Change The Speed Of Videos On Any Website Using Hotkeys
Video Speed Controller is a chrome extension which lets you adjust the speed of videos on popular websites such as Facebook and Twitter. Some websites such as Facebook and Twitter don't allow you to change the speed of your videos. Nowadays, nobody has time to watch 20-30 minute long videos. Especially now with Facebook Video Ads, watching FB videos online can get quite frustrating. Thankfully, Video Speed Controller for Chrome lets you speed up or slow down videos quickly and easily. Whether you want to watch videos in 0.5x, 1.5x, 2x or 4x speed, this extension lets you use special hotkeys or buttons to adjust the speed of your videos as you enjoy your videos. Now, you can watch your favourite video content across any website at any speed. What Can You Do With This Extension? - Speed Up Advertisements - Learn Faster While Watching Tutorials - Experience Long Videos Quicker And Save Time - Slow Down Fast Action Sequences Version 1.5 Latest Update Changed the hotkeys *again*. Basically the main changes are: >> Shift + Left arrow is now "Shift + [ " >> Shift + Right arrow is now "Shift + ] " The reason for the change? Left and right clashes with YouTube. Now the new keys don't clash with anything :) Also, made the speed change notification bars bigger. You'll notice it when you change the speed. So in summary, here are the newest hotkeys: Shift + ] : Increase Speed By 0.25x Shift + [ : Decrease Speed By 0.25x Shift + Up-Arrow : 4x Speed (Ad Buster) Shift + Down-Arrow : Reset To Normal Speed Shift + Minus(-) : Rewind Video by 5 seconds Shift + Plus(+) : Fast-Forward Video by 5 seconds Also, redesigned the Chrome Popup page. Click on the Chrome Extension Icon after installation to see it.
- (2019-12-22) Oleg Kovalenko: Thank you! Works perfectly :)
- (2019-12-20) Dennis van der Stelt: Works like a charm. However the .25 speed increase is too big a step. I'd love it to increase .1 like VLC player does it. Love that it uses the same hotkeys though.
- (2019-10-22) YIXUAN PAN: very good
- (2019-07-01) Quang Nguyen: that's a great one
- (2019-06-22) Milijana de Mori: Doesn't work.
- (2019-06-13) Steve Ekizian: I am a big fan of watching videos at 1.5 to 2x original speed to keep attention and improve retention. Whenever a source does not allow this, I try this extension to speed it up. A big win.
- (2019-06-03) Thuyênhihi: Xem lại live stream auto phê
- (2019-04-25) Tom Thomson: It shows the alert when I type [ ] in other sites, please limit alerts to YouTube only
- (2019-02-14) Stefane Guevremont: This is an almost perfect extension. One thing I would like to suggest is adding "Window out of focus" Shortcut keys option. Eg: Where I have two Google chrome windows open. I'm working on the "Non-Youtube" window, but able to control the playback with keyboard shortcut keys.
- (2018-12-11) Branden Kem: I used this to speed up ads in Hulu and it works great. The problem is, when you use the "ad buster -- 4x speed", the program will speed up the ad for that 1 advertising section. Ads range from 90 to 120 seconds, or about four 30 second ads. Every time new ads load, you have to activate the "Ad Buster -- 4x speed" button to skip past those ads. If leave your "Ad Buster -- 4x speed" ON during your last ad session, the speed will carry on into your video. For example, you are on your 4 out of 4 ads view, and you activate the ad buster. If you don't turn it OFF before the video starts, your Hulu video will continue at 4x speed. This sounds like a lot of work but you should try it and see if you're comfortable with having to manage the ads every time it appears. One note, if you plan to cast hulu, from you computer, to your TV, you WILL NOT be able to use the "Ad Buster -- 4x speed" to speed through the ads. You must change the casting setting to cast your DESKTOP instead of your TAB. This method allows the chrome cast to "mirror" your computer desktop onto the TV. This last method is the one I use to watch with my family and friends. Another useful trick is you can further increase the ad speed past 4x by an extra .25x each time you activate it! This brings down ads from 120 seconds to about 10-15 seconds or less (about the same duration as non-skippable YouTube ads).
- (2018-08-13) Khai Yong Ng: You can even use this to speed up video advertisements! No more waiting!
- (2020-05-02, v:1.5) Okko Bevers: I'm experiencing MAJOR technical difficulties with the extension, it has worked before
It doesn't work anymore. It didn't work when I started, then somehow I got it to work for about 2-3 hours and now, whatever I try the extension has ZERO effect, it doesn't show up on ANY videos I see, how can this be fixed?
- (2020-04-27, v:1.5) Maurici Abad Gutierrez: Non-english keyboards are not supported
I have an Spanish keyboard and where the english keyboard has the [ and ] keys I have ` and +, and to type [ I need to hold "AltGr" + "+". So the keyboard shortcuts are compleatly broken. This issue applyes to a lot of other keyboards with accents, like portuguese, french, italian and many more. To fix it you should provide a way to remap the shortcuts. Doing so will also help people with broken keys. Basycally, anyone without a [ and ] keys can't use the extenssion 🙃.
- (2020-01-19, v:1.5) Kendal Omdahl: Obstructive issue w/ PlugIn
While using on castbox.fm on mac -----> red status box does not subside after command is given, thus blocking the native player from view.
- (2019-12-24, v:1.5) Carolyn Stern: video speed controller quit working dec 12 2019
Working fine yesterday. today the box won't come up and it doesn't work. I hate watching without it. Please help. [email protected]
- (2019-11-18, v:1.5) Jo Muir: how to see the video controller
how do we get the video controller to be shown? where do you need to be on the screen to use shift controls? is it all three commands : shift, +, ] cannot figure this out at all, tried on fb, zoom video etc. I wish you could make a video to show it in action thanks
- (2019-09-03, v:1.5) Angus Robertson: Consistently Corrupted
The extension itself is fantastic, however every few weeks (or even days) I no longer see it show up in videos. Checking the extensions tab verifies that it has been corrupted, I don't know what corrupts extensions but this specific extension gets corrupted repeatedly and often
- (2019-04-07, v:1.5) prashant mishra: problem on some sites
http://www.careerlauncher.com/mapp/icegate/WebcastSession.jsp?userId=3680128 not working on above site
- (2019-03-31, v:1.5) shea Cronley: video speed controller not working
I have macbook, latest version software. Using chrome. The video speed controller is not working. Please advise.
- (2019-01-02, v:1.5) Helton do Prado Carvalho: Suggestion
Hello, nice extension. Could you please add an option to full speed ONLY when Ads appears, and reset to normal speed when Ad ends?
- (2018-12-24, v:1.5) Chris Brown: not working
Hi the video speed controller used to work but isn't anymore. What can I do?