Simple and seamless privacy protection for your browser.
- (2023-02-05) Ігор Клименко: Please add the Ukrainian region Add ukrainian language
- (2023-02-04) Tommy Guldbjerg: Like the Ad removal feature. Dislike the search enigne and that it is forced upon you with no options. Dislike the maps - Terrible! Please let the Ad removal and tracking blockers work without the search engine being mandatory.
- (2023-01-06) Yakki Bytes: The best search engine on the planet. I've stopped using google completely and couldn't be more pleased. Thank u DDG!
- (2023-01-03) Juan Hunter: After further research I see that DDG sold out its users to microsoft.
- (2022-12-21) Day C: "Privacy" extension reads all your data (browsing activity) Theres better do not track options out there that dont defeat their purpose for privacy google will also know all your browse searches when using DDG engine Function: Lowers trackers, but def not 100%
- (2022-12-14) Maxthon Seven: Please add the Ukrainian language !!!
- (2022-12-13) Sarwar Sateer: Unfortunately, this extension doesn't allow the live chats on most of the websites. I have been blaming some of the hosting companies if they disable Live support. but after trying hours of time I figured out. the problem was with your extension. Please fix that ASAP. Solution for now: disabled the extension. Thanks
- (2022-12-10) Craig E: Appears to cause cnn web site to flicker. I have to disable it on occasion to read that website.
- (2022-12-09) Carl Goossenaerts: verandert de search engine verplicht naar DuckDuckGo (niet vermeld in de omschrijving), en die is ver van zo goed als die van google (vind vooral zaken in Amerika, voelt als yahoo search)
- (2022-12-08) Hop Do Tan: Love it at first, until I discovered that it changed my default search engine
- (2022-12-07) Tim Ervin: My main issue with it is that it overrides your default search engine. I use the Search Set extension to then override *it*, but with every update of the DuckDuckGo extension, it reverts back. I mainly wanted it just for the privacy rating (A+–F), and have used it for that purpose for years, but that went away a couple weeks ago. Not sure if a bug or not.
- (2022-11-29) Jim Dempsey: My company make me use Google so I added duck duck go to chrome to help.
- (2022-11-25) Aniloks: Dr.Web ругается на вирус в расширении "2022.11.23.1_0";"BATCH.Virus";;"\ChromiumExtension\Device\HarddiskVolume9\Users\***\AppData\Local\Yandex\YandexBrowser\User Data\Default\Extensions\bkdgflcldnnnapblkhphbgpggdiikppg\2022.11.23.1_0" пришлось удалить расширение
- (2022-11-25) Aka Sem: what just happening, suddenly duckduckgo stops showing privacy badge icon on websites for that I can't find out which site safe or suspicious. Please duckduckgo fix it.
- (2022-11-14) Pink Pig: This extension is a must-have! It works in the background, and I haven't noticed negative effects anywhere.
- (2022-11-06) Christopher Good: 12 12 13
- (2022-11-06) Сергей Конорезов: «Защищённый от цензуры» поисковик вводит ЦЕНЗУРУ, но это ведь правильная цензура....
- (2022-10-29) Oliver Chan: I love the idea of a privacy grade and improvement suggestions, but I really hate that it takes over Chrome and makes all searches happen on its own search engine rather than Google. This search engine never has the results I'm looking for and it doesn't have those content previews like Google has (for example, you search for something and Google shows a little pane on the side giving brief information about it; DuckDuckGo doesn't have this). Wish there were an option to disable this "search engine takeover"...
- (2022-10-21) sdccg areyh: 识别得相当不错
- (2022-10-21) Trey: I love this thing. I wish they had a browser for desktop. This is good enough for now, though. I just use Brave when possible (with this extension/engine as well). Yeah I said it. What are you going to do, Google? Something invasive w my data? Oh wait LMAO
- (2022-10-15) Tom: So, whenever I search for a browser download, any browser, the first result is always Opera. Which makes me wonder what other programs are being boosted by DDG. Don't like that, removing the extension and the ddg search option in my browser.
