Drag scrollbar with your middle mouse button anywhere on the page. Supports also "grab and drag" style and Momentum.
NOTE: ScrollAnywhere doesn't work on THIS page (all extensions are disabled on "Chrome Web Store" page due to internal security) Scroll Anywhere enables you to drag scrollbar with your middle / right / left mouse button without touching a scrollbar. Just hold the middle button and move mouse up-down or left-right. You can also change the behavior to simple "grab and drag" style. Warning: very addictive! :) Features: - Momentum allows you to throw page to scroll it faster (just like on your phone) - Middle / Right / Left mouse buttons are supported, see the Options page - Customize scrollbars - make them thinner, change color or hide - Auto-disable on specified domains / sub-domains - Grab and drag scroll like on your phone - Multiplier to speed-up or slow down - On key down enable / disable - Custom scrolling cursor Video preview (0:12) here: https://youtu.be/VLv_wAfVO9A Contribution: - I'm full-time extension developer and your donations is my only income. There are no ads in my extensions! - Please support my work by: - Buy me a coffee - https://ko-fi.com/fastaddons - PayPal donation - https://paypal.me/fastaddons/8.88 - Become my Liberapay supporter! - https://liberapay.com/juraj.masiar/ - Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/fastaddons Thank you! :) Your donation will help me keep this extension working in future versions of Chrome! Known issues: - does not work on https://chrome.google.com/webstore/ (blocked by Chrome) - does not work on browser specific pages like "chrome://extensions" (blocked by Chrome) - does not work on other extensions pages like options page of some addon (blocked by Chrome) - in Linux right click (context menu) cannot be canceled so only middle button is working correctly Recently added features: - The list of changes in last versions is available here: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/scroll_anywhere/versions/
- (2021-08-25) If Else: I love it, I can smooth scroll while dragging with my middle click. Perfect.
- (2021-08-23) Thayakorn Rakwetpakorn: Really want this to work everywhere on my computer, say when viewing pdf file in the browser or other programs such as vscode etc.
- (2021-07-26) Lennyngrado Yo: Great add-on for browsing websites on Ubuntu that, for some reason, doesn't allow browsing with the middle button. I'd rate it 5 stars if you could toggle it on/off by tapping the wheel button (like you do on Windows) instead of having to keep the button pressed to perform the actions. Still, it's good enough.
- (2021-07-15) Eric Yun: Excellent. More than impressed.
- (2021-07-13) Kin: Excellent!
- (2021-07-02) Joshua Auerbach: Love it and why is this stuff not built into Chrome?
- (2021-06-29) Chong Zhen Jie: rendering have bug use higher GPU than normal scroll
- (2021-06-06) Sheri Mieduch: its not working the option menu is too much
- (2021-05-12) Juan Ignacio Planes: La única que me resolvió mi problema con no poder desactivar el botón del scroll, gracias por existir!
- (2021-04-17) Rafael Lontra: Does exactly what I need.
- (2021-04-10) Lucian Andries: It's almost perfect! For some reason my Mouse Wheel accelerates itself or whatever... Instead of scrolling 2 lines at a time, it's scrolling 4 lines....... Dunno why, but it's doing it randomly and very often. And hopefully this extension will force it to 1 speed.
- (2021-04-08) András Balkányi: This is the type of extension that once you set up and start using you can't live without it. I have been looking for and using extensions with similar functions for ages. One for scrolling and another one for page drag but none of them was good enough. (For me it was very important that I can choose the left mouse button for dragging-scrolling) Thank you!
- (2021-03-01) HighTemplarTreant: Works even better than the AHK script "Drag-to-scroll". I know this works only inside the browser, but helps me do my job. Thank you!
- (2021-03-01) Vadym Polishchuk: nice extension!
- (2021-02-16) Seth Townsend: Had to monkey with the settings a bit to get inertia to feel correct (I went with exponential deceleration and maximum weight to get it vaguely iPhone-like in feel) but the results are incredible. I don't understand why this feature isn't built-in for browsers, but this extension fixes the problem beautifully.
- (2020-12-24) gk: They said it's addicting. They were right. Very fast and responsive, along with ublock this is one of my must-have extensions. Thank you :)
- (2020-12-13) Lenard Lian: Great, better than any smooth scroll solution!
