Manage your Google tasks todo list with a visual Kanban board
Get Things Done! With Kanbanly you can easily prioritize your To-Do list tasks, limit work-in-progress to improve productivity and filter the view based on due dates or custom search strings. Since Kanbanly uses Google Tasks API, you need to login to a Google account in order to manage your tasks. Feature highlights: - Configurable columns and board templates - Multiple color options for Kanban task cards - Drag & drop interface for prioritizing, changing phase, changing list etc. - New tasks can be added directly from Gmail to your Kanban board - Supports multiple lists (projects) for managing tasks - Filter/search that supports regular expressions - Supports Reminders & Due Dates for tasks - Tasks can have tags and you can search by using a tag - Filtering based on task Due Date
- (2021-02-01) Nikolay Shachnev: Спасибо! Пожалуйста, сделайте, чтобы в списке задач было видно подзадачи
- (2021-01-30) Manuel Galván: Es lo que necesitaba que mis tareas poder ponerlas en un Kanban, para desglosar su avance. La recomiendo.
- (2020-12-08) Stephen Lacey: I was looking for a simple board to manage day to day tasks in Gmail. I have now been using Kanbanly for two weeks and would highly recommend it. Smooth syncing between google tasks means that any email can be added. Board set up and layout is logical and so easy to use. It is free and should not be compared to some of the bells and whistles that come with subscription systems. The developer should be very proud of this system and very worth the small donation that can be made to support him/her. So if you are looking for a product to help manage your Gmail activities in a simple, intuitive way - Look no further.
- (2020-12-03) Bas Schiltmans: The extension is good in many ways. I will start using it to organize my tasks.
- (2020-11-27) Harki Rehal: This kanban board has everything i want from google tasks. I just dont like having to log on to my google account everytime I have to use this board.
- (2020-11-14) Stephan Rickauer: Very simple and effective to use. Is there a way to use it for teams/multiple people? And secondly, can one aggregate tasks from multiple google accounts in one board?
- (2020-08-06) Petr Jandal: Well, it doesnt start. I cant see anywehere any icon or view. Print screen doesnt give me any idea where to start it.
- (2020-04-08) Terence McGuire: I used Kanbanly years ago and rediscovered it lately. I filled out an extensive board with some issues of entries not appearing but I continued. Today all of my entries are gone. I have 1 big blank board.
- (2020-02-04) Seatchartmanager Departmental: Is there a way I can create a new board from scratch? For example, I am very much interested in the The Eisenhower Decision Matrix so I want to use this matrix across each task list; however, it seems like I need to always edit each existing board when I want to apply my own board. I would want to see my own customized board that would always appear, clickable, applicable whenever new task is created. Does this make sense?
- (2020-01-22) Pierre LeBaux: Ok this s**t is awesome.
- (2020-01-13) Tim Johnsen: Wow! This is slick! Good job guys/gals! Just enough functionality, but not too much. Dragging between task lists is wonderful. Creating custom cards is awesome too. Priority and Deadline fields should have blank option. Would be great to have a phone app that works the same as this and leverages the meta tags you have already embedded in the tasks.
- (2019-09-30) Sorin Sfirlogea: Nice tool, I would improve the look and feel a little bit, which is kind of rough. One issue: it seems that is not saving correctly the connection to the Google account. After every restart of the computer it asks again for the connection information.
- (2019-09-24) Villads Claes: Det har manglet for mig længe at jeg kan kategorisere visuelt med mine opgaver. Jeg nyder kanban-metoden og jeg synes at denne app er stilren og nem at bruge
- (2019-09-22) Amy Lin: This app is amazing.
- (2019-08-05) Alex Chung: loving it, but not sure how to use tags?
- (2019-06-25) Juan Manuel Mendoza Hamburger: Excelente. La recomiendo como una opcion sencilla para manejar GTD.
- (2019-06-08) n ascentt: Impressive so far
- (2019-06-03) Cameron Nichol: Doesn't communicate with Tasks properly anymore.
- (2019-05-22) Станислав Садыков: Thank you all great
- (2019-05-11) Marcos Fernandez: Sensacional !
- (2019-02-03) Игорь Логинов: Спасибо, очень удобно!
- (2019-01-14) Tony Diep: This kanban is really well done!
- (2018-12-05) Yahya Soylu: It was a very nice program for planning. But when changing the color, the items that can be erased accidentally do not come back.It would be much better if you correct it.