- (2022-10-14) Gaston: It's an amazing extension, together with brave I can now feel safe just like 10 years back in time. No more tracking and personalized ADs, internet free is an internet safe!
- (2022-10-13) Don Montalvo: Immediately flagged chrome.google.com for "Poor Privacy Practices". Who would'a thunk it. Shame on Google.
- (2022-09-28) pl9 sopo: Buen bloqueador de trackers respeta la privacidad. Pero bloquea la selección de buscadores del navegador.
- (2022-09-24) Leonardo Nakamoto: Começou à censurar resultados à mando de esquerda usando como motivo suas narrativas sem provar nada (não sou de direita). Fora que começou à compartilhar nossos dados com a Microsoft... :/
- (2022-09-13) Just Ask: you have sold us out, DuckDuckGo. Every "free" projects starts as "do no evil" and eventually turns into a commercial enterprise selling user data for profit. Exactly what happened here too.
- (2022-09-04) Rahul Basu: When DuckDuckGo app for Windows? (I really liked the way app trackers are being disabled on Android. Would love to see a similar feature for windows as well)
- (2022-09-03) Earl M: Questionable and sketchy. Please think critically about this extension and DDG's underlying service. It fundamentally just does not make sense. While the overall goals and concept are praiseworthy, the implementation is suspicious to say the least: - Why go to the trouble of implementing a browser extension and/or require a phone app? Sneakemail has offered a disposable privacy-oriented e-mail service for 22 years, with a web interface. A smart privacy oriented product should have *minimal* invasiveness. - Why does the browser extension require permissions to view your browsing history? How is this related to the advertised service? This is the OPPOSITE of being a pro-privacy company. - DDG's Scandal: Let's not forget about DDG's secret deal with Microsoft: DDG's browser advertises pro-privacy and anti-tracking services, but they secretly whitelisted tracking from Microsoft. (Exposed May 2022.) - Running an e-mail service like this is expensive in technology and human labour. Yet they are offering it for free? How does that work? DDG is not a charity. So how are they funding themselves? So what's the REAL reason for them requiring a browser extension, which can read your entire browsing history? How does this help them increase privacy?
- (2022-09-01) Ryan Lee (Premier): I will uninstall this extension mainly because it forces me to use DDG as a default search engine. That's annoying AF. Google is waaaaaay more accurate!
- (2022-09-01) Glen Havard: Thanks DDG
- (2022-08-30) James Gibbins: I support DuckDuckGo and would love to use the email feature. However, I also support the planet, and want to use Ecosia as much search engine. With this extension enabled, you are forced to have DDG as your default search engine.
- (2022-08-28) Michael: There's absolutely no reason to require a web browser extension for a "private email" feature. Firefox Relay does the same thing and works without an extension - simply sign up on their website, generate a new email, copy to clipboard. Simple as that. The PR around this announcement and their pathetic attempts to try to justify the extension requirement smell of such BS. This is such a scummy move that has made me lose my trust in DuckDuckGo.
- (2022-08-27) Mahon Baldwin: I wish there was more customizability with this plugin. I like the email forwarder and the ability to customize the email you give to various places, but not at the expense of taking over my default browser. I like duckduckgo, and I use them a lot, but I prefer another search engine.
- (2022-08-26) Tiago Silva: It forces DDG as the only search engine I can use. I don't like it not even a bit. Option to use DDG: yes. Force me to use DDG when the extension is on: that's a nope from me.
- (2022-08-25) Benjamin Scott: I realize that "change default browser" is listed in the description, my personal opinion is that it should *ask* the user to change their default browser, rather than doing it silently
- (2022-08-25) A A: Force installed by using DDG Email.
- (2022-08-24) KupoMoogleRU: Блокирует выбор поисковой системы.
- (2022-08-19) It Works!
