Do not disturb for Gmail. A distraction free inbox.
Do Not Disturb for Gmail. Keep your inbox empty and you distraction free. The better, dedicated do not disturb tool for Gmail. The fastest and easiest way to put do not disturb on your Gmail. DNDEmail keeps your Gmail inbox empty until you actively fetch your messages. Set an automated schedule or turn it on and off manually. Why is this better than just signing out of Gmail? 1. Keeps your inbox empty on ALL of your devices. 2. Deliver messages to your inbox on a schedule or with the push of a button. 3. No Gmail notifications (when turned on). 4. You can still visit Gmail to search your messages or compose new messages without seeing new messages. DNDEmail is the full featured do not disturb for Gmail that has more features than any competitor: * Whitelist senders and labels to always receive important messages. * Hides messages in your Inbox and optionally, messages in your labels/folders. * Works on all your devices and computers. * Access in your Gmail, on the web or on your mobile device. * 5 star extension with great reviews! * Safe -- requires minimum permissions. * Lots of features, options and updates. * Actively developed, new features published all the time. * Full featured free service. * Quick response support. * Click website or visit dndemail.com for more info. * Option to run different schedules on different days of the week * Whitelist a sender or an entire label. * Turn on/off on demand or on a pre-set schedule * Simple to use * An essential tool for batch processing or the Pomodoro method Hold your incoming email so it doesn’t hit your Gmail inbox. Then deliver your email at predefined times. Set a flexible schedule. For example, hold your works emails that arrive on Saturday and Sunday until Monday morning. Deliver your email in real-time in the mornings but hold it all afternoon. Whitelist important senders and labels so those emails are never held. Plus fully mobile enabled… access all the features in Gmail, on your desktop or on your mobile device through our website, chrome extension, and mobile apps. We never read or store your email outside of your Gmail box. Your email remains secure and inside Gmail at all times. Set different schedules for different accounts. For example, pause your work email after business hours, while keeping your personal email flowing. Using Do Not Disturb (or DND) is an excellent way to keep focused and keep your productivity high. How is this extension different from the Boomerang/Inbox Pause extension? This extension has advanced features that allows you to setup whitelists for specific senders or labels. It also supports advanced schedules such as different rules by day of the week or time of day. Finally, we do not spam your contacts - even on the free version. Works even if you have multiple Gmail accounts open in multiple tabs or windows. ------------- Latest changes 1.9.5 - bug fix fetch button 1.9.4 - even more bug fixes related to new gmail ui 1.9.3 - bug fix for attaching on/off button to proper id 1.9.2 - improved support for multiple accounts open in multiple tabs. 1.9.1 - better storage.sync process for local variables 1.9.0 - one more hotfix 1.8.9 - hotfix for 1.8.8 bug 1.8.8 - fix for faulty ask for review popup 1.8.7 - support for label do not disturb -- new messages now hidden from labels in addition to inbox 1.8.6 - bug fixes 1.8.5 - fix for on/off button in new gmail ui 1.8.4 - remapped browser action button to app.dndemail.com - added 'advanced' setting button to dnd on bar - changed color of turn dnd on button - made dnd on bar smaller - redirect uninstall to /uninstall 1.8.3 - fixed: gmail not reloading after FETCH 1.8.2 - new gmail ui: collapsable button 1.8.1 - bug fix 1.8 - support for new gmail ui - upgrade to latest jquery.3.3.1.min - migrate to inboxsdk.js v.1.7 - improved advanced schedules - ask for reviews - bug fixes v.1.6.14 - advanced schedules - subscriptions. v.1.6.13 - misc bug fixes. v1.6.12 - more reliable user setup v.1.6.11 - update to gmail div v.1.6.10 - added utm to login url v.1.6.9 - eliminated need for tabs permission v.1.6.8 - restricted permissions to mail.google.com v.1.6.7 - new div for email v1.6.6: - bug fix for timezones v1.6.5: - improved new user flow v1.6.4: - more reliable email discovery v1.6.3: - bug fix: new user signup v1.6.2: - bug fix related to email address v1.6.1: - bug fix related to gmail css v1.6: - UX improvements - reload after first install v1.5: - bug fix: On/Off button no longer disappears when switching labels - moved button to left menu -------------
- (2021-01-22) Kishmat Industries: Not Happy
- (2020-02-03) Alex Makhanko: Just installed the DND for Gmail and the first impression is excellent. I previously tried Inbox when read and Boomerang and they didn't quite work for me. There is finally an app that does exactly what the name suggest. It looks like the developer really put good thought into the features - it's simple but has all the necessary configurations like the scheduled deliveries and white list for my manager's emails. Hopefully Google will not kill this.
