Extend the possibilities of YouTube with note-taking, pins, and timestamps.
Take notes directly on YouTube. While watching a YouTube video, you will see a new widget on the right side. Take notes or pin moments you want to view later. Click on the timestamp of a pin or note to jump right back to the place in the video you took it at. Tag your notes just by typing a hashtag (e.g. #design). Go to app.getrocketnote.com (or click "view all") to view a dashboard for all the notes you've ever taken and sort/filter through them all. Send us feedback directly in the widget by typing a note with the tag "#feedback" in it and clicking "Submit Feedback." Highlight words on any YouTube video's page (comments, keywords, description, video name, etc.) and click the pin in the toolbar that pops up. This will save a note directly with your highlighted text. Any and all feedback is welcome, and we will work our hardest to quickly improve Rocket Note for you. Thank you for using Rocket Note! --- CHANGELOG: - 2.3.7: Improved notes loading. Fixed issue some had with HTML in their notes. - 2.3.6: Single login/signup. You'll be able to log in or sign up in the extension or the web app, and you'll be logged in on both platforms. - 2.3.5: For some people, they were unable to take notes without reloading. - 2.3.4: Solved issues with signup and login. Added an actual form to the widget if you're logged out for signup and login. Take YouTube notes immediately after. - 2.3.3: Fixed small problems with new Google updates. - 2.3.2: Fixed issues with keyboard shortcuts. Fixed missing pin functionality. - 2.3.1: Fixed styling not loading issue. - 2.3.0: View an on-hover custom video screenshot on timestamps. Rewrote the entire extension in ReactJS. - 2.2.2: Updated to work with Rocket Note 2.0's API. Folders, sharing, and teams coming soon. Beta dashboard at https://app.getrocketnote.com - 2.2.1: Fixed various bugs and YouTube shortcut issues that bubbled up. Toned down widget shadows to feel even more native to YouTube. - 2.2.0: Added custom screenshots for each note by timestamp. Default export as txt to be by video if no notes are selected. - 2.1.2: Added "Sort by timestamp/latest" toggle item to the bulk menu in the YouTube notes widget. Fixed scrolling to new note when added to widget. - 2.1.1: Added form validation to login and signup in both the popup and website. Added password reset form on website. - 2.1.0: Added bulk delete and bulk .txt export to a bulk menu in YouTube notes widget. Added "select" option for bulk actions. Fixed logging in so it consistently works across website and extension. - 2.0.0: Rebuilt everything from the ground up, making all features and the Rocket Note API more reliable. Updated YouTube notes widget UI. Prepared everything for faster updates in the future.
- (2021-09-29) Luis Contreras Guerra: bad, I found lunanotes that it's better and free!
- (2021-09-29) Luis Contreras: It's ok but also I tested Lunanotes and it's better only regarding interface...
- (2021-07-27) Franco: i've paid and this don't realize the pay but surprise after this thing facture to me in my bank three times the cost of the app, now i want a refund and nothing paddle, rocket notes didn't answer the worst is that paddle the payment plattform made me cancel the subscription and now i don't have anything I paid three years and I have nothing
- (2021-04-23) Grayson gdl: Only lets you use it for 30 days before you have to pay MONTHLY just to use it.
- (2021-04-16) Huh What: I've paid money for their services, and have reached out to their support. Their FAQ states "We don't just claim to have amazing customer service. Put us to the test by starting a chat (bottom-right) with a member of our support staff!". I put it to the test and haven't had a response in a week, I'd like the $12 dollars back since this is completely unusable, and your support is apparently non-existent.
- (2021-02-22) overAbstracted: ▸ Hidden costs ▸ Notes not overlaid on video.
- (2021-01-16) Chan Wei Hong: cannot function
- (2020-12-18) Junghyun Park: Not bad, but I think Slid extension is the best for youtube note-taking purpose. Go take a look.
- (2020-12-17) Slim H K: Like this extension. Better design than Reclipper. I use it with LINER and I recommend the developper to do a similar Android app as them (based on sharing from YouTube). PS: an integration with google drive and latex support (with mathml) would be amazing
- (2020-11-10) Karim_1: bad
- (2020-08-10) Jake Orthwein: Terrific customer support and wonderful extension!!
- (2020-07-14) Suyog Chandramouli: I like this a lot when it works. However the input box often fails to show up.
- (2019-12-16) Russ Tanner: I've been using this extension for about 5 minutes. I already love it! I can see myself using this all the time. The only thing I'm concerned about is backing up my notes. What if the company disappears? What happens to my notes? I would love some sort of automatic backup feature that takes all of the notes and backs them up to Evernote, Google Drive, and/or Dropbox (maybe a separate file/doc for each video).
- (2019-09-16) Torgrim Sandvoll: Too limited and basic. - Only 255 characters per note. - No way to export the notes (to other apps or Evernote or flashcards or mindmapping app or whatever).
- (2018-12-07) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2018-11-28) SOLVEALLPROBLEMS: would be helpful / useful if we dont have to login
- (2018-06-28) Gersivan Oliveira: Excelente! Muito very good de bom.
- (2018-03-17) Kaash Verma: When I was having issues he developers helped me out until they could find a solution. Other than that slight issue every thing was great and helpful
- (2018-03-08) Cassidy McCaffree: I use YouTube for all of my household/ mommy DIY needs and this has really come in handy when I need to skip back and forth between steps on the video. It made it so much easier to just label the time stamps instead of having to scroll through the video and find the right place. I love it. Its totally necessary.
- (2018-03-07) Mitchell Sotto: This is so useful for my coding videos! I can literally go back to any spot that stuck out to me or that I want to review later. Love this app.
- (2020-09-22, v:2.3.7) Dax Patel: timestamps
The time stamps point to the time when the I press ENTER after I am done writing the note. As far as I remember when I initially used the extension few months ago, the time stamps would register the time when I START typing a note. I think the latter is more desirable personally because it may take a few seconds to finish up the note but by that time the video has proceeded to an unrelated topic (more so when I am watching the video at an accelerated speed) that is not related to the note just taken. Other users may have different preferences maybe that's why this was changed? perhaps it would be nice to have a choice to toggle the default timestamp behavior P.S great extension!
- (2020-07-16, v:2.3.0) Mike Bruzenak: Intermittently rocket doesn't show up in chrome
It in my extension bar but all I get is the chat on youtube. This is a really great app but this little issue is killing me.
- (2020-07-14, v:2.2.2) Suyog Chandramouli: Input box fails to show up
Hi, I love your extension. But I don't know why the sidebar & input box doesn't always show up on my browser when I open a Youtube video. I disabled adblockers and pop-up blockers and restarted chrome but to no avail. However, the sidebar and input box did show up once which was when I took a bunch of notes.
- (2019-04-08, v:0.3.2) sien jong: Can't log in
I can't log in to my account
- (2019-01-01, v:0.3.2) Sorin Albu: It's not working
When I press "i" it dosen't appear a thing. I would buy the pro version, because the lite one is useless. And I want to know if I make note on a video, would appear the note when I return to the same page?
- (2018-06-28, v:0.2.8) Gersivan Oliveira: Export
export to web or pdf format with the time links