Pause YouTube player when page is hidden and resume when it is active again
This extension does not add any UI element and uses no resource at all. Only on YouTube pages, a very tiny script is injected which controls the player's playing status based on document visibility status. When a YouTube tab is brought to the front, the player automatically resumes exactly like pressing the play button and when the document is hidden, the player will automatically pause exactly like when the pause button is pressed. For FAQs and other useful YouTube enhancer extensions please visit: http://add0n.com/youtube-tools.html?from=auto-pause Change Log: 0.1.1: It is possible to disable and re-enable the extension from the toolbar button. This is useful when you want to listen to YouTube videos in a background tab.
- (2021-08-12) רפאל rafhi: I definitely liked this plugin, but I want to suggest an improvement, The problem is, when the video is finished, and I browse the comments, many times the comments make me switch to other tabs, and then when I return, the plugin plays the video from the beginning, and it removes the red check mark, that I have already watched this video, and may create confusion in the future whether I have already watched this video or not
- (2021-07-12) Luca: it's ok
- (2020-10-14) Nikolay Nikolov: It works and does exactly what it says! I'd use this now instead of other similar, because it have easy on/off switch on a button.
- (2020-02-29) Charith Gangoda: f no absolutely useless
- (2019-05-31) Cozy Coat: f no absolutely useless
- (2019-05-09) Stefane Guevremont: This Extension works like a charm. I especially love the fact that it pauses only when switching between tabs of the same Chrome window. I often type or work in a separate window and can still have a youtube video play in another. I would suggest an improvement. I personally like the auto-pause, I sometimes find the auto-resume to be bothersome. It would be useful to have an option to select which ones you choose to activate. That would make this Extension even better.
- (2018-12-09) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche pas
- (2018-11-29) François: C'est parfaitement ce que je recherchais ; je peux uniquement me focaliser sur un seul onglet YouTube et sans y être ! Il suffit d'épingler l'onglet qu'on veut garder actif et le tour est joué !
- (2018-10-14) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Autopause does work when switching to another tab, but when switching back, the video is still paused instead of playing again / continuing with the video playback.
- (2018-07-20) d0x360: finally a plugin that actually works on youtube again in regards to pausing and playing when switching tabs. The low number of downloads and reviews always make me wary but looking at the contents of the plugin itself I dont see anything malicious unlike some other similar youtube plugins that dont even work. So thank you dev, it is much appreciated.
- (2018-07-01) Мастер Дарий: Not work :disable and re-enable the extension from the toolbar button.
- (2018-03-12) Jaun Mauro Fernandez: Does the job