- (2020-11-05) TheOutThereChannel: atleast has whitelist better then most.. one problem Im finding if I choose right button .. paste option is dimmed on Gab and socials
- (2020-10-11) negro con bazuca: this is exactly what i was looking for
- (2020-09-10) Nev Delap: Thank you!
- (2020-07-06) Ruslan Kabatsayev: Indeed, very addictive. I really wish I could have a similar functionality in non-browser apps :) There's a problem though that this extension doesn't appear to work on Chrome Web Store, and also in Chrome's PDF viewer.
- (2020-07-05) Hao Lee: Hey, man. This is extremely awesome especially when you view a large image. I must admit I have been addicted. Thanks for making this plugin.
- (2020-06-27) ghqmehjr: 找好久..這類插件好少...這功能好齊太好用了
- (2020-06-23) Óscar: Could Google search result pages, or others blocked by browser, be whitelisted?
- (2020-04-11) 程旭原: 以前chrome还可以再flag那里设置scrollbar隐藏，现在不行了，还好有这个神插件在，再也不用忍受这难看的scrollbar了。
- (2020-04-03) Volodzc D: 很好用，支持一下
- (2020-02-03) Леонид Сергеев: Very GOOD!
- (2020-01-25) Andrew Tsaryk: good
- (2019-12-19) Igor T: Great addon, it helps a lot especially for Linux users where scrolling is a bit weird. UPD. it gets more and more usefull. great updates!
- (2019-12-06) Veronika Voss: http://www.podbbang.com/ch/12548 The button is not pressed and cannot be played.
- (2019-11-10) Asghan #: Thank you for making life easier :)
- (2019-09-15) Pz: doesnt work at all
- (2019-02-05) mertcan: perfect than you but need this also for windows
- (2019-01-03) Martin: Perfect! The middle/scroll button is broken on my mouse so it's actually perfect alternative for me - I don't need to buy a new mouse (I'm too lazy to do that). I also love how smoothly I can scroll through a website now!
- (2018-12-02) Kemo Sabe: we need left key to be able to scroll. am i missing something?
- (2018-11-20) 子非鱼: does not work on MAC OS, the latest Chrome
- (2018-06-07) Jacky Chen: Please support "Left Button" for scroll function as version of Firefox did.
- (2018-03-22) Summer Sanchinoz: Much better than getting a mouse that has the clutter that a side-scrolling mouse wheel would come with. Smooth scrolling and smooth sailing!
- (2017-09-29) Ramsey Khalaf: Excellent. I used to use Scrollbar Anywhere but I noticed that I really reduced using it as it wouldn't work at times and wasn't consistent as Duarte mentioned. I have been using your plugin on Firefox actually and when I saw your "About" page, I noticed that you offered it in Chrome. Tried it out and really like it! Great work :). You should improve it in Firefox though, it's lagging when scrolling in Firefox 56.
- (2017-08-13) Duarte Farrajota Ramos: This is fantastic! 'Ive been using Scrollbar Anywhere addon for a while now, and I just tried this for a few seconds now and it is soo much better First difference I noticed is it works a lot more consistently, be it over images, links, iframes etc won't stop it from working. Inertial scrolling is also very smooth and a joy to use. Very useful to quickly find something in long pages
- (2017-07-22) АликФильма: No choice with the left mouse button like in Firefox extension. Please add.
- (2021-04-10, v:8.7) Lucian Andries: Request?
Hello! 1.I see you set the scroll to the Middle button.......... Can you change it to the scroll Wheel? Or add a row just for the scroll Wheel. And add it three settings: disable acceleration, smoothing, and a scroll lock by X lines scrolled. 2.Add some settings for horizontal scrolling, tied to the Wheel's Tilt buttons. The only settings for this is a scroll speed and a smooth scrolling, for a more consistent scroll. Not just scroll in steps or jump directly to the end, if you know what I mean... Thank you!