- (2018-10-04) Ben Dittbrenner: For those on the quest for the ultimate task management process, this is one more excellent tool. No bells or whistles, but it does exactly what it says, and is well thought out and functional.
- (2018-09-07) Harvey Andruss: I have been looking for drag/drop between lists for a while but now I'm rethinking everything with the kanban capability. The UI/UX is wonderful. Enhancement ideas could be to allow edit upon double clicking the box with the task in it, selecting multiple boxes and assigning features such as deadline date, color, state AND TAG en masse (more than one box at a time) and allowing the Notes field in the tasks to be larger since links or descriptive text there is the norm for me. Well played, Nodetics! Google should come knocking any day now... Not sure what to do with Estimated Effort since it remains hidden. Priority is ok with the badge, but maybe make it a sort feature in the column. You could also do that for Deadline both date/time.Tags is good, but maybe should be global across lists if possible.
- (2018-09-06) Jake Orlowitz: Excellent extension. Drag and drop works swell. Needs two things: 1) undo button or shortcut; 2) double-click task to edit (otherwise you can't see the task notes/details). Great work!
- (2018-09-04) Onome P: I like the idea but can you add support for subtasks to appear underneath the main task and maybe appear differently (indented)? Can you add support for checkboxes too? Is it possible to create a board that shows multiple lists at the same time (in different columns), with their tasks and subtasks (including checkboxes) (like trello). This will really make Google tasks so much more worth it for me.
- (2018-04-10) David Austin: Whoa! There's the conventional 4 list Kanban for each to-do list, which is like ... meh ... but you can drag items from one to-do list to another! Mind blown. The only google tasks app that allows this. Also very difficult to delete actions (which was way too easy to accidentally do, and with NO undo button. Bad google.). Was about to pitch google tasks, but this makes it worth keeping.
- (2018-03-22) Gary Saucedo: See folks that wasn't so hard. Kanbanly is a simple kanban that fits the need perfectly.
- (2017-06-18) Miguel: I cannot use it! It has an API error when trying to create a task list.
- (2020-12-22, v:3.1.3) Stephen Lacey: Adding dates to tasks
I cannot add a date to a task in kanbanly. (this stopped working today) I cannot modify/delete a date in kanbanly (has never worked) I need to go to google tasks to add/modify/delete dates. Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong?
- (2020-12-08, v:3.1.3) Stephen Lacey: Kanbanly
Loving this system and wouldn't like to see it become too clever with useless bells and whistles. However, it would be a great addition if we could attach documents to a task. Keep up the great work.
- (2020-10-19, v:3.1.2) Susannah Medley: Requires I give access to my google account every time I use it.
Kanbanly originally required that I only occasionally give it permission to access my Google account. Now it asks every time I use it. Everytime i use Kanbanly I have to login to my google account again and again. It's getting inconvenient. What changed?
- (2020-08-27, v:3.1.2) Lowell Anthony Garcia: Time is appearing 5 hours advance in Kanbanly when I set the Date and Time Reminders on Google Tasks
Hi there, thank you very much for creating this program. This is such a great help because I've been looking for a great kanban board to organize my tasks, this one is the most effective so far that I've found and the good thing is that, it's free. But then, can you help me with this, because it seems the time is 5 hours advance in kanbanly when I set the date and time reminders on my google task, here's an example: google tasks: https://www.screencast.com/t/LQeApkigP kanbanly: https://www.screencast.com/t/Rlb7pWJ9G29
- (2020-07-22, v:3.1.2) Cherif Elassar: Collaboration
Is it possible to use Kanbanly with other team members and assign tasks to other people or see tasks from different team members in the same board/project?
- (2020-07-20, v:3.1.2) Dean Morrison: dark mode?
is dark mode support planned?
- (2020-06-22, v:3.1.1) Marco Marchi: Google calendar event synchronization
When I choose a date and a time, inside a task, in order to determine a deadline, it is transferred in Google Calendar (I can see it in Google Calendar) but like a remind, not like and event. And it is set for the whole day, instead for a specific day time. Can you feed me back, please? Thank you. Best regards Marco
- (2020-06-10, v:3.1.1) Erica Laborde: How do I begin using this extension?
I've installed the Kanban extension but keep getting "Tasks API call failed" as an error.
