Allows easy downloading of audio from linguee.com - a great multilingual online dictionary
Linguee is a great online multilingual dictionary that provides translations and native recordings of thousands of words across 25 different languages. With this extension turned on, when you visit linguee.com and click on any sound icon, that audio will automatically download to your computer. This functionality can be easily switched on and off from the menu button Source code available at: https://github.com/hankhester/linguee-audio-download
- (2021-06-14) Rj Greeno: I would give this a better rating as it will come in really handy when I learn a language like french or Italian. But for portugese it just does not work. No matter how many times i click to download the pronunciacion from Portugal it still downloads the Brazilian pronunciation.
- (2020-10-30) Colin Maher: This is a godsend for my German Anki deck. Thank you :)
- (2019-08-30) Gian: Super cool extention to make Anki cards. Thanks a lot! In english, some words cannot be downloaded. The download bar shows for example "dozy.htm Error - no file". It affects about 10% of the words i try to download and usually only the ones that are only available in british english. All the rest works perfectly fine.
- (2019-01-20) Paige C: Updated: Now it works! Exactly what I need, thanks for the extension! I just downloaded on chrome and nothing happens when I listen to an audio. It is in the "on" position. Please advise as it sounds like a fabulous extension and exactly what I need.
- (2018-09-14) Notr Zant: This is great, I'm very grateful to be able to have it for using with Anki, but it would be nice if there was an option to have the default set to "off." I listen more than I download, and there is no reason I would want to download a sound sample without hearing it first. So it would make more sense to be able to have the extension set "off" by default and then just get clicked "on" in the event I want to download an mp3. Thanks
- (2018-04-11) Richard Goddard: ********** Update - This issue has now been resolved 5 stars for the extension - it works perfectly and will save me a lot of time and hassle making flashcards for my language learning. 5 stars for Hank the developer - he fixed the issue very quickly and is incredibly friendly and helpful. ********** Hi Hank, Linguee often has two pronunciations for a word i.e. I click on the word to hear the audio and I have an option of either 'American English' or 'British English', and in my case 'Brazilian Portuguese' or 'European Portuguese'. It looks like the extension always downloads the first option on the list - i.e. I always get the 'Brazilian Portuguese' pronunciation sound file, even if I click on the 'European Portuguese' option. Otherwise, the extension is working and is a good idea. I would really appreciate some help with this issue. Many thanks, Richard
- (2018-02-18) métamec: Useful but a glaring security issue bothers me. This: 'read and change all your data on the websites your visit' should read: 'read and change all your data at www.linguee.com'. Uninstalled because I simply can't live with that.
- (2017-12-26) Dani Ohana: not working
- (2017-09-12) Annie D: It is really great and helped me a lot. Work perfectly for Macbook. Only for windows system it is a little unstable, sometimes doesn't work.