Inserts text into any text field at the click of a button.
"Insert Text" is an awsome extension. It helps me a lot. But it remains some bugs, and has been out of maintained for a long time. I have fixed the bug , and republished it as another extension named "Text Snippets". I would be glad to contribute my changes to the original author if it's needed.
- (2021-06-28) Sergio Henrique S Pereira: Ajuda-me muito nas produções de artigos. Às vezes falha, mas nada que incomode.
- (2021-06-25) Devin Woods: Do not use this add in. Cannot even create working folders with this. There are other add ins that actually function properly.
- (2019-05-28) Frederick Nicolas: Nice!!!!!
- (2019-03-04) Paweł Sawicki: ok. działa zgodnie z założeniem
- (2018-08-08) Jeinner Campos: The main problem here is that once you put files into folders, they do not appear on the next level or any other level, the files just disappear.
- (2018-06-11) NetSpeedz: Doesn't work
- (2018-04-04) Future Crypt: Not worked. Why? (((
- (2018-01-11) Marche bien, mais il manque des raccourcis. ce serait bien pour insérer. Je l'utilise pour insérer mon email, mon téléphone et des caractères rares, ou étrangers (ñ, É...)
- (2017-12-02) Philip W: Sadly doesn't work with Facebook.
- (2017-09-12) Stephen Andrews: Great! I have been searching and searching for a replacement to the very old "Chrome Clipper" extension. One problem with this extension is that a lot of the Options page links to the old extension that this is based on. Even the review link goes to the "Insert Text" review page. I'd like to see this totally updated so it looks like a new and different extension. As an impovement, I'd also like to see "placeholders" popup like "chrome clipper" has. If the above was all done it would truly be a new and useful extension rather than just a bug fix of "Insert Text"
- (2017-08-12) Frank Moegelin: Very useful. After install i must restart chrome.
- (2017-06-15) bjem: Very useful, though I have deducted a star because you need to restart Chrome for any new text snippets to appear in the context menu.
- (2017-06-07) Sergey: simply does not work. Though, the idea is nice
- (2021-06-20, v:2.1.0) Lyle Daniels: Unable to get folder contents
This feels weird and I feel stupid lol - I can't get the text templates out of the folders or access them since I popped them to a folder. Any help perhaps?
- (2021-02-24, v:2.1.0) Bruno Pimenta: Code inside text snippets
Hello, I would like to know if there is a way to code inside a comment. For example present (current date) instead of writing the date.
- (2020-05-10, v:2.1.0) James Hrenak: This plugin is no longer supported
Between double lines in output on certain sites like YouTube and losing ALL of my snippets because I decide to organize them into folders (DO NOT USE THE FOLDER OPTION!!!! YOU WILL LOSE EVERYTHING YOU PUT INTO A FOLDER), I have given up and dropped the extension. This extension is outdated and no longer supported. Be warned :)
- (2020-03-05, v:2.1.0) James Hrenak: Double spaced lines (line breaks)
I noticed on some websites, that lines are double space. For example, YouTube's new YouTube Studio version of their video uploader. The YouTube Classic uploader (original), you could right click on the video description box and use this plugin to insert some common sentences. The line breaks appear as they should. However, in the new YouTube Studio uploader, when you use this plugin to insert the same text, it looks like I hit enter an extra time with every line break. So you get a double line break everytime. I can't seem to stop that from happening. Which can get a little annoying because you have to go back everytime and delete all of the extra empty lines. In some templates, this can be quite a lot. What do you think could be causing this? Is there a workaround?
- (2019-01-10, v:2.1.0) File Location
My administrator recently disabled extensions in Chrome, but I would really like to get a copy of all of the snippets that I had created. Can you please tell me where the data/info is stored?
- (2018-08-07, v:2.1.0) Folders not working
Nothing about the folders seems to work for me. Once I save a template to a folder, it seems to eat it for all of time. Maybe I'm missing something? The folder shows up in the right-click menu, but clicking on it does nothing.
- (2018-05-30, v:2.1.0) Lost all of my templates
Suddenly my extension was removed from Chrome without any popup or alert message. After adding again the extension to Chrome all my text templates were lost. Is there a way for me to recover them? Thanks!
- (2018-01-30, v:2.1.0) Sync
There's an export function, but I'd like a sync function.
- (2018-01-30, v:2.1.0) Folders doesn't work
I have a problem with folders. When saving a snippet in folders, it doesn't show the folder content (in contexte menu)
- (2018-01-11, v:2.1.0) Functions
Functions would be a huge addition: insert date, time, or " " placing the cursor inside the " ".
- (2018-01-11, v:2.1.0) shortcuts
Could you add shortcuts to insert texts? It would be perfect.
- (2018-01-10, v:2.1.0) Scott Yu: Support firefox
Can you please support Firefox?
- (2017-11-16, v:2.1.0) Error on creating text in folder
The extension looks great, but I'm having some problems using it. When I create a folder and want to add text to it it fails to save every time. When I check the console, it shows this error: store.js:102 Uncaught Node not found The usage of folder is the one thing that I really like about your extension. Could you help me with this issue?