A redesigned, productive and pragmatic new tab alternative.
Overview: This extension provides 19 desktop widgets, plus bookmarks manager, history manager, extensions manager, downloaded files manager and quick search function in your new tab page (so chrome will show you these permissions when you install it). The core idea of this extension is to help user quickly find web pages that you want to open. The home panel shows links, information and functions by different widgets. Of course, you can customize these widgets. Sometimes if you just want to see a wallpaper on new tab, there is a wallpaper mode that hide all elements on the page and only show the wallpaper and a toggle button. Version 8.0.0 (March 2023) Updates: • Remove weather widget. • Remove Chrome Apps related functions. • Upgrade to Chrome Manifest V3. 0. Quick Search You can use keyboard shortcuts to search for bookmarks, history, opened tabs and downloaded files, similar to Alfred. 1. Home Panel Home panel contains many versatile widgets(cards), like clock, calendar, recently closed tabs. You can add/remove widgets, drag and drop widget to a new position, change widget's title and color. Main widgets: • Most Visited: show default newtab most visited pages. • Bookmarks Bar: show Bookmarks. • Todo List: a simple but powerful todo(task) list. • Opened Tabs: a simple tabs manager, which shows all current opened tabs. You can jump to or close a tab by click, and more functions in context menu. • Recently Closed: recently closed tabs. • Analog clock and digital clock: highly customizable clocks. • Calendar: A month view calendar. • Calculator: A super calculator powered by math.js. • Google Drive widget: quick access recent, starred, shared drive files or search files. • Google Calendar widget: list your Google Calendar events. • Translate: a Google Translate widget. • Notepad: a simple notepad. • Search Engine: search via your browser's default search provider. • YouTube Subscriptions: list video updates for all your subscriptions. • Google Sites: top google services. • Office: ms office web apps. • Chrome Misc: chrome internal pages. 2. Bookmarks Manager Bookmarks are an important concept, because they are your own collections and what you need. This extension provides a more productive bookmarks manager. Similar to Mac Finder in columns view, you can manage and navigate bookmarks by mouse or keyboard shortcuts, for example: • Navigate all bookmarks using mouse or arrow keys. • Open a bookmark by double click or enter key. • Open all bookmarks in a folder by context menu. • Drag and Drop a bookmark to a new location. • Create, edit or delete bookmark or folder by context menu. • Select multi bookmarks to move, delete or open. • Copy/cut/paste bookmarks(except folders) by shortcuts. • Sort bookmarks by name • Support many keyboard shortcuts. 3. History Manager Search or clear browsing history by date range. 4. Downloads Manager Show your downloaded files. You can open downloaded files or open their folders, and clear download history. 5. Devices Show synced open tabs on other devices. 6. Extensions Manager Manage all extensions and apps. You can enable/disable/remove the extensions and open their options. 7. Settings • User login, logout. • Theme settings: Pure colors or Wallpapers or Custom photo. Issue feedback or feature request: https://goo.gl/forms/YOOG4TTkaY2lIbBv2 Contact author: [email protected]
- (2023-03-11) 幼獅: 刪除了天氣功能真的很可惜.....
- (2023-01-18) This 8: 书签组件上面可以加搜索 汉化不是很全 隔壁浏览器没法登陆 别的都挺好的...
- (2022-11-28) Gerrit Kruijer: Incredible extensions. Search for a solution for saving tabs/tabgroups and find this and other extensions from Guokai Han. Thanks for sharing
- (2022-10-13) Vicen: Easy, light and smooth. I used it for a year now and it has everything that I need. Great extension.