- (2022-08-15) khalidthecoolie rules: it. blocks all my extensions. 2. its sells private data. 3. It censors everything. 4. it thinks everything is bad. 5. Google is better. 6.DUCKDUCK GO SUCKS it isnt trusting some websites. that i use every day. duckduck go is bad do not use. also anything about the russian and ukraine war is misinformation
- (2022-08-11) Tysker Barn: warum drängt sichs in den vordergrund? Ich möchte AUSWAHL nicht vom Google-diktat zum DDG- diktat! Das "Glück" währte nur 5min, da ich nix in den "Einstellungen" fand- wieder entfernt.
- (2022-08-11) MADE YOGA WIJAYA: sangat bagus
- (2022-08-10) Aarush Kalele: Stupid google and their tracking devices. You should download this 100% just to show google whos the boss of their own lives.
- (2022-07-30) G.C. Barnett: I appreciate DDG's anti-tracking and privacy measures, but I need full control of the browser experience. I will not use an extension that prevents me from changing my default search engine. This is a 2- to 3-star mistake. 2 stars +1 for the email privacy feature despite the foregoing.
- (2022-07-26) Luke: DDG is a great addition to increasing one's privacy, and I applaud their stance on not collecting, storing, using, or selling personal information. Unfortunately, Google went evil a long time ago despite having roots in a similar philosophy. That said, the extension is too "all or nothing." DDG needs to allow the ability to whitelist sites to put the power back into the hands of the user. It breaks certain sites and doesn't allow content like reviews and discussions on other sites. Take a cue from the uBlock Origin extension and allow it.
- (2022-07-26) diskys: крутой, молодцы! Все четко, можно еще чутка скорости подрубить и вообще огонь будет!
- (2022-07-24) Ronen Buium: Works with VPN Network like a charm. Thanks a lot...
- (2022-07-22) nerdError: Setting the default search engine without my agreement, whtn i just re-enabled your extensions after several months of not using it isn't nice. I just hate when extensions do that. That's the way you lose the users
- (2022-07-18) James Radcliffe: Duck Duck Go is essential for me. I have always been pleased with their products. It appears that there are a lot pf liars here who are making the most outlandish statements. What it obvious to me is that there are some full on idiots who will believe anything and there are some full on LIARS who are obviously mad that DDG is becoming popular; heads above the trash they are peddling.
- (2022-07-18) RPM Guy: Отличная поисковая система с супер крутыми алгоритмами, все ок. То что люди пишут, мол "они навязываются", да боже мой...
- (2022-07-08) lycanknight (lycanknight): until recently i loved this extension but now i must say this sadly i have found that your extension has recently made it where disqus no longer remembers that i have logged in and when i switch from a page i was logged in on to the new page where i should still be logged in on it has logged me out and i have to keep signing back in on each page to make comments and i suspect this is happening to a lot more they just haven't figured this out yet until this is resolved i will sadly have to leave this extension disabled as i rely heavily on disqus and have not found a work around yet
- (2023-02-04, v:2023.1.12) Jay Corder: deleted by mistake
I accidently deleted duck duck go from google. Hw do i get it back?
- (2023-01-27, v:2023.1.12) Ludmila Bidwell: How to disabled DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
I deleted DuckDuckGo and reset Google as my default but every time I open Chrome, there are two Privacy Essentials pages which won't go away. How do I get rid of them?
- (2023-01-27, v:2023.1.12) Ludmila Bidwell: Privacy Essential pages open up despite being disabled
Every time I open Google, I get two pages pushing DuckDuckGo privacy essentials. I deleted DuckDuckGo and reset google as my default but the pages remain even if I download Chrome again. How do I get rid of them?
- (2023-01-22, v:2023.1.12) Pippy&Lily Boutique: encryption
DO I need to turn on Encryption for DDG on the extension?
- (2023-01-20, v:2023.1.12) Jose Munoz: Issues since last update
Have been using the extension for a while and it was great, but this recent update seems to be breaking 2 out 3 sites i visit by blocking features that were always working prior to this update.
