Manage your downloads from Chrome's toolbar like you would do with Firefox.
Material Downloads is an open source extension for Google Chrome which adds a download manager to the toolbar and disables the download shelf. Downloads then are sent to the toolbar instead of to the shelf like they would in Firefox Quantum. Material Downloads uses a Material Theme with some customization options to make it look and feel like Chrome. The source code is available on GitHub: https://github.com/marvinpeter/MaterialDownloads Changelog 1.0 - Initial release 1.1 - Fixed an error where invalid items would show in the downloads list - Added drag and drop support from the downloads list - Added support for potentially dangerous files (you can now download jar files) - Added the ability to remove individual files from the downloads list 1.1.1 - Downloads list now shows the Exe-Icon instead of placeholder once it is available 2.0.0 - Renamed Fire Downloads to Material Downloads - Switched to the Material Design language, to make the extension look and feel like Chrome - Added option to open the downloads folder from within the extension 3.0.0 - Rewritten using Redux and Recompose - Removed clear on startup - Made context menus smaller, so they do not scroll 3.0.1 - Updated packages - Fixed edges for Chrome 74+ and Edge Preview 3.1.0 - Fixed options - Added option to show download time
- (2020-03-31) Anonymouz00: Doesn't work at all. The button in the toolbar highlights after being pressed, and that's it. Probably tries to show my extensive list of hundreds of downloaded files and fails. Limiting the list to last 10 files should help. Extension looks nice in theory, so I'll keep a track of it and change the review after this issue is fixed.
- (2020-03-10) Chance Chandler: Finally! A download manager replacement with a Dark Mode! Best on the Site!
- (2020-02-09) Marco Ak: Great extension. I hope dev will add more languages and more colour options.
- (2019-08-09) Oleg Shu: Добавьте перевод GUI. Самый нормально работающий Download Manager в настоящее время.
- (2019-05-08) Paul C: I'm using it with vivaldi browser and it is awesome. Now i can have all my downloads right behind the button, without using panel. Thanks!
- (2019-05-08) Неотвратимое Возмездие: Add option "Remove from disk"
- (2019-04-18) Francis Larouche: Looks okay but takes over 5 seconds to show.
- (2019-03-27) Vladimir Monastyrev: Please add possibility to translate GUI
- (2019-03-22) Igor Kozarchuk: Clean design. I'd like to have an option for icon to turn green (for example) when download is finished.
- (2019-02-17) Stan Lee: After Chrono's developers destroyed (ruined) their extension, I began to look for a new extension for downloading files. Material Downloads - Download Manager is now the best file extension for me! Thanks you!
- (2018-11-08) V Che: That was the thing I was searching for! Many thanks for your extention, dear developer. I will stay on it, coz its minimalistic and has exactly functional I need. Will wait for new updates, I hope you will fix Colorful and App bar checkboxes (is didnt work right now). And there is any way to disable white border on dark theme?
- (2018-10-31) I'm liking this clean Download manager extension the most out of what I've seen so far. There are a few issues I'm having with it though - mostly with the Options. I am using Chrome v70 on Windows and Icon theme, Theme, Use app bar, and Colorful options do not stick - If I try many times I can get the Icon Them, and Theme to stick, but I have yet to see the Use App Bar or Colorful options toggles to stick. I'm not even sure what they do if they did work. A few suggestions: An option to change the title bar where it says "Downloads" to a different color other than default blue, and an option to have a little visual indicator over the main arrow icon that gives the user a clue at current status (download completed or download in progress basically) - even if only a colored dot that pulsates or something that appears next to the arrow. Otherwise, very good job!
- (2018-07-24) Steven Parker: I really like this extension, however it causes a sort of double consent issue where I am forced to click KEEP or DISCARD in the extension, and then again with Chrome's own popup dialog. I hate this thing with a passion and I wish I could disable it altogether, but we live in a world where people can't think for themselves and everything must be dumbed down incase someone is offended. Other than that, this is the best download manager extension for Chrome that I have stumbled across!
- (2018-03-30) Sam Cobb: I don't know whether it was supposed to help open jar files or not, but in that case, it didn't work for me. I really don't want to sound rude but maybe that could change or maybe a tutorial?
- (2018-03-02) Moo Scree: Surprising this hasn't been picked up more! It's pretty much the best clean replacement for the ad-showing "Downloads - Your Download Box" extension. Just enough features to keep it lean and mean. But a command to remove individual entries from the list would be nice. There is a minor bug, a lot of broken-icon with no filename "retry download" entries are peppered throughout the list.
- (2020-04-02, v:3.1.0) dimster: Chrome downloads bar.
Plaese add option to enable default Chrome downloads bar.
- (2020-03-21, v:3.1.0) Luke Eros: automatic dark mode
would be great if dark mode would be switched automatically depending on chrome dark mode
- (2019-05-08, v:3.0.1) Неотвратимое Возмездие: Additional funtional
Add option "Remove downloaded file from disk"
- (2019-04-24, v:3.0.1) Besart Bossi: Download Speed limiter
Hi my idea would be if you had such a download speed limiter be able to program