Bookmark the current page to Pinboard via a keyboard shortcut
This extension allows you to override the default Chrome keyboard shortcut for adding a bookmark to instead bookmark the current page to Pinboard. You may customize the keyboard shortcut by clicking "Keyboard Shortcuts" on the Chrome Extensions page (click the hamburger menu in the top left). https://github.com/bertrandom/pinboard-keyboard-shortcut By default, the keyboard shortcut after installation will be Alt-D. Chrome does not let the extension override the default Bookmark this Page shortcut at installation time. If you'd like to change it to Command-D (or another shortcut), go to: chrome://extensions/shortcuts and set it to Command-D instead of Alt-D. Version History ------------- v1.3 Change the default keyboard shortcut to Alt-D v1.2 Bug fixes v1.1 Added the ability to use the highlighted text as the description thanks to a pull request from Michael Josephson (https://github.com/mikej) v1.0 First release
- (2019-02-13) alvin c: So glad I managed to find this -- I previously tried to use all sorts of bookmark search extensions to trigger the Pinboard bookmarklet with a keyboard shortcut, but never found a good solution. This does exactly what I need and seems even faster than the official Pinboard bookmarklet itself.
- (2015-06-28) Sergey Kucherenko: waiting for a two years for such extension.
- (2015-02-23) Mm: works like a champ but i had to change the keybinding, the default didn't work for me. see the support tab for instructions
- (2014-10-30) Jennifer Boyce: I love this. It makes it so fast to save a new bookmark without interrupting the flow of browsing.
- (2014-07-03) Mygun payup: good
- (2013-11-25) Ricky Romero: Works as advertised! If you're trying to find the keyboard shortcut setting, it's in the Extensions management. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Keyboard shortcuts."
- (2015-02-12, v:1.2) Mm: chrome api changed
This extension no longer works as is because of some small changes to the chrome api. I submitted a patch today with the required changes. You can go to Bertrands github to see the pull request and make the changes yourself https://github.com/bertrandom/pinboard-keyboard-shortcut/pulls
- (2013-11-26, v:1.2) Tim Nunamaker: Doesn't work
When I hit Command-D, I get the usual bookmark dialog. The extensions manager in Chrome lists the plugin as installed and active. Is there anything else I can try?