This will check for unread messages when using the Outlook Web App and put the unread count in the Outlook Web App tab.
I found myself annoyed by the Outlook Web App because one has to actually click on the OWA tab to see if you have any messages. With this extension, one can work in other tabs and know if they have any messages waiting for them or not. This extension works with the OWA URL format https://*/owa/* Support the development of this extension via Bitcoin or Dogecoin (for transparency)! Bitcoin: 1DjZehKXGKAfecbcDYsjzT7pTmCXt5mFE1 Dogecoin: DPWbVMZespWTk9WVZQ8D5u25EPHvWiDrVn
- (2017-08-08) L Watts: Though there are no settings, works as advertised. Would like the icon color to be Red, or a full icon number to be very obvious that there is a new message in a tab that I otherwise never look at.
- (2016-09-27) Dmitry Titov: Good Idea, BUT: it works for Inbox folder only :(. If you are heavy email user, you obviously have many filers for different folders. Unfortunately useless for me...
- (2016-03-30) Garrett Perman: Does not work.
- (2015-08-25) Ryan Courtnage: As of Aug 25, 2015 this extension does not work.
- (2014-08-15) Gianmarco Nocera: The only app out of 5 that actually works.
- (2014-01-25) Works just as described. Thanks!
- (2013-12-02) Jake Trudell: Does what it needs to: Shows an unread count on your Chrome tab containing your OWA inbox. **HINT: If you have any tabs running OWA at time of installation of this extension, you'll need to close those tabs and reopen.
- (2017-09-06, v:1.2.3) Dylan Brownell: Nothing is happening
I installed the extension/added it to chrome. It looks like everything is set up as it is supposed to be, but nothing is happening. I have the Outlook Web App open and am checking email and there are no notifications. I closed and reopened the tab. I closed and reopened the browser.
- (2015-02-15, v:1.2.3) Jakob Rosenkrantz de Lasson: Size of "Unread number" on browser tab
Hello, I'm using the "UdvidelseDisplay Unread Count in Tab for OWA" add-on, and it correctly shows the number of unread e-mails in my OWA inbox. However, this number (which is currently 22) is very small - smaller than on the example shown on the overview page of the add-on - and in practice difficult to see unless one gets fairly close to the screen. Is this a bug, or can I change it to have the number show bigger? Thanks in advance for the help.