Remember text input fields on any page
Remembers values for input fields on a page. TIRE attempts to save the contents of all page fields (except passwords) in which a user can enter text. Once the text has been stored and the page re-visited, the fields can be populated with the text last entered. Complete instructions can be found in TIRE Options > About.
- (2020-08-01) Дракоша Пестренький: Неплохое расширение, работает. Но не обнаруживает закрытие вкладки со его настройками (а пока там не нажать кнопочку EXIT оно работать не будет.)
- (2019-06-05) Chris Vydas: Not saving highlighted input fields. How are we supposed to make new posts in the support forum if we can't even register a new account to login there, "Creating a new account is currently not possible" so no support at all then, seems the developer has abandoned the project.
- (2019-05-02) Denver Braughler: "TIRE: Could not save TireDbData!"
- (2019-02-14) Michael Rajchandra: ABSOLUTE FAILURE... SO MANY BUGS AND LACK OF IMP FEATURES
- (2018-07-11) Haven't made it working. It should not be rocket science to do so. But it complains that it's deactivated unless you allow it to pop up notifications (not sure what they are good for when I need to just restore text lost due to form was not accepted by crappy web-app. And it is not working even after I allowed it to pops up with whatever it wants. Options page is simple, which is good. But I haven't found out why it's not saving text sometimes. Same crappy web app and sometimes I do have saved text (at least TIRE shows some savings for the app. Sorry to say but it was wast of my time. Going to try something else. Good old Lazarus seems to be dead, unfortunately. That was working like a charm.
- (2018-04-12) Manuel H.: Doesn't seem to work. Some fields are highlighted, but the don't see any recover options for the most important text fields.
- (2018-04-04) n ascentt: havent been able to get this to work.
- (2017-12-21) Jonathan Baby: Super intiative pour reprendre le flambeau après Lazarus, en open-source. Passez le voir sur Git-Hub les gens ! +1
- (2017-08-25) Alessandro Salvati: Works, but slows down my browser tremendously. And I'm on a 4K$ gaming rig. Disabling it makes everything smooth again.
- (2017-07-04) Alexander Kreisel: Does what it says, but I would really appreciate a "fill" button in Chrome's context menu as well.
- (2017-02-15) John Smith: It constantly gives me a “Could not save sync data” error. It also makes certain sites slow to load.
- (2016-12-25) Y: 没有弹出图标，需要在extension管理设置里查看保存的文字，用的浏览器是Cent Browser
- (2016-09-26) Sergey Rozhenko: Doesn't work on YouTube (in comments).
- (2016-09-20) Jan Gleixner: YESS! Finally somebody puts Lazarus to the grave, where it belonged for a long time.
- (2016-08-31) Jessie Owens: After Lazarus no longer really supported and this in in active development (you may ask the developer if (s)he needs help!), let's try! Chrome Form Recovery! Yess!! REQUEST: Make it easier to not save my Facebook login email address and easier to FIND and delete that information. Now it is easiest for me to delete ALL information as I found no Search/Find button, although Ctrl-F might help a bit. (Right click icon / options) And you should have some explanations on options page, why one would want to save passwords as Chrome already has such feature built-in? chrome-extension://gjhalkgpmhdpbfjdmeghbdbmbannipjf/tireOptions.html
- (2018-03-12, v:1.0.3) Dimitri Papadakis: Cannot add Asana domain to blacklist
Dear Dev, Firstly thanks for a cool extension. I am having trouble adding Asana to the blacklist (Asana automatically saves input so TIRE is not needed here). Pages loaded at https://app.asana.com do not seem to be recognised by TIRE, when I click add domain to blacklist it refers to domain "newtab". Thanks Dimitri
- (2017-11-03, v:1.0.3) Alison B.: confidentiality
I'm hoping to use something like this with sensitive, confidential text fields (like evaluation reports and therapy data). How does this save information and for how long? Is it HIPAA compliant or could it be made that way? Thanks!
- (2017-10-24, v:1.0.3) Sergey Rozhenko: Doesn't help on YouTube
If YouTube comment is lost, TIRE doesn't help recover it. TextArea Cache on FireFox does.
- (2017-10-21, v:1.0.3) Raul Tambre: Doesn't work on vBulleting 5.3.2 forums
A forum such as Phoronix (https://www.phoronix.com/forums) won't have the contents of a reply saved. But it does save the small box, where you can type the number of the page you want to skip to. I also don't very much like the default setting of highlighting saved fields.
- (2017-07-10, v:0.0.0.6) Christine H: TIRE getting stubborn
Every time I enable TIRE, if there is ANY field usable for "form submission" (even so much as to get something by adding your email) it freezes the page and keeps giving me a pop up saying it "can't sync fields" and KEEPS popping up, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and won't let me get to a new page to disable it so I can move on!! It ROCKED until about 2 weeks ago and now it stays no good no matter where I surf, or what kind of site, etc. HELP!! I sent enthusiastic reviews of this to all my friends and now it does this??
- (2017-01-07, v:0.0.0.6) Joseph Vore: TIRE - Highlight Fields
I've been trying to disable this feature of this amazing extension for a month or so. I can see how this could be a useful feature, however, it ends up making most form inputs difficult to read / type in. What I've noticed is that I am able to disable the feature or change the background color per 'session'. I make sure to save the options, and even confirm it is all configured correctly in the config file. However, for some reason when I quit chrome, or make a new session the TIRE plugin resets the options to the default color and is back to highlighting fields. There seems to be something overwriting / resetting my configurations, and I'm hoping you may have some tips to help remedy this situation. I do have multiple chrome instnaces on multiple devices that use Google Sync, and wonder if that may have something to do with it (however, I haven't experienced this sort of behavior with other extensions in the past). Regardless, this plugin is the only contender to replace what used to be the king of form recovery (Lazarus) and I want to make myself available as a resource/backer to help further improve this extension. I'm a front-end web developer. and haven't yet taken a deeper look into your extension code, but as a intermediate fix have simply ignored the styling your plugin adds to any input / form elements. If you need any dev help, please don't hesitate to ask as this is a project I would love to keep alive and improve. You can reach me at [email protected] Thanks, Joey