This extension collects all the notes within a Zeplin project and displays them in a filterable list.
The note list can be exported if you want to reuse it in Google Sheets, and you can also export a screen list if you need a complete catalog of the different screens in the project. Although it can sometimes take a long time to collect all the notes (depending on the project size), it’s still much faster than checking the screens one-by-one, which is a painfully time-consuming task at the moment. Hopefully, this plugin will save you some time and help you to focus on more important tasks! You can follow me on Twitter for future updates: https://twitter.com/ptrgal Check this article on medium if you would like to know the story behind the extension: https://link.medium.com/y24t4Op4fR ----- Here's a quick guide to lead you in the right direction: 1. Go to app.zeplin.io 2. Enter a project and click on the "Notes" tab at the top 3. Use the "Start" button and wait for the download to finish That's all. Enjoy! ----- If you find a bug, drop me an email: [email protected] – Thanks! ----- Changelog: # [ 1.4.11 ] – 2019.12.27 – Fixed some navigation related issues again – A bit of code cleanup before the new year (it's still a mess, but it works! :D) # [ 1.4.10 ] – 2019.09.30 – Fixed some navigation related issues # [ 1.4.8 and 1.4.9 ] – 2019.06.21 – Fixed: Broken navigation caused by Zeplin update # [ 1.4.7 ] – 2019.06.13 – "Export Notes" feature now exports all the answers of a note (it only exported the last one previously) # [ 1.4.5 ] – 2019.05.03 – Fixed: The transparent app icon is now *really* transparent... :D – The download (collect) process got a better error handling # [ 1.4.4 ] – 2019.04.09 – Fixed: Modals cannot be scrolled because of a Chrome update # [ 1.4.3 ] – 2018.12.26 – Minor bugfix of the previous bugfix... yeah, I know. :D # [ 1.4.2 ] – 2018.12.24 – Minor bugfix related to resolved notes # [ 1.4.1 ] – 2018.12.11 – Minor bugfix # [ 1.4.0 ] – 2018.12.10 – Note Details modal redesigned – Added screen preview to Note Details – Added "Close all / Open all sections" feature to the main Dashboard as well ----- # [ 1.3.8 ] – 2018.10.08 – New keyboard shortcut: [ ALT + N ] or [ ⌥N ] for opening the "Notes" tab ----- # [ 1.3.7 ] – 2018.10.07 – New Statistics overview ----- # [ 1.3.4 ] – 2018.09.29 – Added "Last updated" date to Screen Export ----- # [ 1.3.3 ] – 2018.09.24 – Minor typo changes ----- # [ 1.3.2 ] – 2018.09.23 – Extension's popup window has been redesigned (extension popups appear when you click on the little icons at the top-right of the window) – Added "Title" tags to various elements ----- # [ 1.3.1 ] – 2018.09.17 – UI tweaks for cleaner look – Added basic search functionality for Messages, Users and Screens – Filters have been reworked and integrated into the search box – New keyboard shortcut: [ ESC ] for closing modals – New keyboard shortcut: [ Ctrl + F ] or [ ⌘F ] for searching
- (2020-03-12) Carlos Hwa: Can't believe Zeplin doesn't support this automatically, thank god someone else did.
- (2020-01-03) Yun-Chung Chen: Really great tool! Help me to be much more productive. Very appreciate your work! Thanks Peter!
- (2019-11-08) Sven Luedicke: amazing. just what we needed. thank you!
- (2019-10-10) Jennifer P Stewart: OMG!! This extension is amazing! So much better to have all the notes consolidated and not have to click into each and every screen. Thank you!
- (2019-06-04) Lyndsey Weedop: Fantastic tool! Exactly what I was looking for. I can't believe this isn't just built right into Zeplin already. Thanks Peter!
- (2019-03-01) Should have been a default feature with zeplin. Thank you Peter for making our life easy.
- (2019-02-19) bartosz storozak: super! w końcu ktoś poszedł o krok dalej!
- (2019-01-17) This is honestly a no-brainer, instead of having to go through all screens to see if there's something there for me to reply to (my God, how tedious) I have a nice clean overview of all the comments made and their status. I wouldn't be surprised if Zeplin contacts the fine people who made this extension to incorporate it into their native app. Thank you for making my job so much easier and with that more fun!
- (2018-08-01) Álmos Előd Sárközi: We use it for our design project for a banking software (500+ screen variants uploaded to Zeplin), it makes our life SO MUCH EASIER. We can start daily meetings with checking all the open issues related to screens, and also we can send out a fresh screen catalogue based on the csv export on a weekly basis. AWESOME!
- (2019-09-05, v:1.4.9) Crystal Jackson: Don't see notes populating
I did all the set up, and I got to the end of the flow (see Notes in the web tab provide), and there was no pay off. Works for my coworker, not for me. Not sure what I can do to troubleshoot. Thanks.
- (2019-08-22, v:1.4.9) Magdalena Żabińska: Nothing is showed after collecting screens.
Hello! Unfortunately, like Péter Horváth I got only the empty list instead of... well, notes. I do get error in console, however: Error handling response: TypeError: Cannot read property '_id' of null at filtersAddNames (chrome-extension://ieimmggcldhfhpanbajijeehhnfhcodl/js/content_scripts.min.js:1:6690) at loadHeaderInfo (chrome-extension://ieimmggcldhfhpanbajijeehhnfhcodl/js/content_scripts.min.js:1:878) at loadDashboard (chrome-extension://ieimmggcldhfhpanbajijeehhnfhcodl/js/content_scripts.min.js:1:787) at chrome-extension://ieimmggcldhfhpanbajijeehhnfhcodl/js/content_scripts.min.js:1:431 at chrome-extension://ieimmggcldhfhpanbajijeehhnfhcodl/js/content_scripts.min.js:1:671 I know, that somewhere in my project are comments written by "@anonymous" - like some parts of it ot corrupted and Zeplin shows it like that, because it cannot identify the person. Maybe that is the problem in my case? I tried clearing the browser, but unfortunately, it didn't help. Shame, because this extension looks like it could be a great help to our team, so I hope you'll be able to reproduce and fix it :) I'll keep trying, so if I'll find anything I'll let you know.
- (2019-07-30, v:1.4.9) Péter Horváth: Extension not working
Hi Peter, thanks for the awesome extension. I have used it for previous projects earlier, and liked it a lot. Now it does not seem to work with my current Chrome (Version 75.0.3770.142 Official Build 64-bit on Mac). The 'Notes' tab is visible, but the page underneath is empty. I see no error in console.log after going to the tab. Does anyone else experiencing the same issue?
- (2019-06-13, v:1.4.6) William S: I tried exporting, it doesn't put all the notes in the notes section, it's not organized, how do I fix it?
I tried exporting, it doesn't put all the notes in the notes section, it's not organized, how do I fix it? The Author Notes column is picking up the authors and the notes is under the screen section
- (2019-01-17, v:1.4.3 – 2019.01.15) Automatically fetch notes in the background
Include an option to either fetch notes on opening the notes tab, or periodically in the background. Also I think the UI blocking Collect Notes screen could be replaced with a simple line indicator, like Zeplin is using themselves when loading a screen. Would also be nice to see a 'new notes/unread notes' indicator on the Notes tab (red circle).
- (2019-01-15, v:1.4.2 – 2018.12.24) Collect Again not working
Fetching screen list stays at 0%, the browser console throws a 404 trying to connect to the Zeplin api and the extension script is unable to parse the non-fetched JSON. --- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) Uncaught (in promise) SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 ---