Pimp your 'New Tab' - open any website or URL!
A super simple extension that allows you to customise your 'New Tab' page by setting it to redirect to a specific URL or website. I created this as the other New Tab redirect extensions all seem to be full of spyware! View & download the source code: https://github.com/jimmyff/chome-new-tab Permission explanation: The extension requires the 'Storage' permission to save your desired URL and the 'Tab' permission to change the URL of your 'New Tab' page. I could remove the tab permission and use the 'new tab override' method but if I did it this way, there would be no way to disable the custom page without disabling the whole extension. Also it would not put the cursor in the address bar. When Chrome adds functionality to allow temporary overrides I will change the implementation to support it. Happy pimpin! ^_^
- (2018-02-18) John L. Reed: Good.
- (2016-03-03) Brian Devins: Loads my desired URL in a new tab and highlights the address bar. Exactly what I was looking for. Subtracting 1 star because the hideous button keeps appearing over and over even when I remove it from the Chrome menu.
- (2016-02-02) Jimmy Forrester-Fellowes: Set it to show me a dashboard every time i open a tab - sweet :-)
- (2016-02-02) Neil Grant: Simple & great... simply great? :-)
- (2016-02-02) Lee Lovell: Very simple and easy to setup. Does the job perfectly.
- (2019-03-26, v:1.0.2) Eric Ronning: Thanks and Suggestion
Thanks for this extension :^) Here's an idea you may/may not want to implement, but honestly, I wish I could choose a few URL's that the extension would shuffle between every time I open a new tab. For example, I'd set my Calendar and my Mail as these two so that I get a more consistent stream of both. Just an idea.
- (2016-12-26, v:1.0.2) Modesto: cambiar
no sé como añadir una pag. a una nueva pestaña