- (2022-10-13) 冷落繁星: 很实用。就是那个谷歌翻译用不了。希望增加单独设置代理的功能，这样就可以用翻译的功能了。
- (2022-09-14) F FEPA: ✅No muy ligera de peso (1.5MBs), sin embargo, si es muy ligera en rendimiento (57.000KBs) para este tipo de extensiones. ✅Extensión muy bien pensada : no vas a encontrar algo inútil o excedente dentro. Tiene el equilibrio perfecto entre cantidad de opciones, usabilidad y optimización. ✅Todo en uno - Puedes ahorrar en extensiones como : bookmarks manager, extensions manager, notepad, que acaban consumiendo mucho más que re-newtab en espacio y en consumo. ✅La barra de control izquierda es realmente útil, es completa y compacta. No necesitas ir a una pestaña distinta. todo puedes hacerlo con ella. ✅fondo personalizable ✅casi todos los widgets son ajenos a los servicios privativos como google, en su mayoria son locales. ✅Igualmente puedes usar algunos servicios privados como : Google Calendar, GDrive, GSites, Google Translate, YouTube Subscriptions y Weather (dark sky) [SUGGESTIONS] 👀chart/table/board visual mode option for extension panel (like history panel) 👀Modulable width on all charts (on "possible" chart visual mode) (history and download panels) 👀On "extensions" section, add ability to "sort by update date". ❗👀Expandable (notepad) widget margins on Home section. 👀Complete dark theme (not only background) (like standalone bookmark manager extension) ❗👀Add more complex notepad like a extension called"Notepad" with tabs section (with editable titles) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/notepad/ffbhefmlcoihbjcmibbfkocmnaiacinp 👀 Option export notes to a local folder. (issues with missing notes) I'm always using this extension, thank you and Congrats for the project.
- (2022-08-08) dan smith (X1011): had promise, but I can't stand all the widgets having a white background…
- (2022-07-17) Jared R: Words can't describe how useful and flexible this little extension is. This is easily the best new-tab ext that I have come across.
- (2022-06-29) WHY 弘毅 (whyjxz14): 似乎又无法登陆了
- (2022-06-19) Menkashoo Boumaaktem: Focused on productivity!
- (2022-04-27) lw ss: 不错, 但是希望可以自定义左侧的侧边栏.
- (2022-02-28) Yüan-hsin HU: 我用的是BRAVE浏览器，虽说能安装上此扩展，但如涉及google类的组件就不能使用。建议完善。谢谢！
- (2022-02-12) Лапшинов Вячеслав: Wish for night theme.
- (2022-01-09) KT Thong: good ext
- (2021-11-17) John Wellborn: This extension has just about everything for my browsing needs. One thing it does not have is a setting to open links in a new tab or window by default. Of course, I can always do this by right-clicking on the link.
- (2021-10-04) Maanav Gupta: A must use extension packed with everything you need!
- (2021-08-23) gbzorro: Only PC Manager You'll Ever Need. - powerful simple and easy to learn. - has about a dozen widgets covering everything from bookmarks, to temperature, to clock, to calendar, to notes, to do list, to history, and so much more. - fully customizable so you can just use one widget or you can use a dozen . I wish they had this extension for Apple and Windows . try it... You'll like it.
- (2021-08-13) D PAUL: Its weird how great things often dont get deserved attention. Simple and robust awesome implementation... just use it
- (2021-08-05) Rusalina S.: Нравится, пользуюсь, спасибо.
- (2021-04-06) Russ Thompson: The best Bookmark and history manager around, along with the clock, calendar, calculator, weather.... Love it.
- (2021-01-07) xing yue: It's really easy to use. Thank you very much to the author. How can I sponsor you to make this software sustainable? Can you synchronize between different computers? 真的太好用了，非常感谢作者，如何赞助你让这个软件持续下去尼？可以在不同电脑之间进行同步吗？
- (2021-01-05) Kavi L: 这个扩展太好用了，如果能增加RSS管理就更好了！
- (2021-01-02) Arno Solo: 可以,很有帮助
- (2020-12-20) Steven Etheredge: This is the way Google should have set up new tabs! This developer is a genius..
- (2020-11-13) サトウカズマ: 完美啊！
- (2020-10-13) dull bird: 在不经意间找到了一个最棒的Tab插件，希望能让更多人看到~
- (2020-09-20) Uberleph Rad: It's a great app though it lacks some important things like more widget size customization, a dial widget and the rest of other google apps in the app menu, though it may be just a thing of letting the app progress over time. Excellent work Mr. Han, I applaud you for your creation.
- (2020-08-17) Francesco Fumelli: perfect, we need sync with mobile.... otherwise really, perfect and useful. just a suggestion keep the layout more compact so we can fill more stuff
- (2020-08-12) Jearyxia KLEANWAEL: Dommage, on peut pas déplacer les boutons dans l'ordre qu'on souhaite avoir. Par exemple les favoris, si je pouvais les mettre tout en haut, j'aurais un accès direct sur les favoris en ouvrant un nouvel onglet Marche, dernier test le 12 aout 2020
- (2020-08-02) Andre Gas: Really useful and beautiful ! And getting better on every release. I love the notes and the translation panes, and the sync of other devices with google account works wonders. Thanks Google, Chrome and Re-newTab!
