Easily close tabs with the in-page border element.
More easy and fast way to close tabs. Allows you to easily close tabs with the in-page border element. Features: ---------------- • You can close the active tab by clicking to the selected in-page border element. • In-page element only appears when you move the mouse cursor to the selected edge. • You can change the features of the in-page element, like hover color, thickness, click event type and position. • Use toolbar icon or context menu to close tabs. Limitations: -------------------- Since Chrome is not allowing, we can't add in-page element into the following pages: chrome:// - chrome-extension:// - chrome-devtools:// - view-source: - data: - chrome.google.com/webstore/ - New tab page. But, toolbar icon and context menu options will continue to work on all pages without any limitation. Note on permissions: ----------------------------------- • "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" - That is necessary to insert In-Page element into pages. I do not read your data from any website, nor do i modify it. Changelog: ------------------- v3.0.x New features: • New add-on features for bottom and right positions. • Tooltips now customizable. • In-page element opacity feature. • Right-click on the selected edge, shows selected options. • Context menu options added. • Auto maxizing new windows feature added. • Toolbar icon popup page added. Updates: • Settings page redesigned. • In-page element positions restructured. • New toolbar icon images available. v2.0.x New features: • New in-page closer positions added. • You can change thickness of the in-page element. • Toolbar icon is added. Clicking to the toolbar icon will close the active tab. • You can change the toolbar icon image. • Multi language support is added, so please help to translate. • Preferences synced with Chrome (if signed in). Updates: • Renamed to 'Close This Tab'. • New Options/Settings page. • Injecting the element into dynamically loaded pages. v1.0 • Initial version
- (2022-08-05) Soheil Sam Yasrebi: Here is the Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/close-this-tab/
- (2022-06-03) AU KOONPANG: 好用&交互合理！
- (2021-10-11) Jhon Willianms: 很好用
- (2021-09-19) Leandro Slater: Rate this extension Your rating: Perfection ★★★★★★★★★★★★
- (2021-08-24) sawita amir (MOLLA helpline): very convenient. i wish you success, man.
- (2021-08-13) Chris Vydas: Didn't work, kiwi mobile Chrome
- (2021-07-08) い空美し: really good! so nice! thks
- (2021-05-04) Benedicto Alvarez: Buenisima es una de las mejores
- (2021-04-23) N J: Many bugs since the last update
- (2021-04-17) ˑ: Расширение обновилось и изменилось в ХУДШУЮ сторону. Иконка специально стала ужасной, поменять ее теперь нельзя. Отключить совсем зону клика нельзя. Основные функции, которыми только и пользовался, стали ПЛАТНЫМИ. Удаляю и прощаюсь.
- (2021-03-01) vladapt: Excellent extension! I miss it so much when I use other than Chrome browsers. Are there any similar extensions with the side bars, not just a close-button, for Firefox and Edge?
- (2020-10-26) Eralp Narman: Çok şık bi sekme kapatma tekniği elde ediyosunuz bunu ekleyince, her şey de güzel çalışıyor
- (2020-09-26) ВАСЯ пупкин: Удобное и красивое.
- (2020-09-17) Sam Nordberg: Seriously speeds up my browsing. It is incredibly convenient to have this feature. Perfect for keybaord-free, mouse-only browsing. Much quicker for me than the rival extensions that have you double-right-click to close the tab.
- (2020-08-12) I never knew how badly I wanted this feature until I tried it. Now there is no way I can live without it. My productivity in dealing with lots of tabs is exponentially better. I used to keep one hand on the mouse, one hand on control-W but now I sit back and let the mouse do all the world. Genius idea perfectly implemented.
- (2020-04-08) Lee D: Very useful, just what I was looking for. Works perfectly, thank you.
- (2020-04-06) Hank “0Cares” Morelock: Fantastic implementation!!
- (2020-03-28) youngsoo kim: Simple...Good !!!
- (2019-12-17) TOLGA HAN: bülent bey harikulade fikir
- (2019-12-16) Wayne Ellis: Very helpful add-on. But is it available for Opera?
- (2019-10-01) Shining: автор молодец!
- (2019-02-13) H G: Gooood since my laptop doesnt have a MMB function like many others here i suppose lol stupid win 10 missing such an EXISTENTIAL FEATURE..
- (2019-02-07) 진월인: Awsome!! It 's very convenient. BTW how about to open a new tab by clicking another border?
- (2018-06-28) Deta Wiki: Awesome! How about upload custom icon? Thanks!
- (2018-05-15) Or Schiro: Very elegant way of quickly closing a tab. Love it! Very mouse and touchpad friendly. :-)
- (2018-05-02) useful extension
- (2017-11-07) LowEndGaming: awsome function , don't ever need to aim the x button.
- (2017-03-14) Matei Goga: awesome. would be nice to have the option to hide the 'close this tab' hover text. but superb nonetheless. a big thanks!
- (2016-12-05) Carro Waugh: however, it has stopped working
- (2016-05-16) Slava Lishnevsky: Very convenient
- (2016-03-28) Excellent. Thank you
- (2015-12-08) Tricia Chambers: Easy to use and save me a shortcut keystroke and/or mouse scroll action. Thanks!
- (2015-06-29) 石冬冬: 非常好用
- (2015-06-14) Artem Filimonov: Super! Need open last closed tab with right click or Shift Right click! Thank you!
- (2014-12-19) Oleg .Kryl: ОТЛИЧНО РАБОТАЕТ
- (2013-03-23) Talal AlShareef: What a great idea! Thank you sir for this extension.
- (2022-11-16, v:3.0.6) Steven (Steven): Suggestion
A Simpler/Plainer Toolbar 'X' Icon.
- (2021-07-18, v:3.0.6) margaret rosita hector: close Tab
I would much prefer Seeing it become A custom Gesture app with A new Name Like custome chrome Gestures with Ability to switch and open urls by adding them to Assin List
- (2020-12-06, v:2.0.5) hüsamettin aysan: soru
- (2018-07-26, v:2.0.5) Fergus Semler: menu option not working
Hi Like the extension - thank you I can't get the icon in menu bar options to stick - it can change the appearance, but doesn't save either "show menu" or "disable" - hence always defaults to close tab using Chrome latest Thanks
- (2018-07-15, v:2.0.5) how do i disable the left side pop up close this tab, but keep the one in right
how do i disable the left side pop up close this tab, but keep the one in right
- (2018-06-16, v:2.0.5) Peter Liepmann: "read and change all your data on the website you visit"
Create an option to delete this permission. I'd rather have to close/reopen Chrome than have the security risk.
- (2017-05-18, v:2.0.4) Gurkan Yilmaz: does not work anymore
Hi, it seems that it does not work anymore. rgds
- (2017-02-24, v:2.0) T M: New permissions
Hello Your updated app nees permission to "read and change all your data on the website you visit" Why on earth would I want to give your app permission to do that?