Hide page images
Articles with images get better engagement and time on page. Publishers know this. However, sometimes you -- the reader -- need information about a subject and don't WANT to see any images. That's where Hide images with NOPE. comes in. + Deathly afraid of bugs and could REALLY do without seeing pictures of them when looking for exterminator services online? + Want to hate-read about a particular celebrity, but can't stand to see their image splashed alongside the text? + Looking to be an informed citizen, but can't stomach seeing X politician on the page? We gotchu. With NOPE. you can conveniently block out images. Download the extension, click on the icon and choose "Hide." Change your mind? You can easily toggle back to "Show." Download Hide images with NOPE., the FREE image blocker, today! Update (9/2018): The extension now covers most advertising images and videos. P.S. You might have to wait for the website to finish loading and/or then refresh the page before the extension begins working.
- (2021-05-26) Tobias: Great add! Thanks for this.
- (2019-04-10) Clint Buhs: More or less just what I was after. I wanted to read articles at work without giving shoulder-surfers the impression that I was goofing off. This does that, but the placeholder isn't ideal. It likely raises eyebrows itself. Please give me the option to eliminate the giant NOPE text and maybe select a background color and it would be stars all the way down.
- (2017-04-25) J R: You have to manually click on the Nope icon after a page has already loaded before it will block the images. Would prefer an option that does it automatically and only requires action when you want to see the images.
- (2017-01-16) Ryan Robinson: Ha, this is amazing. My favorite use: Reading my news without seeing a certain orange-tanned face pop up in the header image for every other article. It's that little dose of happiness that makes my day that much better.
- (2017-01-14) Kathleen Garvin: I love this Chrome extension! It does exactly what it promises: hides offensive images.