Allows you to easily close the active tab by either clicking on in-page closer (left border of the page) or the toolbar icon.
More easy and fast way to close tabs. Version 2.0 is here. v2.0 Changelog: ------------------------ • Extension name is renamed to 'Close This Tab'. • New Options/Settings page. • New in-page closer positions added. • You can change thickness of the in-page closers. • Toolbar icon is added. Clicking to the toolbar icon will close the active tab. • You can change toolbar icon image. • Multi language support is added, so please help to translate. • Preferences synced with Chrome (if signed in). Features: --------------- • You can close tab by clicking in-page closer or toolbar icon. • In-Page closer only appears when you move the mouse cursor to the selected edge of the active window. • You can change the features of in-page closer, like hover color, thickness, click event type and position. • Alternatively, toolbar icon can close tabs. Limitations: ------------------ Since Chrome is not allowing, In-Page closers could not be embedded into the following pages: chrome:// - chrome-extension:// - chrome-devtools:// - view-source: - data: - chrome.google.com/webstore/ - New tab page. But, toolbar icon will work on all pages without any limitation. Note on permissions: -------------------------------- • "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" - That is necessary to insert In-Page closers to pages. I do not read YOUR data from any website, nor do i modify it.
- (2020-09-17) Sam Nordberg: Seriously speeds up my browsing. It is incredibly convenient to have this feature. Perfect for keybaord-free, mouse-only browsing. Much quicker for me than the rival extensions that have you double-right-click to close the tab.
- (2020-08-12) Richard Finch: I never knew how badly I wanted this feature until I tried it. Now there is no way I can live without it. My productivity in dealing with lots of tabs is exponentially better. I used to keep one hand on the mouse, one hand on control-W but now I sit back and let the mouse do all the world. Genius idea perfectly implemented.
- (2020-04-08) Lee D: Very useful, just what I was looking for. Works perfectly, thank you.
- (2020-04-06) Hank Morelock: Fantastic implementation!!
- (2020-03-28) youngsoo kim: Simple...Good !!!
- (2019-12-17) TOLGA HAN: bülent bey harikulade fikir
- (2019-12-16) Wayne Ellis: Very helpful add-on. But is it available for Opera?
- (2019-10-01) Shining: автор молодец!
- (2019-02-13) Haran G: Gooood since my laptop doesnt have a MMB function like many others here i suppose lol stupid win 10 missing such an EXISTENTIAL FEATURE..
- (2019-02-07) 진월인: Awsome!! It 's very convenient. BTW how about to open a new tab by clicking another border?
- (2018-06-28) Deta Wiki: Awesome! How about upload custom icon? Thanks!
- (2018-05-15) Or Schiro: Very elegant way of quickly closing a tab. Love it! Very mouse and touchpad friendly. :-)
- (2018-05-02) Amin Berlin: useful extension
- (2017-11-07) NepSomeGaming: awsome function , don't ever need to aim the x button.
- (2017-03-14) Matei Goga: awesome. would be nice to have the option to hide the 'close this tab' hover text. but superb nonetheless. a big thanks!
- (2016-12-05) Carro Waugh: however, it has stopped working
- (2016-05-16) Slava Lishnevsky: Very convenient
- (2016-03-28) Excellent. Thank you
- (2015-12-08) Tricia Chambers: Easy to use and save me a shortcut keystroke and/or mouse scroll action. Thanks!
- (2015-06-29) 石冬冬: 非常好用
- (2015-06-14) Artem Filimonov: Super! Need open last closed tab with right click or Shift Right click! Thank you!
- (2014-12-19) Oleg .Kryl: ОТЛИЧНО РАБОТАЕТ
- (2013-03-23) Talal AlShareef: What a great idea! Thank you sir for this extension.
- (2018-07-26, v:2.0.5) Fergus Semler: menu option not working
Hi Like the extension - thank you I can't get the icon in menu bar options to stick - it can change the appearance, but doesn't save either "show menu" or "disable" - hence always defaults to close tab using Chrome latest Thanks
- (2018-07-15, v:2.0.5) how do i disable the left side pop up close this tab, but keep the one in right
how do i disable the left side pop up close this tab, but keep the one in right
- (2018-06-16, v:2.0.5) Peter Liepmann: "read and change all your data on the website you visit"
Create an option to delete this permission. I'd rather have to close/reopen Chrome than have the security risk.
- (2017-05-18, v:2.0.4) Gurkan Yilmaz: does not work anymore
Hi, it seems that it does not work anymore. rgds
- (2017-02-24, v:2.0) Tero Mäkinen: New permissions
Hello Your updated app nees permission to "read and change all your data on the website you visit" Why on earth would I want to give your app permission to do that?