- (2020-06-28) Lauren Mercy: I very rarely find a Chrome extension that has not just a well thought out design, but also provides enough features that I would actually categorize it as useful. Compared to most of the other garbage "new tab" and "start" pages offered in the Chrome store, you will actually want to use this one. I have only one suggestion for the developer: please add the ability to search by voice like in the original Google search page.
- (2020-04-12) fitness Now: 很棒，很舒服
- (2020-03-21) THEODORAKIS IOANNIS: Amazing free & light app >>> Manage your default favorites ( Chrome synchronized favorites ) plus include a fast control panel with very useful widgets - no login - no adds
- (2020-03-02) Anthony Lepki: Finally - something simple and easy to use - thank you! Hoping to see more widgets come on board (i.e., RSS feeds, etc). The ultimate would be the ability to save sessions - session management in this nice clean format. Regardless - great work!
- (2020-02-27) lei shi: 为什么登录不了？
- (2020-02-25) Ms R: Fantastic. Flexible, simple, yet sophisticated. More useful widgets would always be appreciated.
- (2020-02-17) 刘松源: 我希望书签能做成更大，或者栏目大小可调，不需要下拉就能全部显示，而且可以设置成小图标比如10*8个这样的排列。一页一目了然的排列！
- (2020-01-16) Gd Gd: 左侧导航图标看上去大小不一致对不齐，导航栏项目无法调整顺序及是否显示，widget栏数无法设置（只能通过缩放调整），其他目前看起来还好，概念不错，支持关注，加油！
- (2020-01-08) Stefane Guevremont: The only manager you will ever need. Tabs, Bookmarks, History. This extension is mind blowing. 2020-01-08 - Although unbelievable, this extension just keeps getting better and better.
- (2019-12-19) 付超然: amazing！本来想找一款可以在启动页面支持Vimium的软件，进来软件后按shift+?,热泪盈眶啊！！！
- (2019-12-10) Nico Lucas: amazing
- (2019-11-09) guang a: 没有中文
- (2019-10-29) Mr W: Simple, Flexible, Usable! Awesome!
- (2019-10-22) 奇幻云: 你们用的是汉化过的吗？
- (2019-10-06) K in KOP: This is a really useful extension and I sense it will continue to improve. My new tab now houses most everything that I would regularly want to get to easily. I love the customizability and the home menu down the side that allows me to leave certain widgets off of the main page so it doesn't get too busy. There is certainly room for improvement for the finer details, but overall this is a very useful and user-friendly new tab manager. I would love to see it become even more customizable in terms of the appearance of widgets: font, font size, font color, color of the inside of the box not just the header, resizing of each widget… Etc. I also noticed a few areas where I'm not sure if they are purposefully like this or not. For instance, the history tab allows you to search for anything you want and delete individual entries, but you can't select more than one at a time and delete them all at once unless you delete the entire history. Also, the downloads tab does not seem to show any downloaded photographs. And when you delete something in the list from the downloads tab, it does not translate to deleting that on your computer. Maybe that is for safety reasons and actually a good thing, but it seems like there would be no reason to be able to delete it from the tab unless it also deleted it from the computer. I look forward to seeing how this develops into the future.
- (2019-09-28) Fares Salahuddin: اداة اكثر من رائعة Thank you so much
- (2019-09-22) Senren: 希望Most Visited那里可以手动添加网址，或者弄个能手动添加常用网站的Widget
- (2019-09-15) 白云峰: 非常符合我对新标签页的要求，如果可以优化一下卡片的视觉样式就更好了
- (2019-09-04) Jack Smith: 简介大方好用
- (2019-08-08) zp zhu: 体验很好，想要的都有，但是表标签页中的书签搜索快捷键体验有待改进。每次都必须先点击新标签页才能通过Ctrl+B进行搜索，为什么不能提供一个全局快捷键的设置选项呢？
- (2022-05-29, v:7.3.1) Stefane Guevremont: Bookmarks Search - Show in Folder - Suggestion
When searching for a bookmark or folder, in the search results, it would be useful to be able to show a bookmark or folder in its parent folder. Something like Right-Click \ Context Menu \ Show in Folder.
- (2022-03-11, v:7.3.1) F FEPA: More complex notepad
To compact space in widgets. The ability to "add tabs" can be added to the "notepad" widget. Thanks for your great work!
