Creates a right-click context menu to send a link to your ZyXEL home NAS device.
AUTHOR'S NOTE: If you get some kind of error with "nsa210 cannot be found", most likely your computer or something in your local network is misbehaving. Go into the extension's options and change the name to the IP of your device (screenshot #4). That should fix it! UPDATE: You can now choose a different subdirectory for the "Download service" in case you have a newer firmware. Tested on ZyXEL NSA325s V2. If ZyXEL decide to change the directory again in the future, advanced users may specify a custom subdirectory. ZyXEL's NSA210 has a really nifty Download Service with a cool plugin for Firefox and IE provided on the installation disc. This extension now makes that functionality available to Chrome! You don't need to download a large file to your computer and then move it to the NAS. You don't even have to wait for the download to complete before shutting down your computer! Simply right click on any link or image and click the new menu item to send the link to your NSA210; it will begin downloading your file on its own! You can even select some text and send that to your NAS; it will try to download your selection as if it were a URL. As a lovely side-effect of the way the NSA210 works, if you send it a torrent file it will connect to the trackers and download the torrent! This extension may work with other ZyXEL NAS devices, but has only been tested with the NSA210. The "Download Service" must be enabled on your NSA210 for this extension to work. The extension also requires your NAS's IP address or network name. You may be asked to log in to your NAS quite often; this is due to the cookie life expectancy set by ZyXEL and is controlled by the NAS, not the extension. I am not employed by ZyXEL or affiliated with them in any way. I'm simply a customer, like you, who paid for a product and wants to use all of its features.
- (2016-05-24) dusan tomic: It doesn't do what is supposed to do on my NSA310. I don't think that developer understand ins and outs of the Zyxel Download system. It needs to be re-written!
- (2016-01-08) Works perfectly on my NAS540, using the /adv, subdirectory. Thanks!
- (2015-02-20) Andrei Dan: it,not working :((((
- (2014-10-13) Stefan Egenäs: Works perfectly with my NSA325. Didnt have to wirte the ip, just entered the name of my NAS.
- (2013-12-01) Jing: I have the following errors. It works every first time. Once the cookie is saved, the extension can not locate the link. One solution is to delete the cookie every single time. Then it will back to work. Is there a alternate solution? BTW My system is NSA325. Not Found The requested URL /,adv/addURL.html was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8o PHP/5.2.8 mod_wsgi/2.4 Python/2.6.2 Server at 192.168.0.199 Port 80
- (2013-10-09) In order to make it working for NSA310 with 4.61 firmware, follow the points below: 1. Find the file zxlink.js on your computer (I do not put the exact link as it can be different on different systems - just use search functionality on the drive your system is installed on) 2. Click the right mous button on the file and choose Edit option 3. Edit the line: var naslink = "http://"+ip+"/zyxel/addURL.html?url="+url; to var naslink = "http://"+ip+"/,adv/addURL.html?url="+url; 4. Save the file. In the options of the extension just put the IP of your NAS. It works perfectly for both stadard files and torrents.
- (2013-08-04) Jagran Linas: Not working torrents link.
- (2013-05-08) Mark Allen: Excellent, works with NSA310 also. Thanks
- (2012-12-17) Vasile Boeriu: works with nsa 310. so pleese change the title from "ZyXEL NSA210 Link Capture" into something else :D Thank you
- (2012-11-30) Alexandru Gherghina: Works perfectly on my NSA310. If it says it can't find the NSA, just make sure you entered it's address correctly. Also, an option to disable the confirmation window would be nice.
- (2012-10-02) Stuart Oswald: Great piece of work. It works fine. But am not able to use the torrent function. The NAS gets the torrent but then says it's invalid and won't start downloading the file! Any advice? Otherwise great addition. Thank you.
- (2012-07-31) Craig: this seems to work on my NSA310 fw 4.50, you need go in to the settings in the extension and put the name of your nas drive. Thanks Vahan!
- (2012-07-18) Tom Heath: Great work, thanks! Works fine on my NSA310 with FW 4.50.
- (2012-06-03) Jim Liddell: Works as advertised with my NSA221. I just went into the options and entered the IP address. Much appreciated.
- (2012-05-18) Vernon Wroe: Works brilliantly for the intended device (NSA210), would like to thank the author for this plugin!
- (2012-04-29) Greg Gait: I would dearly love this to work on my NSA310, comes up cant find NSA210 when you send a link
- (2016-07-01, v:0.35) Vladimír Blahož: HTTPS
It would be nice if there was an option to use https url instead of only http. It would be slight change in code but huge benefit as I am not willing to put my credentials over unsecured protocol.
- (2015-11-24, v:0.35) Nacho Diaz Asenjo: URL with Port Number
It'd would be a good thing I can put a server with port number in configuration window. Something like this <servername>:<portnumber>
- (2015-09-13, v:0.35) Jan Stegena: Download image
Hi downolading image on page like this http://www.rouming.cz/roumingShow.php?file=S_timhle_se_potkavame_na_silnici.jpg is not working
- (2015-09-06, v:0.35) Christoph Petersen: 5.x Firmware
Hi, does this extension also work with 5.x firmware (e.g. NAS540 device)?