- (2023-01-18, v:2023.1.12) Sean McCord: DuckDuckGo chromium app and search page
I love almost everything about DuckDuckGo and use the MacOS browser and the Brave Browser DuckDuckGo app on all my machines. However, the one thing I wish I could toggle is how the app automatically sets my search page to DuckDuckGo Search. I prefer and will continue using StartPage, which means once a week or so I must deinstall and reinstall the StartPage app in order to reset it as my default search. I might not be the only one who would really appreciate it if you could make the default search page change an option instead of mandatory.
- (2023-01-17, v:2023.1.12) Joe Hildebrandt: WSJ comments section
When using Duckduckgo , comments on Wall Street Journal articles do not always appear. The comments appear when using Chrome. Is there a setting I need to change. Sometimes the comments appear and sometimes they don't.
- (2023-01-15, v:2022.12.27) Wanda Jensen: I need the duckduckgo email that was created.
I created a duckduckgo email for an Epic Times app and now I can't access it because I don't remember the email. How do i find out what the email is?
- (2023-01-10, v:2022.12.27) Rose-Marie Bowman: Default Search Engine
How do I set duckduckgo as my search engine? I've tried following all the listed instruction but am still not able to do it. Please help!
- (2023-01-09, v:2022.12.27) Ed Frease: Font size
The font on Duckduckgo suddenly became miniscule. I have tried changing font in settings to no avail. How can I get the large font back?
- (2023-01-08, v:2022.12.27) Linda Schaeffer: Chrome disables DuckDuckGo
Why does Chrome disable DuckDuckGo every night? How do I fix this? DuckDuckGo is my default search engine.
- (2023-01-04, v:2022.12.27) Ryan Rudnitsky: ADD "Disable for Specific Sites" in Extension Settings
DESCRIPTION: When I try to access Salesforce.com or OrgWiki.com, I get the following error and can't access it. I've rebooted the system several times and it works for a few times but eventually it comes back. I tried added the domain to the list of approved domains but no luck either. I need this to be able to create resources for my customers. It seems the only way to get this to work is to remove the DuckDuckGo extension. I don't want to do this because I love your product, but I need access to these parts of the site. SUGGESTION: In the Extension settings, just as you have "Allow specific sites" you should have "Disable for Specific Sites" therefore, the sites that are giving me problems, I can add to the "disable" section and the extension is disabled to inhibit that page's blocked responses but maintain for every other site I want.
- (2023-01-04, v:2022.12.27) Ryan Rudnitsky: Extension disables random parts of a site
DESCRIPTION: When I try to access Salesforce.com or OrgWiki.com, I get the following error and can't access it. I've rebooted the system several times and it works for a few times but eventually it comes back. I tried added the domain to the list of approved domains but no luck either. I need this to be able to create resources for my customers. It seems the only way to get this to work is to remove the DuckDuckGo extension. I don't want to do this because I love your product, but I need access to these parts of the site. SUGGESTION: Just as you have "Allow specific sites" you should have "disable for Specific Sites" therefore, the sites that are giving me problems, I can add to the "disable" section and the extension to inhibit that page but maintain for everything else. ERROR: Your browser privacy settings have prevented this page from showing some Visualforce content. To display this content you need to change your browser privacy settings to allow "Third Party" cookies from the domain okta--jbcxm.na152.visual.force.com. Alternatively, if your browser is Internet Explorer, you can add okta--jbcxm.na152.visual.force.com to your trusted sites list in the security options page.
- (2023-01-04, v:2022.12.27) Linda Schaeffer: Chrome Disables DuckDuckGo
Why does Chrome disable DuckDuckGo every night? How do I fix this? DuckDuckGo is my default search engine.
- (2022-12-31, v:2022.12.27) Yakufer: duck.com email address lookup
I need to verify my email address for sites. How do I do this?
- (2022-12-27, v:2022.12.12) Efrat Shmuelyan: לא מצליח להוריד את את המנוע חיפוש הזה למחשב שלי
שלום . אני לא מבין מדוע אני לא מצליח להוריד את המנוע חיפוש DuckDuckGo לעמוד הראשי שלי?
- (2022-12-23, v:2022.12.12) Charles OConnor: How do you send a duck.com email
Do you have to have a google email account to send an email with your duck.com address?