- (2020-06-05, v:3.1.1) Duc Le: Need to login every time open the tool
I really enjoy this tool. However, I need to login to my google account whenever using this tool (open browser, click the tool icon). Is there any way to save my account in the tool? Thanks,
- (2020-06-01, v:3.1.1) Zaheer Parker: Sub tasks
Hi. I am really enjoying this tool. I would like to know if there is way to view sub-tasks without having to go into each task.
- (2020-05-14, v:3.1.1) Joachim Schröder: Sorting by due date
Hi, I would like to propose the option to have a list filtered by due date.
- (2020-03-21, v:3.1.1) Buckauction White: Backlog info question?
data pull, where does the program pull its "backlog" from? I loaded it and tasks from 2012 popped up, I am unable to determine where this information pop came from. Thanks
- (2020-03-09, v:3.1.1) Jo Pedder: tasks disappearing when being moved between boards (Chrome)
Hi - when I drag and drop cards from one board to another, they don't appear in the new board. In google tasks, I can see they've moved lists and aren't lost. thanks.
- (2020-02-04, v:3.1.1) Seatchartmanager Departmental: create new board from scrath
Is there a way I can create a new board from scratch? For example, I am very much interested in the The Eisenhower Decision Matrix so I want to use this matrix across each task list; however, it seems like I need to always edit each existing board when I want to apply my own board. I would want to see my own customized board that would always appear, clickable, applicable whenever new task is created. Does this make sense?
- (2020-01-27, v:3.1.1) Robert Petitto: Reorder Task Lists
Right now, task lists are ordered alphabetically. Would love the ability to reorder.
- (2020-01-16, v:3.1.1) Harvey Andruss: When on Android?
It'd be nice if it integrated with Android. Any plans? Also, are the Notes field artifacts required?
- (2019-08-01, v:3.0.3) Rowmhar Lao: Repeated log in
always needs to login when i close chrome. i hope there would be an option to link it with whoever was signed in to chrome thanks!
- (2019-07-29, v:3.0.3) Hendrik Malgo: Existing Lists as Lists in one Board
Hi, I'd like to have my Google Tasks lists as lists in the same board. Currently every list has it's own board, which is not helping me. Can you help me? Thank you!
- (2019-06-17, v:2.6.0) Alex Kawabe: Limit in taks displayed
Hello, The tool is not showing all my tasks. Is there a limit of tasks that can be displayed. Thanks. and Great job
- (2019-06-04, v:2.6.0) Emily Frederickson: Authorization failing
Every time I try to set this up I get an error, "Tasks API call failed. Status code 401. See Console."
- (2019-04-21, v:2.6.0) Hal Macomber: Love Kanbanly
Excellent job making with visualizations. Love the collapsible columns. The interactions with Google Tasks is great. Five suggestions: 1. Add WIP limits within square brackets  that are configurable by column or collection of columns. Have the column(s) label turn orange when the items are one less than the limit. Have it turn red when the limit is met or exceeded. 2. Have a board be available to people who share the same Google calendar/tasks. 3. Red background for the due date when the work item is late is great. How about a warning color on within 24 hours of the due date or earlier. Making it configurable is all the better. 4. Have Google Tasks subtasks appear as checkbox items on the back of the card. Show an icon on the front of the card designating the presence of task list. 5. Have the four fields (priority, value, effort and tags) display on the card front based on configuration options. Well done!
- (2019-04-09, v:2.6.0) Aaron Beebe: Filter by color?
Is there a way to filter cards by color or tag?
- (2019-04-02, v:2.6.0) Assign tasks?
Hi team. First, thanks for a fantastic product. You're really thinking about G Suite the right way - I applaud your efforts. I wonder if you've found a way to assign tasks to other users. If it's not something native to Tasks, is there a connection to Drive that might be useful (perhaps by syncing tasks with comments so they're visible through the Drive search tool)? Or through Keep? I've been using your tags feature to keep my own list of who's been assigned what, but being able to show my team is another story. Any suggestions would be great.
- (2019-03-16, v:2.6.0) Slaven Gajovic: cant move tasks
Hi there thank you for the nice extension. Unfortunately, it does not work on my Chrome. - can move tasks. When I press (lift click) to move the task, no matter what I click (left or right click) the task "stays stuck" with the mouse and does not get released into other columns. Please advise on how to fix it. Best Regards, Slaven.
- (2019-02-11, v:2.6.0) David Eland: Kanban is empty
I restarted Chrome and my Kanbanly board is now empty. I've been using Kanbanly for months with many restarts and never seen this before.
- (2018-11-08, v:2.6.0) iOS
Any chance we can get an iOS app? :)