Rooster helps you to stay productive by giving you insights on your Browsing habits and by notifying you when you lose your focus.
--------------------- Features --------------------- * Stay informed with your daily browsing data in a New Tab * Get nudged via in-built Push Notifications when you lose focus and start visiting websites you declare unproductive * Keeping tab of your total online working hours --------------------- How to use --------------------- 1. Every time you open a New Tab on Chrome, you’ll see your browsing stats 2. Use the Button "Add Browsing Alert" for website(s) you think are unproductive for you, where you end up spending more time than you want or need. Few ex. are Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, etc. When you cross the daily usage limit of the website(s) you declared unproductive, Rooster nudges you via Push Notifications. Here’s a Demo video: https://youtu.be/mu0ktytoAhc 3. Keep tab of your total online working hours via the Total Time Logged capsule for the day. --------------------- FAQs --------------------- Q. Why Push Notifications? A. We believe that blocking websites doesn’t work. Mostly because it’s a habit that we’re fighting against. We cannot change habits in a single day / week / month. It takes time to form a new habit and a lot more to break one. Habits are not changed by stopping / blocking what you’re currently addicted to doing. Instead, what has worked for many, is slowly doing different things on top of what they're already habituated to do. That’s what we want to accomplish with Rooster. And that’s why we are giving the option to nudge yourself via Push Notifications rather than blocking websites altogether. Q. What about my Privacy? A. As mentioned above, we save your data locally and we don't have access to your data at all. So there's no way for us to sell or use your data in any form. And even if we change the product-mechanism in future, we'll notify you first. That's our promise! Q. What if I have some feedback? A. You can reach out to us to our mailing address i.e. [email protected] --------------------- Contact --------------------- Website: www.getrooster.in Email: [email protected] Makers twitter: https://twitter.com/KishanRajdev https://twitter.com/sankalpdomore
- (2020-03-11) Cube: If the extension didn't the homepage the statics it would be significantly better. maybe opening an other page with the stats. Good extension.
- (2020-01-04) Phuong Tran: first valuate: nice!
- (2019-11-21) Konstantin K.: It looks interesting, but I can't give away my whole new tab page to this extension :(
- (2019-07-17) Ben Coleman: I like the visual tracking, but I'd go for two improvements; 1. Privacy - opening a tab shows it all. People have mentioned before. 2. Syncing - I use two machines, so syncing this across Chrome profiles would be good.
- (2019-06-20) Jue Ling: Great extension but better if the new tab is not used. You know... there are too many extensions utilize the new tab space and they conflict with each other. If I install Rooster, another extension on my Chrome cannot function.
- (2019-01-30) Reda Lazri: I have yet to try it and see if it actually works (both the extension and the notification method) but I can't. It hijacks the new tab screen, and when it finds another extension taking that it breaks, clicking on the icon does nothing, no way to access the settings. Personally I don't care about tracking since I have another, system-wide tool for that. I only care for the notifications. :\
- (2019-01-25) rahul shukla: Hi, Nice extension! After two or three days. i have to check my chrome history of the links i had visited. So, can you provide this feature in the next version. Thanks!
- (2018-11-14) Ray Foss: Cool idea. Would rather not have it override my New Tab Page, it's a privacy problem. In Fact, this is the only extension I have that works in such an intrusive way... everything else has a drop down on click or an options page... you need options. Having custom messages from a list would also be nice... Like a bunch of suggestions for improvement.
- (2018-06-29) 子升: 点击没反应
- (2018-06-22) Anny Green: 希望增加数据导出功能
- (2018-05-16) Shlok Sharma: It worked for a little bit, but now it seems to have glitched out. When navigating to a new tab, the rooster extension consistently shows 'Our Roosters are at work; keep browsing' which isn't super helpful. I really like what this extension is supposed to do, and am a little disappointed.
- (2018-05-10) Jasper van der Meij: Nice idea! :-) It would be great to not force the 'new tab' screen and have the options available in another way (right mouse click on the icon).
- (2017-11-23) I think rooster quite helpfull for me to get focused
- (2017-11-06) Christophe THOMAS: Really nice add-on with a nice design. Could maybe add some features to disable alert on week-end and show stats
- (2017-08-04) Luis Bonilla: very good! im in the beta test