- (2021-03-29, v:8.7) Oliver Pfeiffer: Found 3 bugs in this awesome addon
First of all, many thanks for your incredible addon, it is very addictive and I really love it. I think I have found three bugs that can be easily reproduced with a clean install in Chrome with most recent smartUp extension installed (as the only extension). 1. I enabled the simple drag feature for text, links and images. But if a link contains an image it is always handled as image but not as link (as intended). Unfortunately the appropriate setting „As an image, if the Link contains an image“ does not have any effect. 2. I give the permission to alter the clipboard and the mouse gesture to copy the current URL works fine but „Open URL in Clipboard“ does not work at all (does nothing). 3. If you enable rocker gestures as "Scroll Bottom" and "Scroll Top" and you perform a right-left rocker gesture, the context menu appears. Obviously this isn't intended. :-) I hope you can easily reproduce these three bugs. And finally I'm wondering how I can exclude some websites from this plugin? There are some website around that conflicts with gestures and these sites need to be excluded by a "black list". Thanks for the great work!
- (2020-12-29, v:8.6) pixelsculpt: Scrollanywhere and Group Speed Dial
Hi Juraj ! i love your addons !!! i want to ask you if you could please send me please your addon "Scrollanywhere and Group Speed Dial" version for chrome Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit) mac and win please ? i have macmini 10.7.5 to old and cant update anymore with a little luck it will work maybe. and for firefox v.48 mac/win also too please. if you dont mind. i searched everywhere but cant do find a download direct to my harddrive really really nowhere. sometimes it worked in the past to install. chrome denied always the install. thank you very much and have great day. best willie
- (2020-04-21, v:8.2.1) test tester: Issue with using this with virtual keyboard.
When I use a virtual keyboard to input text into html fields and have this extension set to left click mode, the letters will append to the front. It seems that the cursor on the text bar just resets itself to the leftmost position every time the mouse is moved. Is there an option I can set to fix this?
- (2020-03-30, v:8.2.1) Ramsey Khalaf: Not working on some pages
It's not working on certain pages and I am not sure why but it scrolls extremely slow. See here: https://www.bloggingthemestyles.com/
- (2019-11-20, v:8.0) Tom Marshall: No longer working
I am using Chrome 59.0.3071.86 because they never update my computer here at work. The extension quit working. It looks like it was updated Nov 15th. That update apparently broke compatibility with this version of Chrome. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and it still won't work.
- (2019-11-18, v:8.0) ivan petrov: Left button
Make the left mouse button turn on the extension with a delay of 1-3 seconds.
- (2019-11-09, v:7.3) 黑輪醬: Scroll slowly
The ScrollAnywhere scroll slowly on this page: https://tw.buy.yahoo.com/category/4386188 Please take a look, thank you.
- (2019-09-22, v:7.3) alex nixon: Can you disable scrolling when pressing a link?
Can you create option to disable scrolling when pressing a link (like a default middle mouse)? If I press a link and move mouse up, page will scroll up and link is not pressed.
- (2017-09-29, v:5.4) Ramsey Khalaf: Scrolling equal to scroll bar
I actually would love that feature as well. I used to use it in Firefox's Grab and Drag I think and it's awesome because its momentum changes based on the size of the page. If the page is very long, it is faster as it has to follow the scroll bar. If the page is short, it is slower. Can you do something like that :)?
- (2017-09-17, v:5.4) Alter: Scroll place equal right stripe
Hello! Great extension! Аsk you about the two requests, if you can, please. Add mode when place on screen where click be equal place in right scrollbar. For example, now if you go to middle of site and start scrolling it starts from middle, i want that it start from place where cursor be relative place of stripe in right scrollbar. And add possibility disable reset place of stripe in right sb when move cursor with stripe and go out right zone to middle of screen. Thanks.
- (2017-09-08, v:5.3) Interferes with Smooth Gestures Plus
Hey, just shot you a donation. Thanks for working on this problem. I have a gesture set in there that is HoldRMB+ScrollUp and it no longer works with this installed. I only have "Middle-Button" selected, so I don't think this extension should be interfering with the right mouse button at all. For reference, I was originally using HandTool with the same settings (middle-button) until it stopped working in Chrome 61 and it didn't interfere with anything else, so I believe it should be doable to have them work together.
- (2017-08-15, v:4.9) B Shepard: Left button
Hi, the tool works great, but I'd like to be able to use the left-button for scrolling (like grab and drag on firefox). Hopefully that is possible.
- (2017-07-22, v:4.6) АликФильма: Not enough options
No choice with the left mouse button like in Firefox extension. Please add.