Remember your MasterPassword, and this app will generate unique passwords for every other site you visit
One of todays main security challenges on the web is passwords. You typically have to login at many different sites, and remembering a different password for every site is hard. Unfortunately one of the sites you use will sooner or later be hacked, and passwords leaked. If that password is reused on other sites, the hackers will have access to all your accounts. MasterPassword can help. With one master password, a unique one can be generated for each site. When you need to login, this addon will complete the site password for you. And it is impossible to guess the master password from a site password. Read more at http://masterpasswordapp.com The MasterPassword algorithm is standardized. You can find app's for Ios, Android, Windows, Mac and Linux. One of MasterPasswords strong points is that neither the master or site password is stored anywhere. The site password is rather generated mathematically every time. This is in clear contrast to many other password managers, like Chrome's built in password manager. If your computer or browser is hacked, solutions where the password is stored can give away all your passwords! Similar dangers exists with cloud based solutions. The MasterPassword addon can of course co exist with other password managers and will stay out of your way until you click the MasterPassword button. If you chose to uninstall the addon, you'll just have to remember the passwords you've generated, or import them into another password manager. Since passwords in MasterPassword are mathematically generated, it is impossible to import other custom passwords into master password. They would have to be stored on your computer, which defeats MasterPassword's working principle. As such, it is convenient to use the Chrome password manager for such passwords, until you find a time to switch a site to MasterPassword. Also note that when MasterPassword enters a password for you, Chrome will behave like you typed it on the keyboard, and prompt you if you want to save it. You can of course accept this, but your passwords will then be stored and risk being stolen. I'd therefore suggest to reject that offer. Protect your accounts on the web - Use MasterPassword
- (2019-12-04) Alex: My favorite password manager yet. No ridiculous $50+ per year subscription (although for the work that's been put in I'd love to donate) and it's available on every possible platform. The passwords not being stored anywhere in the cloud and being generated dynamically is amazing. Plus there's also no need for wifi in order for passwords to sync across platforms. AND you can be on any random computer or phone and still have access to all of your passwords! I'm currently in the process from switching completely from Dashlane to MasterPassword. It's a long process having to change all of my passwords but it's totally worth it.
- (2019-10-12) Sue Barrass: So easy
- (2018-03-12) Adam Pajkert: It does the job and looks decent, but this annoying red alert „Possible password mismatch” is so annoying.
- (2018-02-04) Sarah m: testing
- (2017-12-08) Ruben Kelevra: Geil!
- (2017-08-02) Sachchidananda Sharma: wonderful idea to sign in without any hiccup
- (2017-07-25) 苍天锁: 安全便捷
- (2017-03-16) Antoine GRÉA: Just amazing ! Will give your privacy back.
- (2017-03-07) Jenne Tondeleir: Great!
- (2016-11-12) GAGA战西风: 希望能够继续的改进它，今天去尝试了使用它，发现和chrome自带的有那么点冲突，然后尝试性注册一个网站，失败了，而且反应速度有点慢，页面也不太友好。想尝试的朋友还是值得试试。
- (2020-03-21, v:2.1.4) R.J.: Feature request.
Would it be possible to add a export site feature that would export the sites url only like **google.com** that a password has be generated for ? If it does not store the site user name add a feature to do it and auto submit it also like other password managers.
- (2020-03-21, v:2.1.4) R.J.: Question i forgot.
Will this auto fill passwords ?
- (2020-03-21, v:2.1.4) R.J.: Question about extension.
If i need to replace my hard drive can i just reinstall the extension and use the original master password will it generate the same passwords to log into any sites i use ? Can this extension be downloaded as a separate file for safe keeping just in case git or the app store is offline and i need to reinstall asap ?
- (2020-01-12, v:2.1.4) Raymond Martinez: cost
how much and does it work with Chromebooks
- (2019-09-23, v:2.1.4) Zainab Bashir: forgot master password. what to do?
set master password on my laptop. now it'[s broken and i can't get back in to my account. urgent help needed
- (2018-12-24, v:2.1.4) David N: ???
So how do I actually set my master password?
- (2018-07-29, v:2.1.4) Import MPsite file
Hi, I am having trouble importing the mpsite file on windows 10. I have opened the Masterpassword config page to import the file to the stored sites section, but there is no option to import it, only an export option. It states that it can be dragged and dropped but this option is not working. What can you recommend? Thanks
- (2018-01-18, v:2.1.4) Alessandro Piroddi: Update Needed?
After the latest Chrome update the app is unusable, at least on Linux
- (2017-12-10, v:2.1.4) brenda ligon: password
i am trying to print and have never been asked for my master password. i don't want it i can't print
- (2017-05-09, v:2.1.4) William Bickerton: The green box at top says ädded to chrome
Ök so now how do i get started? I can not find any instructions on getting started. Where will I find the answer to this question? It all seems very vague