Displays an unread count badge on a webpage's icon.
This extension will show an unread count badge on a webpage's icon. It will work on all pages whose page title contains a number in parentheses. This is especially useful for pinned tabs. Updates: --------- 0.2.0 - Fixed clicking popup button not working - Improved setting synchronization - Improved settings page 0.1.6 - Updated for latest version of Chrome - Now syncs settings between computers 0.1.5 - Fixed badge not vanishing every time 0.1.4: - Fixed badge sometimes not showing up.
- (2018-09-19) Tomo Sakata: This is perfect. Thank you very much Mr Tilman. No idea why Google don't make this by default. They're quite often utterly clueless from the user point of view.
- (2016-09-21) Daryl Van Humbeck: Useful, save for the all-too-often time that a website uses the four-digit year in brackets in the page's title.
- (2015-11-01) Sushruta Bhattacharjee: Gave me a ">999" on IMDB! -_- Icon is too small for a quick glance.
- (2014-06-25) Was hoping this worked with Feedly, but doesn't seem to. I like the Icon choice, nothing wrong with its visibility or readability.
- (2014-06-08) Actually works unlike the others, but it'd be nice to be able to change the badge to something more traditional like a red one. Also, deal-breaker, it resamples all retina favicons down to blocky lo-res on retina Macs.
- (2013-12-30) E.J. Kalafarski: Great execution. Functional and noticeable, but elegant and pretty. Better than all the alternatives.
- (2013-09-05) Kahil: Sorry...but the badge is just too small and doesn't stand out for an 'at a glance' notification. should be on par with the Tab Badge extension for Firefox. Where the number is to the side of the favicon and is large and bold.
- (2013-06-24) Trevor Hamilton: Too awesome
- (2012-12-24) 김민효: Very good. what i need
- (2012-08-29) Ryan Hamilton: I loved this when it was a userscript but alas we can no longer easily add those to Chrome. This is a much simpler solution, and in my opinion the font, font-size, and colour are perfect.
- (2012-08-08) just what i needed
- (2014-10-16, v:0.2.0) Andrew Fallows: Causes NewsBlur.com to crash immediately
No idea what's happening under the hood, but when I have Favicon Badges enabled, I'm not able to load http://www.newsblur.com -- when I disable the extension, it works exactly as intended. Can reproduce by enabling/disabling the extension and refreshing the tab in between.