Makes the Spotify Web Player (play.spotify.com) revert to the older and more fully featured user interface.
*Update* Spotify appear to have fully disabled the old player and there is no workaround that I know of currently. I'll update this plugin if a fix becomes available, but until then the new web player is the only option. Sorry, I did my best, but ultimately it is Spotify's decision. Please leave a support comment if you're aware of a new fix :) ------ Turns open.spotify.com into the play.spotify.com that you know and love, complete with features such as: * Radio * One-click playlist access * Fully featured search * And much more! Disable that new Spotify Web Player and get your music back! -- How does it work? Changes your UserAgent so you look like you're using Internet Explorer 11, rather than Chrome. Essentially a more user-friendly implementation of the process described here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/New-Spotify-Web-Player-Design-NEW-2017-DESIGN-FEEDBACK-IDEAS/m-p/1641377#M184605 Does it change my UserAgent for any other websites? No. This will only changes your UserAgent on play.spotify.com and open.spotify.com. Will not change your requests to any other websites in any way. -- Works while it works, but Spotify may choose to turn off the old interface at any point. If that happens this extension will no longer work. Not affiliated with Spotify AB.
- (2021-02-18) FrkMusic: does not work
- (2020-04-06) Curtis Powell: thnxs
- (2019-10-14) Tom Russell: Doesn't work- as soon as I installed it I get the error "This browser doesn't support Spotify Web Player"
- (2017-09-16) Samuel Reusser: Hello. I understand that it will not work anymore. I was wondering if you could have this change the look of play.spotify to add the old look and usage or maybe make an extension page. thank you anyway.
- (2017-09-03) Cynthia Moreno: so far so good. I couldn't even scroll on with open spotify that's how broken that site was. It's nice to get play spotify back.
- (2018-03-21, v:0.1) Samuel Fernando Pernia Romero: No puedo usar el viejo Spotify
no puedo usar esta extension. Ayuda!!!!!!!
- (2017-09-06, v:0.1) Omar Chelbat: Stopped working
Awesome extension, and after having used the new player for 2 months, and discovering this I was thrilled! Sooooo much better UI/UX before. Sadly this extension stopped working a few days ago. Can you please look into updating it - I sincerely hope there is a way to fix it.