See how many unread messages are in your Inbox at the tab's icon.
## Usage Install the extension and access your Google Inbox account. It reads the Gmail Atom Feed every 30 seconds to get the unread messages count. ## CHANGELOG ## [0.1.5] - 2015-12-15 - Quick-bugfix: Hide badge when 0 unread messages (thx folks) ## [0.1.4] - 2015-07-23 - Bugfix: Fixed counter for more than 9 unread messages (thx Paulo Tavares) ## [0.1.3] - 2015-07-11 - Bugfix: Now works with multiple accounts (thx djalmaaraujo) ## TODO 1. Watch DOM changes to get rid of 30s loop? 2. Customize badge color? (useful when you work with more than one e-mail tab) 3. (...)
- (2019-03-07) Dan Mitchell: Just updated, and it now shows a phishing pop up when trying to log into email.
- (2018-03-06) Darren Z: Does exactly what it says on the tin. Well done.
- (2017-12-13) Esteban Yanson: no me anda
- (2017-05-30) Eduardo Molteni: Very good. Love it. Would like to be able to only see the *main* unread count (not from Updates, Social, etc), but this would required the DOM scanning.
- (2017-04-21) Eric Seastrand: Extension works like a charm. They should just build this functionality into Inbox.
- (2017-01-18) Tomas Zartman: Excellent functional extension. Thanks to the developer(s).
- (2016-10-05) Jason Curtis: Counts bundled/delayed e-mails, which obviates one of the main points of Inbox.
- (2016-08-29) Gustavo Boksar: It works, but when you have multiple accounts(tabbed) only show the unread count for one of them... This was a feature from goolge Labs for gmail! Why didn't they keep it for Inbox?!
- (2016-08-08) Max Sysoev: работает без нареканий
- (2016-03-12) James Daniels: Counts bundled/delayed emails, horrible
- (2016-03-03) Dan Weiswasser: So great. Exactly what I was looking for. Should be an option baked into Inbox. Thanks!
- (2016-01-13) Roman Kalugin: Постоянно просит при запуске авторизацию.
- (2016-01-04) Andrew Rogoff: This works perfectly for me.
- (2015-12-10) Works, great. Add the customization options and you're golden.
- (2015-12-09) If you want a favicon unread count, it would seem this is the only working solution at present. What's wrong with it right now? The badge doesn't disappear when there are no unread emails and the badge color isn't customizable. That said it does do its job and I'm hoping the developer adds a disappearing badge to the next release because it's really distracting as it is.
- (2015-10-21) Mike Wells: Does what it says it does, but I wish it were slight customizable, like changing the red color of the background for the number to something else.
- (2015-09-15) Does exactly what it says. Thanks!
- (2015-08-05) Kevin Middelbos: Works as expected, so far. Thanks!
- (2015-07-15) Nic Fletcher: IT works perfectly for the TOTAL unread count in my Gmail (Apps for Business) account. BUT, the whole point of Inbox by Gmail, is that certain emails are bundled and will only appear at certain times (if you chose that option). So, the mails I want, but only want to focus on once a day, only appear in my inbox in the morning. Perfect. But this counter doesn't see the difference (and maybe the Google API doesn't allow them to). A shame, because it works on my iPhone. I.e., the count is only the emails that are not bundled or are in bundles that are delivered immediately. If you don't use the bundles to only appear once a day, then this extension is perfect!
- (2015-07-08) Djalma Araujo: It's not working. I have unread messages. http://d.pr/i/adJF
- (2015-06-01) Working as expected and as needed. Many thanks!
- (2020-10-23, v:0.1.5) Owyn: Can we have a userscript version? I need it for my firefox
Can we have a userscript version? I need it for my firefox
- (2019-08-27, v:0.1.5) Sherryjane Cooke: My g-mail connection
How do I find my g-mail account and the messages to it?
- (2017-12-02, v:0.1.5) Firefox compatibility
Hello, dear sir, I've ported this addon to Firefox Quantum for my personal use. I was wondering if you could do it officially, or if I can publish it on addons.firefox myself
- (2017-02-26, v:0.1.5) Gabriel Forgie: Authentication required
I reinstalled windows and now get this popup on my inbox pages whenever this extension is enabled.
- (2017-01-09, v:0.1.5) Matthew Jones: Counts 'hidden' bundled items
This includes 'hidden' bundled items. I have my bulk email hidden and it only shows once a day. Showing these bundled items makes it appear to not be working since my inbox will be empty, but the number will still be there. I have to go and manually unhide and delete items to clear the notification. Obviously, this completely goes against what inbox is all about and make this addon kinda pointless. Anyway you can only show visible items?
- (2016-03-28, v:0.1.5) Authentication required
Inbox is constantly prompting me for a username and password when this extension is enabled. Worked fine for months, then changing a password on one of my google accounts caused this behavior. Screenshot http://i.imgur.com/U1G14qg.png
- (2015-12-09, v:0.1.4) Zero count, hide badge?
Would it be possible to hide the badge when there are no unread messages in the inbox? I don't mind the red badge, it's highly visible, but I don't want a RED ALERT telling me that nothing is unread. Can't it just show the regular favicon when there are no unread messages?
- (2015-11-23, v:0.1.4) Johnny Spangler: authentication required
When this extension is enabled I get an error telling me: Authentication Required The server mail.google.com:443 requires a username and password. This keeps popping up and putting in my credentials does not fix it. Seems that others have had this problem and found that favicon unread count extensions are at the center of the problem. https://goo.gl/SlUbip Any advice for fixing this? I would love to use this extension
- (2015-10-27, v:0.1.4) Emmanuel Fan: Exclude snoozed in unread count
Is there a way to exclude snoozed messages from the unread count? For instances, messages that are filtered to Low Priority are automatically snoozed until the next morning. So I would prefer not to have those snoozed messages counted as unread. Otherwise, defeats the purpose of the filter and the snooze.
- (2015-07-23, v:0.1.3) Paulo Tavares: Doesn't work for more than 9 emails
Hi, and first of all, thanks for the great job putting this together! I noticed that this crashes when there are more than 9 emails on the inbox. The Regexp you're using states request.responseText.match(/<fullcount>(\d)<\/fullcount>/) but since there's more than a single digit there, it'll crash. I suspect that if you replace it for request.responseText.match(/<fullcount>(\d+)<\/fullcount>/) That it'll work well - don't know about rendering the number, though, but that's a second thing. :) Cheers, and thank you!
- (2015-07-07, v:0.1.2) Andrej Hubinský: Zero Unread
Hello, I really like your simple and reliable extension. It would be great if in case of zero unread mails the red counter completely disappeared. That way a new mail would be recognizable without reading - just by glance. Please, consider adding this feature as an option in settings.