Wrapper for Paid High Quality Text-to-Speech (TTS) APIs like Google's Wavenet TTS. To use this extension, you need your API key.
Wrapper for Paid High Quality Text-to-Speech (TTS) APIs like Google's Wavenet TTS. To use this extension, you need your API key. - Supported APIs - Google Cloud Text-to-Speech (includes WaveNet voices) - More APIs will be available soon! - Feature - Read selected text - Choose voice - Change voice speed
- (2021-08-12) Zoran M: So you have to subscibe to a "free 90 day trial with Google Cloud" before you can even see how it works? And they want your phone number so they can "confirm where we can reach you about solutions to support your Cloud experience".
- (2020-07-22) Constantine: no have russian lang
- (2019-10-01) Arthur Bisle: 5000 characters limit for a single voice generation query (this limitation is set by wavenet, but a workaround could definitely be found if the author would like to find it). No stop button, no hotkeys in the documentation. And you must have got an API Key on WaveNet web site at first, which is not that easy.
- (2019-09-11) Rania Hanuman: This a great extension, with even greater potential. As others have mentioned, Speechy could be enhanced with additional controls. Indication of which text is currently read, volume, pause/play, or forward/rewind controls. Other than that, this is an amazing tool. Speechy also provides clear, easy to follow instructions on obtaining the API key.
- (2019-04-13) John Sutcliffe: John Sutcliffe Wavenet voices made easy. Best voice quality by a long way Note: You need an API key from Google's Cloud Platform to set up it.
- (2019-03-26) Phoenix Smith: I have been using this extension constantly. It performs perfectly and it was easy to set up.
- (2018-11-22) Justin Grace: This is so great! Surprised no other readers make google wavenet accessible. Would be amazing to get a read whole page button (ideally that can also filter junk / jibberish like image copyrights etc). If this software was fully featured I would pay for it.
- (2018-09-08) Jackson Min: Also agree with Gavin. Only extension I've ever seen to do this. If possible, I would love to see text highlighted as it's read! Also, is it possible to get shortcuts?
- (2018-06-13) Liu Hai: Thank you for this great extension which is pretty helpful in Language learning. Although pdf file can be viewed in Chrome and the speechy is listed in the right-click menu, it doesn't work actually. Really grateful if you can look into it. Thanks again！ P.S. I had converted the pdf file to html file and therefore Speechy can work . Unfortunately, such approach failed suddenly this morning, and I cannot figure out the reason.
- (2018-05-16) Gavin Folgert: This is the only Chrome extension that I could successfully use with Google's WaveNet API. This extension could be improved with additional controls - voice speed, play/pause, next/previous sentence, and stop.