Saka - elegent tab search, selection, and beyond
Elegant tab search, selection, and beyond. Designed to be fast, intuitive, and beautiful. Inspired by Spotlight. Keyboard-focused but mouse friendly too. Open source. * Lists tabs in order of recency by default, then fuzzy search by title or URL. * Search recently closed tabs * Search all bookmarks * Search all history * Search all open tabs, closed tabs and browsing history at the same time --- 1. Activate the extension by entering CTRL+SPACE or ALT+SPACE on Macs. 2. Search your tabs by title or URL 3. Switch between suggestions using the arrow keys or TAB and SHIFT+TAB. 4. Switch to a tab by pressing ENTER or clicking on a suggestion 5. Try other search modes using SHIFT+SPACE Other ways to activate Saka: * CTRL+E (or CMD+E on Macs) * CTRL+SHIFT+1 (or CMD+SHIFT+1 on Macs) - This shortcut works globally even outside Chrome --- Useful keyboard shortcuts: * CTRL+K (or CMD+K on Macs) - Clear the search * CTRL+S (or CMD+S on Macs) - View the previous page of suggestions * CTRL+D (or CMD+D on Macs) - View the next page of suggestions * CTRL+Backspace (or CMD+Delete on Macs) - Close selected tab * DOWN ARROW or TAB - Select the next suggestions * UP ARROW or SHIFT-TAB - Select the previous suggestion Mode shortcuts * SHIFT+SPACE - switch modes * SPACE (but only if the search bar is empty) - switch modes * CTRL+SHIFT+M (or CMD+SHIFT+M on Macs) - switch to select mode * CTRL+SHIFT+A (or CMD+SHIFT+A on Macs) - switch to tab search * CTRL+SHIFT+A (or CMD+SHIFT+A on Macs) - switch to recently closed tab search --- Why does Saka need so many permission? 1. Read and change all your data on the websites you visit - needed to insert Saka into each page 2. Read and change your browsing history - needed for upcoming features: history search and recency-based tab switching 3. Read and change your bookmarks - needed for upcoming feature: bookmarks search --- Custom keyboard shortcuts To configure your keyboard shortcuts and make others available globally, enter "chrome://extensions/configureCommands" in your URL bar and hit enter. --- Like this extension? Check out the other open source extension for keyboard-only browsing Saka Key. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/saka-key/hhhpdkekipnbloiiiiaokibebpdpakdp --- Release Notes: 0.17.1 * Added feature to close selected tab in Saka when hotkey (ctrl+backspace) is pressed 0.16.4 * Improved fuzzy search to not penalize search results based on length * Improved mode switcher UI to make it more obvious that it is clickable * Added restoring of window sessions 0.16.1 * Fixed issue where Saka could not be launched using a custom hotkey in Saka Key 0.16.0 * Added a tab bar at the top of Saka to allow for easy switching between modes 0.15.0 * Added 'Recently Viewed' search mode for all open tabs, closed tabs and browsing history at the same time 0.14.2 * Added optional highlighting + fuzzy search for bookmark and history search 0.14.1 * Fix bug where active selection icon was misaligned * Fix bug where mode selection was not rendering ⌘ correctly * Fix bug where suggestions were hidden on new installs first load 0.14.0 * Added History Search * Added Saka hotkey list on the options page * Fixed bug where incognito tab favicons could leak into the non-incognito favicon cache when a user loaded Saka while having incognito tabs open (https://github.com/lusakasa/saka/issues/28) 0.13.0 * Added options page for customizing Saka settings * Choose default mode that Saka opens in * Enable/Disable suggestions list when Saka first opens 0.12.1 * Added bookmark search 0.12.0 * Rearchitected to support Firefox * Better viewport and zoom independence 0.11.0 * Improved multi-window support 0.10.0 * Added mode for searching recently closed tabs * Added mode for selecting what type of search to perform * The Action button now indicates the current mode * The active suggestion now shows an icon corresponding to the suggestion type * Many new keyboard shortcuts 0.9.0 * Added Saka to right-click menu (will make this optional in future) * Fixed match highlighting bug 0.8.0 * Match highlighting * Recently closed tabs now appear at end of list when no search text is entered * Action button icon now changes based on the active suggestion 0.7.0 * Use your mouse wheel to scroll through suggestions! 0.6.0 * Pagination to support viewing more than 6 results * Moved "activation button" to left side of search bar as part of an upcoming feature 0.5.0 * Lists tabs by recency by default 0.4.0 * CMD+K no longer toggles Saka. Instead, it clears the search bar. * Integration with Saka Key 0.3.0 * Saka is now zoom independent so its size and location are fixed for common zoom levels and viewport sizes * When Saka is activated from a reserved page, the opened tab now uses a screenshot of the reserved page as it's background image. 0.2.0 * bug fixes * changed to persistent background page for reduced latency 0.1.0 * Initial Beta Release
- (2019-11-09) Anton Kerezov: Hey very nice extension. Can I suggest one fundamental feature which might make your Saka the best fullscreen extention. Because google locked the search bar we cannot search for new pages. Can it be possible to start in a mode for searching google and if we want we can select from the list of tabs that are open as well? Also more customization of fonts and spacing as well as the button on the bottom would be very cool. Keep up the good work.
