Essilfie: Perfect! Works offline and also generates QR code from custom text. I couldn't ask for more.
- (2014-10-25) Leonard W.: UI is not the same with Firefox