Copy your Tags, Triggers and Variables and Paste them into any other account
Easily Copy and Paste your Tags, Triggers, and Variables from one Google Tag Manager account to the next. Simply add them to the extension and then paste them into your intended account. Your items will be uploaded through the GTM API. You can put together your own menu of Tags, Triggers and Variables that you want to copy to another account. No more Container exports and reimports through the GTM Admin interface. Notes: - The relationship between Tags and Triggers will remain intact as long as they are part of the same "paste". - If an asset (Tag, Trigger or Variables) under the same name already exists, the extension will upload the asset with "- Copy" attached to the end of the name. - Currently, it's not possible to copy Built-In Variables and Folders Updates: - Added Firebase OAuth Flow, you don't have to be logged in to Chrome to use the extension anymore - Added ability to Copy whole Containers into the paste Extension (May 2019) - Added ability to add all Tags, Triggers or Variables at once by right clicking on the item in the right Menu and adding them to the clipboard - Bug Fixes for larger uploads - Dec, 2019 - Bug fixes
- (2019-12-12) Justin Maxwell: I get a big red warning on enabling this extension: > ! You should avoid this app > Google is concerned this app may try to expose and exploit your private information. (Then click Show Advanced) > Google hasn't reviewed this app yet and can't confirm it's authentic. Unverified apps may pose a threat to your personal data. Learn more
- (2019-11-06) Panos Tsimpos: Has saved hours of work when dealing with 10+ containers. Simpler than doing JSON exports and imports.
- (2019-09-19) Alexander Dmitriev: it doesnt work, it was good when it worked but now it is useless
- (2019-08-22) Andrey Mistulov: Thanks, mate! Save a lot of time
- (2019-08-01) Robert Corbett: Please tell me why I need to give access to my name, email address, language preference, and profile picture with measureschool.com to use this extension?
- (2019-07-04) Karra Revanth: Awesome dude, really loved it
- (2019-06-27) Tony Russell: PERFECT. This extension shouldn't need to exist, but I'm so glad it does. It's crazy that GTM doesn't have a native copy/paste or porting function. Thank you for picking up Googe's slack!
- (2019-03-26) Петр Передрий: For reasons that are not understandable, I cannot use the extension. I can neither copy nor paste any elements. How exactly do you need to log in?
- (2019-02-13) Matthew Nixon: Good for small volumes but very buggy for larger volumes, also logs out every 10 minutes
- (2019-01-16) James Drawn: Amazing
- (2018-11-16) A real time saver
- (2018-11-12) Ariel Brill: Great Extension!! Thanks a lot
- (2018-11-02) Jason Riddle: Brilliant, incredibly useful and easy to use tool that saves time and prevents mistakes.
- (2018-10-30) Federico Nahmad: Increíble! click derecho y copiar, entrás a otro GTM y Paste! Recién testeado y funciona perfecto.
- (2018-10-29) Lars Kops: Saves so much time and works flawlessy! Thank you very much!
- (2018-10-26) Hector Aguilar: Thank You Julian, for this plugin, You are awesome!
- (2018-10-26) Kenneth Alderfer: I've been using gtmTools.com (also worked on by Simo Ahava) to accomplish this. But this plugin makes it even simpler to get what I need from one container and paste it into another. Love it!
- (2018-10-26) Robert H: Measure School is a great resource for anyone working with GTM and Google Analytics on a regular basis. This is a very helpful plugin that will make your life easier!
- (2018-10-26) Extremely Helpful Extension
- (2018-10-26) Thomas Wiegand: Danke Julian. Genial
- (2018-10-25) Thomas Zahnd: Top. Grosse Zeitersparnis.
- (2018-10-22) Rohit Rathore: Awesome Extension.
- (2018-10-21) Dilmar Ames: Very useful extension. Thanks MeasureSchool (Julian) for such a wonderful work in this extension. A time saver.
- (2018-10-19) Vladimir Kokarevich: This is a great extension! Must have for every one who work with GTM very often
- (2018-09-25) Chris Griffin: Very simple, easy to use tool that has helped me streamline the process of transferring pieces of one GTM configuration to another, without having to deal with the export and import of .json files. Highly recommend for those in an agency setting and manager multiple clients' GTM accounts!
- (2019-12-11, v:0.1.5) Russ Kuba: Error Message From Google
Getting this error when trying to login: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.
- (2019-11-20, v:0.1.5) bd db: Plugin missing copy function
Hi. When I try and use the plugin I see the option to authenticate, I manage to sign in to my account but then when I right click on a tag, variable or trigger there is no option to copy the tag. the only option in the menu is to authorize the plug in which works but no copy option gets added
- (2019-08-20, v:0.1.5) Art-ong Songdon: TypeError: error is not a function
Got error when paste: TypeError: error is not a function
- (2019-08-13, v:0.1.5) luis lopez: combine?
- (2019-07-09, v:0.1.5) Ryan Winter: Can't copy custom variables
Hi Julian, awesome tool. I'm running into an issue when trying to copy a custom variable - I get a notification saying "There was an error. Can't upload built-in variables". I've reinstalled the plugin and re-authenticated, but still see the same error. Any tips gratefully received!
- (2019-05-16, v:0.1.5) Alexey Shulzhenko: Can't authorize
The app it amazing, but authorization popup appears to be empty
- (2019-05-09, v:0.1.4) Yuri Nosenko: Setting Google Analytics Settings on Tags
Noticed that the Google Analytics Settings was not set for my pasted tags. This wasn't mentioned in the video, so wondering if that's a bug or expected behavior.
- (2019-03-28, v:0.1.1) I can't authorize
Hello Julian! GTM copy paste is great! Thanks a lot! But I can't authorize for 3 weeks or something. What should I do to work work with it again?
- (2019-03-04, v:0.1.1) Broken for a now
Hi, cant authorize for some reason
- (2019-02-04, v:0.1.1) Broken after new GTM redesign
Hi, Seems like this has stopped working now that the new design of GTM has rolled out! Any update plans for the extension to get it back on track? :) Simen
- (2018-12-26, v:0.1.1) limra profile: copy paste
it does not working.