- (2022-12-22, v:2022.12.12) Joe Dawsey: 1099 for 2022
how do I get 2022 1099 for retired pay?
- (2022-12-15, v:2022.12.12) Judith Mersereau: Gmail Error
When clicking on eMail links to use my Gmail account I get "Temporary Error" Number 2 when extension DuckDuckGo extension is enabled. Disable and the error goes away.
- (2022-12-14, v:2022.12.12) Peter Byrne: bookmarks
where is my bookmarks
- (2022-11-27, v:2022.11.23.1) Jeff Cole: Cannot Log in to Medicare.gov.
Cannot log into Medicare.gov. Keep getting kicked back to the login page.
- (2022-11-27, v:2022.11.23.1) Peter Keber: Make DuckDuckGo default search engine
How do I set my default search engine and homepage to DuckDuckGo
- (2022-11-26, v:2022.11.23.1) Ken McKenzie: Bank logins?
If I have the Duck Duck extension enabled I have to go through two form login for my bank accounts. Is there a way to have a site recognize the browser so I only have to use the 'normal' login? Thanks
- (2022-11-23, v:2022.10.31) Deborah Kaller: Does Duck Duck Go9 block Java Script or is Duck Duck Go not compatible with Java Script??
I cannot backup Microsoft One Drive files because I receive a message that states that my browser (Duck Duck Go) does not support Java Script or may not be compatible with Java Script.
- (2022-11-20, v:2022.10.31) Lee: DuckDuckgo
ext. not compatable
- (2022-11-18, v:2022.10.31) Alistair Watts: Brave Browser --incognito
Hope the Link Allowed and If possible if you can Fix it Reason is: Yep, deactivating that extension worked. So much for “DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials” also know issue by Elwy and rretter also me too etc Link: https://community.brave.com/t/brave-private-window-will-not-open-unless-there-is-a-brave-normal-window-iteration-already-running-on-any-currently-open-windows-desktop/442632/6
- (2022-11-13, v:2022.10.31) J. Suthar: Black background, zwarte achtergrond
Waar kan ik de instelling vinden om de achtergrond van DuckDuckGo startpagina te veranderen in de kleur zwart, i.p.v. wit.
- (2022-11-07, v:2022.10.31) Robert Pizano: Video
I can get images but no video's.
- (2022-11-06, v:2022.10.31) John Phillips: Manifest is not valid JSON. Access denied.
Getting message: 'Manifest is not valid JSON. Access denied." when trying to add to Chrome.
- (2022-11-01, v:2022.8.25) Sue “Sioux” Sherratt: No emails are getting through
Ive checked spam etc and I just cannot get my duck email to work. My email is [email protected] . I deleted both google and duck and re installed and from that moment on my duck email is not working. I'd love some help to return it please In the meantime I'm using my old google account [email protected]
- (2022-10-26, v:2022.8.25) Guy Tolson: Yesterday my computer was hacked.
As soon as I saw what was happening I switched off. After I switched on again I got blank screens at first but later attempts restored the computer except for DDG. The image was too small to read. How do I restore it?
- (2022-10-23, v:2022.8.25) Melvin S.: White screen
When I install DDG and load it all I get is a white screen. I have to do a refresh before the Address screen will appear. When I type in a URL in the address line and press enter the URL I entered disappears and lakes leaves back at a blank address line again.