- (2019-09-22) Jean Bruckner: great! supreme! first class! all we need! I missed it so long time, now, I am calmed down! so thankxsxsxxs!
- (2019-08-21) Prashant kulkarni: so many tab for opening closed tab , recently open tab, history, bookmarks,all opened tab...excellent extension
- (2019-07-14) Tarek Elsayed: It would be so nice to let this extension close tabs with the same ease it allows to switch tabs.
- (2019-05-29) Eptiskus dulce: нет этой опции с middle mouse button, Ctrl + left mouse button -- нельзя не вырубив окно открыть несколько пунктов в нем сразу; И автор принимает критику и предложения только в своём огороженном гит хаб курятнике. Мнение здешних крестьян его не интересуют. Ок. (может не совсем справедливо, но поставлю единицу)
- (2019-05-02) Santosh Kumar: I love this extension. If the tab list of this extension can display the tabs in tree format like the firefox extension "Tree Style Tab", it will be AWESOME!!. I an looking for an alternative for "Tree Style Tab" extension in chrome and this extension is the closet I could find in Chrome.
- (2019-01-29) Mark Piper: The best tab search I've found. Love the global shortcut feature.
- (2018-11-10) Klas Mellbourn: This is one of these extensions that I didn't know I needed, but now I can't live without it.
- (2018-09-28) Igor Rizhyi: very good application with good performance. exactly what i looking for. the only one thing i wish to be changed is that there is no sense to show current active tab in search results. example: if i have 2 opened wikipedia tabs and im currently on it and i remember that i have another wiki article i want to switch, then i just toggle extension, write 'wik', click enter and im on it (my current tab is not listed in search results)
- (2018-08-06) Ankit Mundada: Loved it! Especially the 'Modes' feature, which is cool. Also easy short-cuts. Must have productivity extension.
- (2018-05-05) Iury Souza: Loved it! Looks awesome. One thing that would greatly improve the extension is enabling searching through all modes at once. I`ve used a similar extension with that feature and I miss it here.
- (2018-03-01) Lewis MacLachlan: Sufyan don't give up now! You are so nearly there with both SAKA key and SAKA. Saka needs: - integrated search ... a mode to search bing, google at the least from the search box. Similar to surfingkey ow. Saka key needs: -You are so close my friend. I have tried vim, SurfingKeys, etc. SAKA is faster, more reliable, better organising the links so fewer characters represent the most important links (not sure if this is by design or simply because it indexes fewer links on the page). - I get you are not trying to be vim, but there are some features that are really useful without being over complex. Things like, the popup box feature with suggestions, easy remembering how to copy elements frames etc... ok i can't think of anymore right now but they exist! Get in touch if you need help. I remembered... Saka needs the thing where you can use the ][ keys to go next and previous on searches.
- (2018-02-15) Nikhilesh Sigatapu: Could there be a way to add functionality to have it open a new tab pre-populated with your search if you press a different key or if there are no results? Mostly for the action "open current instance of this page if it's currently open, else start the processing of initiating a new one..."
- (2017-08-30) Ronnie Moon: If you like to open lots of tabs and have trouble finding the right one this lets you quickly search and jump to the right tab with your keyboard.
- (2017-08-25) Dustin Moore: Tab searching is easier now. No problems.
- (2017-08-25) Luqmaan Dawoodjee: I used to use BurstKey to switch/fuzzy search tabs. Saka is nicer looking.