Reclaim your online life
This suite of simple tools enables you to use internet more consciously, by letting you: - increase intentionality when using social media - moderate your shopping, intake of news, and time spent looking at the screen - track your mood while online
- (2018-11-05) JiaMei Huang: This extension has definitely shaped my experience with the internet in a much more positive way. I feel I have more control of what I want to see on the internet and how I spend my time. I especially appreciate how it has shaped my experience with YouTube and Facebook. Before, whenever I had a free moment or come across an aspect of my work that I wanted to procrastinate on, I would automatically go on YouTube or Facebook. Then, I would be bombarded with many videos or posts and I would find myself spending too much time looking at them. Before I know it, I would be sucked into a monster-like cycle of watching video after video, feeding my procrastination. I still have the bad habit of going to these sites whenever I want to procrastinate but because I'm forced to type something into the search bar if I want to see a video, it gives me a moment to pause and reconsider the real purpose of going to these sites. I definitely recommend this extension if you have a similar habit.
- (2018-04-01) Catriona Thomson: I especially love the Youtube magic feature, unique and incredibly useful; I'm very prone to being distracted by related videos. My only suggestion is for the Wikipedia magic feature. Could link suppression be disabled when viewing a "disambiguation page" (where one selects the appropriate wiki from a list related to the search term)? Thank you so much for the wonderful free extension!
- (2018-03-29) Susie M: I like that it's easy to turn on and off while still drawing my awareness to my social media habits that I perform unconsciously. I love the news block and shop block because often I can block one news website but then I just end up going to another to get what I want. I haven't really got into the mood tracking or the stand up and stretch features but I love the hourly reminders that make me mindful of the time without making me feel pressured or panicked into stopping what I'm doing.
- (2018-03-20) Sohaib Mahmood: Just a few things i'd like to mention after using it for 5 minutes: 1. Youtube home page and recommended is not being blocked. I can still see the home page with the home/trending tabs. 2. I never thought i needed the Wikipedia hyperlinks blocked until now.
- (2018-03-08) JinJin Xu: I have been looking for an extension like this for a while to help me better control my time and social media usage-- I've used other time management apps like "self control" and "blacklist", but Latitude exceeds all expectations, completely changing the way I engage with social media. I no longer scroll mindlessly; now, I am more mindful of my time and engagement with content so that my online experience feels more within my control.
- (2018-02-07) David Walchak: Latitude's decluttering function makes the internet better. It allows Wikipedia and social media to be valuable tools as opposed to distracting diversions. It's also intuitively designed and easy to turn on and off. I won't be returning the old, distracting internet I used to use.
- (2018-02-06) Tracy Huang: Latitude has a simple interface exactly shown by the pictures you see. No gimmicks, no in-app purchases. I love how the app balances (1) the freedom to toggle on and off how I want to engage with social media at the time and (2) provides a non-judgmental comment should I visit the site while the "blockers" are still on. My other favorite feature is the stand up and stretch feature which allows me to keep track of how long I've been sitting.
- (2018-01-30) Aparna Ravikumar: Such an incredibly useful extension! Love how it gives me the power to control the time that I spend online. I hadn't realized how much control I had given up! The 'track your mood' feature is really great too! Allows me to think, in a structured manner, about what I can do to make myself feel better. Recommend the extension very strongly. It's a must-have.
- (2018-01-23) Lindsay Stern: The Latitude extension transforms how I use the internet. It not only enables me to muzzle some of the internet's most powerful distractions (e.g. Facebook's news feed, YouTube's recommended videos and Instagram's 'explore' button), but also alerts me to my own patterns. The upshot: I'm happier, more productive, and less cranky about ceding my data to corporations. This is the best internet efficiency tool out there, to my knowledge. A must in the attention economy.
- (2018-01-23) Priyanka Kumar: The app you don't realise you need: specifically love the 'get up and stretch' feature and the hourly chime. They're both excellent at helping keep track of how long you're spending in front of a screen thereby helping you self-correct that if necessary, and also curbing behaviours like binge-watching/youtube tunneling.
- (2018-01-22) Jacob Trefethen: Elegantly implemented, and multiple features that improve my browsing experience in one extension!
- (2018-01-20) The social media declutter tool is particularly useful.
- (2018-01-20) Sukanya Badri: Very helpful
- (2018-01-19) Maanav Setlur: Latitude is the perfect app for me to ensure that I'm productive.
- (2018-01-02) Olivia Pinney: Just what I needed
- (2019-09-08, v:0.0.0.9) Sachin Ganpat: Blocking recommended videos when viewing a video
When viewing a video the recommended videos are shown. Is this supposed to be blocked?
- (2018-10-04, v:0.0.0.9) Reddit magic tool
Hi there, Do you know if it's possible to block all reddit's main content - similar to what you did on Youtube? Thanks!
- (2018-06-02, v:0.0.0.9) Gabriel Correa: busqueda
que son estos numeros de google+ codigo plus 106048758409773213366?
- (2018-03-09, v:0.0.0.6) Extension needs permission to "Know your email address"
Why does Latitude require this information?
- (2018-03-08, v:0.0.0.6) Kim Hedberg: sign up?
It was unclear as to whether I needed to turn on a platform in FB to add this or just add as an extension to chrome. Thanks for any suggestions