Easily copy the selected text without formatting to the clipboard via the right-click menu.
Copy As Plain Text is a lite extension that let you easily copy any text without formatting to the clipboard via right-click context-menu item. Simply browse to a website and select a desired text, then right-click and select - Copy as plain text - from the context-menu. The selected text will be copied to the clipboard without any formatting. Please note that, in order to paste to the clipboard you can use (Ctrl + V) or right-click and select - Paste - from the context-menu. To report bugs, please fill the bug report form in the addon's homepage (https://mybrowseraddon.com/copy-as-plain-text.html).
- (2021-06-19) Stephen Stewart - CDLE: Works great and saves time. Thank you.
- (2021-03-26) Kongulu Zulu: This enabled me to save just the text I selected - without all the text added by the publisher. This save lots of time if you saving clips to study later and do not want to have to go through all notes eliminating extraneous text.
- (2020-10-24) Jesus Mandeiro: Works even in chrome extensions, very impressed, removes hidden format like new paragraphs in the middle of text. 5 Stars*****
- (2020-09-17) Moka: pretty good
- (2019-10-16) Jasper Dazoc: Very little memory usage and does as advertised and nothing more. Just what a simple little extension should do. Works perfectly. Great to use with Dark Reaader
- (2019-06-29) David Hager: Decent. Use it on multiple machines.
- (2019-04-14) Rikta Begum: nice extension
- (2018-10-22) Amy B: Works great, doesn't take up a lot of memory, so great little extension. I wish it had a keyboard shortcut, but it's still useful as is.
- (2018-06-19) Larry Teitelbaum: I used to use "copy without formatting" (offered by Jing) but it mysteriously disappeared from my browser and from the store. This one is a little less convenient to use, but gets the job done.