Load only the active tab when booting up an old session of Chrome.
Chrome by default upon restart loads every tab that is currently open, which takes much more memory and time required than necessary. This extension allows only the tab currently selected to be loaded at restart, making Chrome load up much faster. This extension does not require any actions in part by the user to work. VERSION 1.1 CHANGES - Tabs load faster when switched to. INITIAL USE: please restart your Chrome browser in order to have the extension work properly. To view the source, go to https://github.com/hwangas/lazyload
- (2021-04-05) Mike Bilel: It seems to work on everything except youtube! I remember it used to work with youtube what a shame
- (2021-01-14) NOUM: The focused tab shouldn't be blocked when the browser is started, because it prevents from using the address bar too
- (2018-09-17) Ismail ideas: good but search image with google is broken ;) fixit
- (2015-06-20) Pencinta Kucing: Loved this extension but sometimes, the tab doesn't load at all. Nothing can be done except close those tab. Hope this will be fixed ASAP.
- (2021-04-05, v:1.1) Mike Bilel: youtube
it suddenly stopped working with youtube i'm a heavy user i need this so bad
- (2018-02-07, v:1.1) Ian Nicholls: If only one tab, it gets blocked
If the active tab is the only one, it's blocked by this extension. Workaround: Open a second tab and switch back to this one.
- (2017-08-17, v:1.1) Felix Bunke: Pages not loading at all
Lately, I've been getting "about:blank" pages on tabs that didn't load on startup, and they can't be retrieved. I've disabled the extension for now because of this.