Inserts text into any text field at the click of a button.
With Insert Text you can insert a saved block of text in any editable field. Simply right click where you want to insert it, open the 'Insert Text' menu and select the text to insert. It's that easy. It will work with any input field, rich text editor or your favourite email account such as GMail, Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail. Save time by creating blocks of text that you often use like a signature for your emails or your address for e-commerce sites. Key Features ---------- ✓ Right click any field to access the easy to use Insert Text menu and select the text you want to insert ✓ Use for inserting your email signature or anything other text you use often ✓ Options page for managing your texts ✓ Create new texts and update, delete and re-order existing texts ✓ Create multiple folders to organise different types of text ✓ Create in either plain text or rich text formats ✓ Export and import texts Support ----------- If you have any questions or wish to report a bug please or request a new feature please use the 'Extension support' link to the right Privacy ----------- This addon does NOT collect any information about you or your browsing habits. It needs permission to be able to access your tabs and website data in order to interact with the page to be able to insert text into it and this is all it uses these permissions for.
- (2020-11-27) Николай Егоров: not inserted...
- (2020-11-12) Clive Dennis: Simply doesn't work. Tried the tricks suggested by other reviewers but no joy. Pity as the idea is great and it's easy to set up texts but then ?
- (2020-04-06) Mark Mathis: Well it was nice while it lasted... even though it's been abandon-ware for 2 years it kept on trucking along, but the latest Chrome updates appear to have finally killed it :(.
- (2019-12-30) Quantum Field Media: Worked great until all my custom text disappeared. Anyway to recover or do I have to start over?
- (2019-12-17) Ayrat Shakirov: Very convinient to use! Thanks!
- (2019-12-13) banality: good
- (2019-11-24) Andro Meskhoradze: Great App. Thank you Autor Need shortcuts
- (2019-09-12) Alain Kovacs: This does not work! Please fix it
- (2019-08-28) Amin Hassanlou: Nice idea but it does not work on Chrome!
- (2019-08-26) Denis Shuvalov: Not working
- (2019-07-25) Frederick Nicolas: You need to open the Options(new tab) always when using the extension. Whenever you close it, it will stop working. Hope this can work on background to avoid additional tabs.
- (2019-06-07) EOAG Games: Fine Works. But, it's not work at input field in google play review for developer. it's need another options. Thanks.
- (2019-05-24) Matthieu Lebas: Utile et pratique. Je ne peux plus m'en passer.
- (2019-05-15) Stephen Peel: Nice addition but it does indeed need some refinement... I'm still using it but it is frustrating at times.
- (2019-04-19) Mike Rufty: Exactly want I needed. A simple click to insert the same comment all the time on any page.
- (2019-02-20) MARCOS DLH: EXCELENTE!
- (2019-01-21) Alexander Uhl: Funktioniert nicht, Texte lassen sich zwar anlegen aber nicht einfügen!?
- (2019-01-19) Phil Wulf: Has saved me literally days of typing
- (2019-01-09) Derp Ferret: Doesn't work with Reddit, regardless of using Reddit's markup or text editor, and regardless of whether the text is Plain Text or Rich Text in the extension. The Papercuts extension works better. http://goo.gl/vaWDT
- (2019-01-05) Chris Wilson: This app is great! It does exactly what I need it to do. If you haven't used it before READ the reviews. It will save you some headache. I didn't know you had to shut down chrome in order for the extension to work and every time you add new text to it. Great app!
- (2019-01-04) JUAN ANTONIO MARTINEZ SAURA: Para mis necesidades es perfecto, potente y sencillo. Mis felicitaciones al desarrollador.
- (2018-10-10) Victor Schappert: Great concept, very simple, when it works I'm satisfied. The problem (as other reviewers have also noted) is that as of with version 2.0.5 updated September 7, 2018, the insertion functionality breaks as soon as you add a new snippet. For me fixing this problem requires restarting Chrome completely (a total pain if you have dozens of tabs). However, other reviewers have suggested you can also disable/re-enable to work around this bug. I haven't tried that yet. Anyway, fix that bug and I would give it a 4-star rating.
- (2018-09-20) Louise Robert: Tellement pratique!!
- (2018-09-01) Joe: Very handy. Can be buggy at times but all I had to do was re open chrome and it fixed it. Overall, great.
- (2018-06-20) Bonnie Dalager: This doesn't work at all. I have everything set up but it doesn't insert text at all.
- (2018-06-11) Bam Dorner: Im Moment keine Möglichkeit Textblöcke einzufügen, schade
- (2018-04-21) Sérgio Jornalista Canal Democracia e Liberdade: Às vezes funciona. Não sei se é por questão do site em si ou pelo aplicativo. Mas vale instalá-lo.
