Exempt your favorite channels from adblocking.
This extension allows you to whitelist specific channels from uBlock Origin, while also allowing you to blacklist, mute specific advertisers and skip unskippable ads! To get started, add the following line to uBlock Origin's "Trusted Sites" tab: *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1 Firefox version: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-channel-whitelist/ Source / Issues: https://github.com/x0a/uBO-YouTube
- (2020-11-21) Claire Wang: Great extension. Works perfectly when you follow the instructions
- (2020-11-13) Prime Technophilia: Updated: Allot of people are having issues keeping ublock working as it disables itself if you put in the below. *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1 HOWEVER if you put in the below it appears to work, you can turn off the whitelist warning in this extensions options. *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1* (notice a * at the end, that is only change, and ublock will disable/enable correctly depending on url whereas before it would disable and hash out this line)
- (2020-10-07) Števo B: funguje ako má, nezabudnite do uBlock whitelistu zapísať *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1
- (2020-09-29) gideonsward: not working for me what so ever.
- (2020-08-23) Cássio Amaral: The extension works flawlessly, big thanks to the devs. Whoever is complaining that it doesn't or that it causes bugs must have not added the line *youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1 to uBlock Origin whitelist.
- (2020-08-10) Peter_W: This is a scam isn't it? All those comments writing in caps how it works, doesn't work at all or VERY sporadically. (actually worked once on a single video)
- (2020-08-05) Wade Murdock: NO IDEA why this has good reviews. All it does in like enable ads on all videos. Sometimes the ad goes for like a few seconds then auto-skips to the actual video (on channels ads are NOT enabled on). You have to refresh the page to make the ads actually work. You have to refresh to make ads go away on channels it's disabled on. I think. I don't know. It's not consistent AT ALL and just sucks. So much. Doesn't do as advertised at all. I hate it. Die. Bye.
- (2020-06-29) Terry: Works most of the time and helps me to support my fav creators! Thank you!
- (2020-01-21) San Jacobs: Works perfectly well on Vivaldi with uBlock. It also looks freaking gorgeous.
- (2020-01-16) Thiades is awesome: I can't believe it actually worked!
- (2020-01-13) Dilon Pait: Не удаляет рекламу. Надо ublock_origin !
- (2019-12-13) Shahmir Khan: MUST HAVE for ethically blocking ads on youtube 10/10 seriously underrated
- (2019-12-07) Rich Johnson: Been using this extension for a few months now & it has worked flawlessly. Over the past couple of weeks I noticed an issue where the "Skip Ad" button that would show up after 5 seconds disappeared. Went to the Github page & filed an issue. Worked through some things with x0a & in 48 hours we got the 0.9.8 release that has fixed that old issue. Developer is awesome for sure, and I like being able to support YouTuber's I follow while blocking out people who do like 100 ads a minute on their videos that I may watch for a few minutes. Thanks for this extension!
- (2019-10-20) Richard Jones: Fantastic add-on. Great work.
- (2019-10-08) Elliot R. Bermel: This is essential for helping your favorite channels on youtube earn revenue. 10/10. Have been using over 6 mos and no problem.
- (2019-08-12) SomeDumbMei: Works. Can someone confirm that it isn't malware though? Is the code open-source?
- (2019-06-13) Andrew Jeff: Works brilliant. I am very surprised, so happy I found it.
- (2019-05-24) Shizune Hakamichi: Breaks uBlock Origin & youtube entirely, to the point where I cannot recommend this extension to ANYONE.
- (2019-05-05) Yuhara: This actually works.
- (2019-02-07) D. A.: Awesome! Without scripts <3
- (2018-10-28) Revaz Georgia: С этим расширением поиск на youtube не всегда срабатывает
- (2018-10-17) Espe Cr: Funciona perfectamente :)
- (2018-09-02) Lennaert: Amazing, very useful
- (2018-08-21) Tyler: The only app/script/etc. that I'm aware of which ACTUALLY allows you to whitelist YouTube channels if you're using uBlock Origin. My one complaint is that I would like to be able to add channels to my whitelist through the extension, rather then having to do so on a channel/video. You can remove channels from your whitelist within the extension, and import/export, but you can't just type the name of a channel and add it to your list. I would appreciate that option, but overall, the extension still gets the job done, and is pretty easy to use, so I definitely recommend it.
- (2018-08-12) Thehail: Great extension to help content creators you like!
- (2020-10-04, v:0.11.5) Darian Inman: Oct. 2nd 2020 update causing video preferences to not save.
After the update was pushed to me, video preferences meaning volume, quality, etc. would not save after leaving the page. The settings would default back to 720p and full volume with new tabs or newly clicked on videos. I verified that this was caused by the update by disabling the extension and seeing that the behavior no longer occurred.
- (2020-09-06, v:0.10.16) Jack E: Unskippable ads whitelist?
Hello. Whitelist works great, but I was wondering if you have a method to whitelist the 5-6s long unskippable ads, but blacklist the "TrueView" 30s ads which can be skipped after a few seconds? I don't mind watching a shorter CPM ad to support a creator but i really don't want to watch a full 30s ad to support them. Thanks. :)
- (2020-08-04, v:0.10.8) Triaji Adisaputro: Youtube home page adding ?igno=re&disableadblock=1 when I refresh
So I noticed recently that if I refresh Youtube's home page, they would add ?igno=re&disableadblock=1 at the end. Since I have this extension, this means that my ublock origin would stop working on the youtube home page. Would it be possible for me to change the link that is added on whitelisted youtube channels, so that I can just change it to like &disableadblock=2 or something.
- (2020-02-18, v:0.9.13) Kevin M: Doesn't Work
Hey, It kinda works for me, I had it enabled on 2 channels, and I added the line the UBO's whitelist. So initially i see an add, then it autorefreshes the page and the ad is skipped, then if i refresh the page or go to other videos from the channel, it doesn't happen again, so i'm not watching any ads really. What's up with this?
- (2019-09-22, v:0.8.15) Thiago: Skip Button
Since I added the extension, the skip advertising button no longer appears.
- (2019-05-05, v:0.7.12) Yuhara: Options for allowed ads
Would appreciate it if I can select what types of ad to allow, I really hate the overlay banner one.
- (2019-04-13, v:0.7.12) M C: error during searching channel.
If I press button "Find channels" and type "ML" I get white page error.
- (2019-04-11, v:0.7.12) Cillian: Pressing the "JOIN" button under a video causes the website to reload.
This also makes the video start from the beginning. This doesn't happen on the channels page, only on videos.
- (2018-08-30, v:0.6.5) Will it work without uBlock Origin installed
I don't use uBlock Origin (I have Opera with the built in ad blocker) but would like to be able to allow my favorite channels to run ads. Will this work? I have the "add Chrome extensions" extension for opera.
- (2018-07-27, v:0.6.5) A Martin: No Skip Button
Apparently the skip button for longer ads will not show up for ads allowed through by this addon.
- (2018-07-12, v:0.6.3) Matt Brown: Refresh Needed
The extension works, but ads will not show until I refresh the page. After refreshing the page the ads will show for my desired channels.
- (2018-06-14, v:0.6.3) Dominic H.: invalid whitelist syntax
*youtube.com/*&disableadblock=1 is the wrong syntax for whitelisting, so it gets commented out by ublock origin, and the extension won't work
- (2018-05-20, v:0.5.3) Skip ad not showing
When i open a new video the skip ad in x seconds button does not display however if i refresh the same video it appears
- (2018-01-04, v:0.3.6) Touch Me: Options
The "Options" option is grayed out