- (2022-02-17, v:7.3.1) Lady of Pain: Favorites/Bookmarks Widget
Hi, I would like to propose a 'favorite sites' widget where large icons of websites can be displayed, as they are quicker to click on than text from bookmarks. An example of this would be the Speed Dial 2 extension. Ironically, I was using it before they removed their sidebar showing recently closed tabs and bookmarks. Your extension is a fantastic replacement overall!
- (2021-12-19, v:7.3.1) Imre Knausz: access notes in cloud mode
I wonder how can I access Re-newtab notes (in cloud mode) on a mobile device (Android). Thank you!
- (2021-06-14, v:7.3.0) Michael Tusken: Opening Tabs where left off
Good evening, I really like the functionality of re-newtab; however, I have a significant issue. I always had Chrome set up to "Continue where you left off" on start-up. However, re-newtab disabled that, and I could not find the equivalent within the re-newtab settings. I routinely have numerous tabs open, and I keep them open for days while I am working on various things. As a result of installing re-newtab, I lost many open tabs. If having the functionality of "Continue where you left off" is not possible within re-newtab, it is useless to me, and I will uninstall it. I have tentatively disabled re-newtab in hopes that I am just not locating the correct setting. Please advise whether there is a setting to "continue where you left off" and how to add that. Thank you.
- (2021-01-19, v:7.3.0) Cosmic FREAK: Size
Plz add setting for change number of columns. Because its needed when use one small (1x1) and 1 big (1x2) column.
- (2020-09-20, v:7.2.0) Uberleph Rad: The App is great, but...
It lacks on some important functions like having a dial widget, having all other google apps in the app section, and more size configuration (Like when you are editing a Samsung widget). The app is an 8/10 and I'm looking forward to the next update or maybe even an opera port.
- (2020-05-30, v:7.2.0) Lester Hardin: How do you get it torun.?
How do you get it torun.?Extension is turned on.
- (2020-05-07, v:7.2.0) Peter Lee Budi Banjarmasin: changing the colors
how can i change the colors ? the colors of everything shown on renew_tab. thank you
- (2020-04-24, v:7.2.0) Gustavo Ocampo B: Folder Search
Awesome!! Thank you. 2 suggestions : 1.the ability to save sessions 2. The ability to search for Folders.
- (2020-04-22, v:7.2.0) William White: Mobile Bookmarks
The only way I can find to access mobile bookmarks is to click on the second icon in the menu bar on the left side. They don't appear in the bookmarks bar, or in a widget anywhere. Am I missing something?
- (2020-01-06, v:7.1.7) Stefane Guevremont: Bookmark Manager - Middle Click to Open Bookmark in New Tab - Suggestion
In the bookmark manage, I would love to be able to open a bookmark with middle click into a new tab. Cheers!
- (2019-10-03, v:7.0.5) Matin Gilardi: Bookmarks organization
Does this app allow for the organization of my bookmarks in chronological order?
- (2019-09-19, v:7.0.4) 曾崴: add speed dial widget
I love your work. It's neat but powerful and help me a lot when navigating my long bookmarks list. Will you please add a widget for speed dial, given the 'google most visited widget' uneditable?
- (2019-05-25, v:7.0.1) Jack Porter: Vivaldi support
when logging in on vivaldi (a chromium based browser), the pop-up for google seems to use some strange method unique to this extension. i would like to see this use something that was actually supported by most chromium based browser systems. it's sad since this is one of the only ones that don't try to use my location to gather weather info, which directly interferes with VPN and any other security you might have. good wishes - Jack
- (2018-11-03, v:4.0.12) Stefane Guevremont: Copy/Paste Bookmarks
I would love to be able to copy/paste bookmarks
- (2018-11-03, v:4.0.12) Stefane Guevremont: Adding Keyboard Shortcuts
I have been looking for a good bookmarks and history manager for a long while now and yours does both better than any other single Extension I've ever tried. Your extension amazes me. That being said, I would love to be able to access the Bookmarks and History via shortcuts with the keyboard. I believe this would be a valuable addition to your extension. Cheers!
- (2018-10-17, v:4.0.5) Александр Сергеевич: Customization
Hello! How change color of bookmarks, not bar, just bookmarks?
- (2018-08-13, v:3.0.14) Muse: Little issue
I'm sold on everything up until you press install and it asks for 7 permissions. It isn't necessary in any form that on my computer it can change information on signed in devices. Thank you..