- (2022-10-19, v:2022.8.25) J: duckduck.com
dont know how to use my duckduck.com address
- (2022-10-17, v:2022.8.25) Marjorie Saraga: Language used for "Favorite Sites"
The notice about showing Favorite Sites is in Spanish and I need English
- (2022-10-15, v:2022.8.25) JIMBO: GOOGLE WON'T ALLOW ME TO ADD TO CHROME OR DOWNLOAD DYCKDUCKGO
GOOGLE WON'T ALLOW ME TO ADD TO CHROME OR DOWNLOAD DYCKDUCKGO
- (2022-10-13, v:2022.8.25) Daniel LEROY: Language
Est-il possible d'obtenir les explications de fonctionnement dans la barre d'outil en Français? Merci. Cordialement,
- (2022-10-11, v:2022.8.25) Ramona Morán Ruiz: No puedo descargar el DuckDuck a traves del chrome web!! creo que lo anula!! o bloquea
No puedo descargar el DuckDuck a traves del chrome web!! creo que lo anula!! o bloquea
- (2022-10-09, v:2022.8.25) Александр Морозов: установка из магазина расширений
не могу установить на Epic Privacy Browser Версия 91.0.4472.124 (Официальная сборка) пишет произошла ошибка - При добавлении продукта в Chrome произошла ошибка. Обновите страницу и повторите попытку. Скрыть подробности Invalid id
- (2022-10-06, v:2022.8.25) Richard Saunders: Does the installed extension update automatically?
Want the latest version.
- (2022-10-05, v:2022.8.25) ronnie k endre: duck go extension is installed
keep getting a popup to promp me to intall duck go extension. i am confused, is it working or not?
- (2022-09-27, v:2022.8.25) Jon Spencer: DuckDuckGo
Is Chrome blocking or altering the use of Duckduckgo.com on the Chrome network? If this is so, then this is very unethical. Can someone please give clear guidance on the use of DuckDuckGo on the Chrome network as it is clear that DuckDuckGo is being blocked or its users are unable to use duckduckgo.com on the Chrome network. Yours Faithfully Jon Spencer. [email protected]
- (2022-09-26, v:2022.8.25) Hudson Poissant: Enable safe search with Privacy Essentials?
Hi! I would like to use safe.duckduckgo.com to search instead of the default duckduckgo.com. Is this possible with the extension? Alternatively would it be possible to append a safe search parameter as shown in the documentation here: https://help.duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-help-pages/features/safe-search/ ? Thanks, Hudson
- (2022-09-25, v:2022.8.25) Sonane Rey: MAIL
COMO SE OBTIENE UNA DIRECCION DE EMAIL .DUCK
- (2022-09-23, v:2022.8.25) Chris Van Winkle: DDG Extension is blocking Screencastify
I cannot login with Google (the only option for Screencastify) if the DDG extension is enabled. Is there a solution for this?
- (2022-09-17, v:2022.8.25) chuck orem: DDG Privacy Essentials extension in Chrome incompatible with Paramount+ Streaming Service
The last few days Paramount+ streaming service has been giving me Error 4200 when I try to view content on Chrome, however it worked fine on Microsoft Edge. Today I drilled down on why, and started turning off extensions until it starting working on Chrome, the culprit was DDG Privacy Essentials. Turned all the extension back on except DDG Privacy Essentials, and Paramount+ continued to work. Is there a way to exclude DDG Privacy Essentials from working on a specific site?
- (2022-09-09, v:2022.8.25) Steven (Steven): Suggestion - Search Engine
Option to Disable automatic Search Engine change.
- (2022-09-03, v:2022.8.25) Kristin Bruan: adding the extension to chrome
every time i try to install it it says "could not move extension directory into profile." please advise!
- (2022-09-01, v:2022.8.25) John Turner: that other email that was more cryptic than the one I selected? How do i recover that?
When I set up my duckduckgo email (which is working perfectly! thanks), I was presented with an alternate that would work the same way ... something that looked pretty cryptic, and I must have copied it down incorrectly ... how can I recover that one? the main one is easy ... but .. but how do I recover the other one? thanks john turner
- (2022-09-01, v:2022.8.25) Donald Moore: Support
Could not move extension directory into profile. is the error I receive. But looking at the posts it doesn't seem like anyone is getting a response.
- (2022-09-01, v:2022.8.25) Judith Hayes: chromebook DDG extention not working
i have google chrome. i downloaded DDG browser 6 months ago and it worked perfectly however last week every time i ckick the DDG icon in my taskbar i get a blank white box and no way to type in a URL or anything. I have deleted the extension and redownloaded DDG several times but keep getting the same problem. It shows in taskbar but doesn't operate. can you please help?