- (2017-09-21) Nathan Rolph: Works great. There are a few minor bugs (occasionally it will not insert and needs to be nudged to work again) but overall does exactly what it says in the tin. Easy to setup, very easy to use.
- (2017-09-05) Paresh Koli: So much useful
- (2017-07-27) Mike Trueblood: This makes my day to day work so much easier!
- (2017-04-23) Jim Green: It's awsmome! I want to translate it to Chinese. Do you open source it on github? --- "Insert Text" is a awsome extension. It helps me a lot. But it remains some bugs, and it has been out of maintained it for a long time. I have fixed the bug , and republish it as another extension named "Text Snippets". I would be glad to contribute my changes to the original author if it's needed. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nfkicldpnflkchmbaliabnplahdhipip
- (2016-12-12) Chelsea Field: Love this! So so useful!
- (2021-02-11, v:2.0.5) Bruno Pimenta: Doubt current date in text as code
is there any way to put the current date in text as code?so every time you use it, it presents the current data instead of put it every time in the insert text
- (2021-01-20, v:2.0.5) Mike Kormendy: Not working in Chrome Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (x86_64)
I have a couple text blocks I want to insert, but they don't insert into the text field anymore like they used to.
- (2020-10-19, v:2.0.5) Spinedi Manu: Tab command
Hi team Can we fill out several fields with one single entry by using tabulation commande ?? like script ?
- (2020-05-04, v:2.0.5) Daniel Bittencourt: Problem after adding a new entry to Insert Text
Hi. I have been having this issue for a long time where if I add a new entry in Insert Text. The ability to paste the text stops working until I restart Chrome. I can see the menu and he entries there, but selecting a text to be pasted in my form does nothing. Is this a known issue? Thanks!
- (2020-05-03, v:2.0.5) s.そまさん: データが全て削除された
- (2020-03-31, v:2.0.5) Sky Dassel: File
I have a folder I created in Insert Text. How do I save the folder onto my computer? Thanks.
- (2020-03-10, v:2.0.5) Karl Sultana: Text I create is lost..
I create two email addresses (plain text). But after a few days they're going. I have to create them again. Do I have to run chrome in Admin or something like that? Thanks
- (2019-12-30, v:2.0.5) David Monroe: Permissions - Read your browsing history
Hello, I have been using this extension, but have just noticed the permissions tab indicates "Read your browsing history" is a requirement. It appears as this is the case whether I limit the extensions ability to read and change all your data on websites. Can you please provide information on how the permission "read your browsing history" is utilized and why it is required? Thanks!
- (2019-11-12, v:2.0.5) Marcelo Simões: Text Editor
The text editor have a problem. Alignment options do not work.
- (2019-08-05, v:2.0.5) ADMO Rent: Sync across devices
Can I sync standard text across chrome browsers on multiple devices? Seems like each time I use another computer I need to add the standard text the Insert Text chrome extension. Isn’t there a way when I use my chrome login to have the same text at different devices?
- (2019-07-09, v:2.0.5) Manak Ai Min: The saved manage text/template doesn't appear when I click to select it
Hi Admin, I have using insert text for three years. And now it suddenly not working. I right-click to choose the saved manage text/template but nothing come from my saved manage text. I go to Options > Manage Texts and found that all saved template are still there. I try to disable insert text from Chrome and re-enable it but still with the same issue. I tried to remove insert text from Chrome extension and re-add it also same issue. Please advise.
- (2018-09-09, v:2.0.5) Insert Text now working with latest Chrome update
Insert Text is now working again with the latest Chrome update. All of my prior named and saved text and categories are visible and available. Nothing was lost during the brief outage caused by the latest Chrome update. Thank you very much to the developer for quickly releasing a fix.. very much appreciated.
- (2018-09-06, v:2.0.4) Joe Katz: Insert text
As other users have mentioned, with the Chrome update, we've lost Insert Text. Do you have an approximate repair time, if at all? Thank you in advance. -Joseph
- (2018-09-06, v:2.0.4) Ola Paprocki: Not working
Insert text is not working. Are all the templates now lost? This is so frustrating.
- (2018-09-05, v:2.0.4) Andrew Sebby: Insert Text Not Working
As noted by some other users recently, Chrome updated and Insert Text no longer works. Are you aware of this issue and are you working on an update of your own to address it so Insert Text can be used again? Thank you
- (2018-09-05, v:2.0.4) Сергій Золотарьов: chrome 69
don`t work on chrome 69 after update
- (2018-06-25, v:2.0.3) Brian Duggan: Any fix coming?
I have been using Insert Text for a while now for a while now, and it has been great. Recently I've been having problems and am unable to make text edits anymore. I've tried removing the extension and then adding back again, but nothing seems to work. Any update on when you might release a fix? Thanks!
- (2018-06-13, v:2.0.3) Fidalma D'Ammando: Very nice, but does not work
When I try to insert text it doesn't do anything, no text inserted