Only copies the hostname of the current window to the clipboard. Check out http://chrisiona.com/hostcopy
By default, Google Chrome will hide the "http://" from view in the browser search bar ("omnibar"). However, when you highlight and copy the hostname from the omnibar, Chrome will include the "http://" to your clipboard. This is a great idea in principle (especially in email and documents), unless you want to copy the *hostname only* for use in a different application, such as a shell window. This extension provides you with 1-click "Copy to Clipboard" functionality for the hostname only, from the page you're currently browsing.
- (2019-09-25) Sinisa Petrov: Great extension. Thank you so much for sharing.
- (2019-08-30) Billy Malcolm: It's pretty great, I just wish there was also an option to not include "www". I just need "domain.ext"
- (2017-01-10) Eric Tucker: Love it. Firefox at least lets you disable this behaviour and copy just the highlighted part. Google doesn't give us any choice, instead ramming behaviour of Chrome and other apps down our throat. My only wish would be the ability to configure a hotkey.
- (2017-01-09) Boma Adhi: Chrome was driving me insane for adding http:/ and / to every host name i tried to copy from the address bar. Chrome dev team should appreciate this work since I almost ditched chrome as my default browser.
- (2016-04-06) Rory Hewitt: For nerds like me that spend a lot of time bouncing back and forth between a browser and tools like dig, this is great. Simple, unobtrusive, works like a charm
- (2015-07-08) John Christiano: Hostcopy is an amazing feature. Surprised this isn't a default with the browser. Very useful, and even copies ipv6 addresses! Thank you for your quick response and ongoing support!!!
- (2015-01-09) Dhruv AHUJA: Great extension! Would upgrade to 5 stars if it didn't copy the port when specified. Thanks!
- (2014-12-11) Matthias Wehrlein: Best thing since sliced bread!
- (2014-10-20) Albert Tumanov: Does not work
- (2014-07-02) Michael Donnelly: I've been frustrated daily by this behavior from Chrome. Thanks for making an elegant and simple tool to make my browser behave the way I want it to.
- (2014-06-29) Diego Lagos: Ottima, piccola ma fà eggreggiamente il suo lavoro. cioè quella di togliere il fastidioso http:// dalla copia degli indirizzi
- (2014-06-24) Erik Heppler: Wow. I was actually considering dropping Chrome altogether because I find this behavior to be incredibly aggravating. When I copy text I expect to copy what I selected. Nothing more, nothing less. Since Google seems indifferent to this issue I'm just glad I could find some kind of workaround. Thank you for your efforts with this extension!
- (2014-01-09) Darin Miller: Works great!
- (2012-03-13) Sajal Kayan: AWESOME! thank god i did a google search before starting to make this exact plugin!. Chrome should make the omnibar configurable like Firefox does!
- (2020-01-28, v:1.3) Kevin Elmore: Dark Mode button colors
So thankful I found this tool! I noticed the icon is difficult to see when "dark mode" is enabled in Chrome. Thanks for building this!