- (2020-01-26) Scott Hoppe: Used to tame my inbox, finally!
- (2019-12-19) Garin Hess: I LOVE this tool. I have such a bad habit of checking my email too often and this really helps me "create my bunker" (read The ONE Thing) more effectively. The thing I love the most is I can still send out emails but won't see any new ones until I'm finished with my focus time (power hour).
- (2019-12-09) Lila Smith: I really appreciate having batch delivery of emails. This extension works extremely well and keeps my focus. Update: I stopped using this extension for about three months---big mistake. Now have 300+ unread emails.
- (2019-12-05) Mark Bradle: Brilliant app! Keeps Gmail from pinging during the night and waking me up. No need to put my phone on silent! Love it!
- (2019-11-28) Rachel Swan: Works exactly as advertised. A great utility for better productivity!
- (2019-09-18) Rex Galbraith: More discipline and more in control. I tell everyone about this simple extension. I love it!
- (2019-06-06) Ryan Farley: I was skeptical that having the "Fetch Mail" would be too easy of a workaround, but I almost never use it. I really appreciate the slower pace of my inbox now :)
- (2019-06-02) Kate Downey: Love it! My work habits have changed SO much and I feel actually in control of my attention.
- (2019-05-05) John Gay: This tool has cured my obsessive email checking. I read email 10x per week now, zero times on weekends. It works.
- (2019-03-25) Niall Fennell: Literally reduces my stress levels immediately!
- (2019-03-10) Life changer
- (2019-02-13) Dominic Roser: Very good
- (2019-02-09) Robin Marlow: Brilliant tool for avoiding distraction and maintaining productivity.
- (2018-12-12) martyn gale: puts me back in control of my email. no more work emails after I finish work!
- (2018-11-06) Heather Alvis: I found DND Email when I was looking for strategies to be more productive. I work from home so there are many distractions coming out of random emails that needed to be tamed. I set this up quickly and was able to restrict mail from outside my company to certain times of the day. Now I make sure to get work emails, but the personal stuff waits until lunch or the afternoon. My most productive time of day is spend on my #1 priorities thanks to this program. Very helpful!
- (2018-11-06) John Warrick: DND is AWESOME!!! I have the tendency to hover over my email while at work, but with DND i can "block" email from hitting my inbox until I want it to. This is great for going on vacation as well, you can can still have you "out of office" set and function as intended, but DND "blocks" it from hitting your inbox, so if you're like me, always checking your email, you can enjoy your vacation with a "clean" inbox! DND is just what I need, thank you!!!
- (2018-09-28) Charles Branstool: I like having the control to turn off the noise.
- (2018-09-28) Charles Branstool: Nice way to remove constant distractions and stay focused to productivity.
- (2018-09-27) Jon Martin: This app is exactly what I was looking for: a way to decide what times of the day my inbox is allow to be a distraction. Customer support is great - I had an issue (my fault) getting it going at first and they were really helpful and fast.
