Creates an expandable Table-of-Contents on ANY web-page with headings
== Starting == The extension's icon toggles the Table-of-Contents (ToC) of the current tab. == Attributes == 1) Makes much more easier the READING of ANY web-page with many headings like scientific-papers, law, spec, help, etc files, because creates their outline. 2) The Table-of-Contents is an EXPANDABLE-tree which helps navigating it. 3) TWO-WAY communication between ToC and webpage. By hovering a piece of text on the page, highlights in the toc-tree its position (with some exceptions!!!) and expands only its parent-nodes. Thus, we have the BIG-PICTURE of what we are reading. 4) You can change the WIDTH of ToC or webpage. == Code == * Licence: GPL, MIT. * Source-code: TableOfContents--git-repository @ GitHub (http://github.com/nikkas/TableOfContents) * WEB-PAGE of source-code|extension: (http://synagonism.net/program/table-of-contents/) == Evolution == * My html5.id.toc.preview format (http://synagonism.net/hitp/) creates a ToC on ANY browser. * In 2010, I published my JAVA open-source HtmlMgr program (http://htmlmgr.sourceforge.net/) where I propose, for the first time, how we can create webpages that anyone can refer to any part of them and we can read easily. == Acknowledgement == Many thanks to those I have studied their codes: 1) HTML5 Outliner by Dominykas Blyžė. I used his implementation of html5-outline-algorithm. 2) http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/ for the expandable-tree code. 3) EasyReader extension of Anton Johansson 4) Chrome Outliner by genki.gthp.net. 5) jQery-Splitter, Dave Methvin, http://methvin.com/splitter/
- (2015-07-16) Alex W.: Works okay, sort of flips out when you move the mouse around the page. Would appreciate if it could indicate when it detects a proper outline, as a little reminder.
- (2015-07-13) MRNIKUSHA101: TRASH
- (2015-03-23) Bro Rat: . Installed it, then attempted to use it. Wouldn't work ! Restarted Chrome, and it works great. Very happy with it now. . The DataRat .
- (2014-08-06) Leo Ufimtsev: So very awesome
- (2014-01-10) Fallen Max: Great extension! It would be better if its look and feel get some refinement, like getting rid of font shadow, etc.
- (2012-09-25) ats finch: Love it!
- (2015-02-18, v:2014.1.10.16) Victorel Petrovich: jumping to first heading
I noticed that if the doc begins with a lower heading, then when I click it in the TOC, it only jumps to the next higher(highest?) heading instead. Can this be fixed?