- (2018-09-27) Eric Killian: Finally, the solution I've needed to manage my time and to batch email! I've searched over and over for solutions and used other apps but none work as perfectly as DND for gmail. Check this out if you feel like you're always playing whack-a-mole with your emails, compulsively check, or just need a few quiet hours during the day to silence the email onslaught.
- (2018-09-27) Claude Corson: Seems to doing exactly what i need it to do, that is not being disturbed before six o' clock in the morning by unnecessary emails.
- (2018-09-26) Matthew Waterfall: Great app for email control. Reliable and easy to use.
- (2018-09-26) Jacob Dijkstra: This extension is awesome! after using it for the first time I ran into sum bugs. I just emailed Micheal and he responded within a need. within a few days he made updates to the extension which fixed the bugs perfectly! I used Boomerang before but DNDEmail works better for me! I will definitely recommend this extension to everyone willing to listen. Just look at my instagram story about productivity. https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17953707454038349/
- (2018-09-26) Tom Slovenski: DND for Gmail is a God send! I use it everyday to help me get some peace and quiet in my life as a small business owner. Excellent product and highly recommend it! A+++
- (2018-09-26) Jami Shlensky: This has been an AMAZING way for me to keep a work/life balance. I am not focused on checking my emails because I do not receive notifications! Thank you for this life changing extension!
- (2018-09-26) Federico Navarro: Great up for focusin on work
- (2018-09-15) Denzel Hankinson: Does what Gmail really should do, but for some reason doesn't. Excellent tool for sanity and productivity.
- (2018-08-15) David Ball: Really, really great. Simple, works, free, and it has made a world of difference in the way I work. Now I get to control my email; my email doesn't control me.
- (2020-08-03, v:1.9.5) Eric Killian: DND not google verified
Please see the reviews/comments on the app. It's no longer verified by google and we can no longer use the app. Can you please update/fix it? We use and love this app.
- (2020-07-03, v:1.9.5) David Clarke: DNDEmail is now closed...?
Is the app no more? Stopped working and would not allow a Google sign-in when I changed password, then navigation to the site says it is now closed... Can anyone shed any light on this?
- (2020-06-23, v:1.9.5) Ajesh G.S: Error using app to Sign in to Google
Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in.
- (2020-06-19, v:1.9.5) Emerson Wan: Unable to log in
I'm also getting an error when signing in to DND. It says This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In. When will you fix this?
- (2020-06-09, v:1.9.5) Scott Pressimone: Unable to log in
After updating my Google password, I'm getting an error when signing in to DND. The oauth says that the app needs to be verified.
- (2020-05-29, v:1.9.5) Josh Westall: 'Sign in with Google temporariliy disabled for this app'
Hey guys, eager to try your app but getting the following error message when trying to sign-in... "Sign in with Google temporariliy disabled for this app This app has not yet been verified by Google in order to use Google Sign in."
- (2019-09-19, v:1.9.5) Jean Carlos S. R. de Andrade: Problemas no meu gmail após a exclusão da extensão
Todos os dias é criado um um novo marcador DND inbox e DND e é feito um filtro de tirar da minha caixa de entrada e além disso... Dar como lido. Gostaria de saber como faço para retirar isso!!! Está acabando com minha produtividade e meu trabalha!
- (2019-03-27, v:1.9.5) Trademarkings Co: Emails sitting in "Important" folder and not going back to Inbox
Hello, I installed your plugin and it worked well. However, I decided it was not the solution for me and my workflow. So I think I uninstalled it. Now, all my emails are bypassing my inbox and going directly to an "Important" folder in Gmail. How do I undo this? Looking forward to your urgent response. Kind regards Daniel
- (2018-08-30, v:1.9.1) Sai Zhou: DND extension & filters
Hi, First of all thanks for developing this extension, which really boosts my productivity. I have a quick question here: before using DND I created filters so that emails with certain key words in the title are marked as read. It seems that at DND fetch time all of those emails arrive shown as unread. I wonder if there is anything I can do to keep my previous filters working? Thanks, Sai