Privacy, simplified. Protect your data as you search and browse. ***Permissions are to block hidden trackers lurking everywhere.***
- (2020-01-19) Evangelio Gonzalez: I love DuckDuckGo
- (2020-01-19) Camilo L.: Increíble ^^ se agradece enormemente la existencia de este tipo de software c:
- (2020-01-17) Javier Hidalgo: Lamentablemente tuve que eliminar la extensión porque no está totalmente traducida al español.
- (2020-01-15) HO GAME: good
- (2020-01-13) Helena Groberman: Поставила 2 звезды, потому что серьезно не поняла: они пишут, что не собирают никаких данных, а при установлении расширения хотят доступ к данным на сайтах, которые я посещала. Не поняла. Все равно все идет через аккаунт Гугл, есть имя, фамилия из аккаунта гугла. В чем конфиденциальность-то?
- (2020-01-12) Simon: A good tool in the fight against our Lord Google. Check out the Electronic Frontier Foundation, they're a digital rights nonprofit and they have good info and extensions like Privacy Badger and HTTPS Everywhere (which you should install now) Anything that hurts the bottom line helps. WebRTC Leak Prevent is another extension you should get. Oh and use a VPN. Or maybe just go use Mozilla or Tor.
- (2020-01-11) exwookie: Jeśli cenisz prywatność i masz dość śledzenia oraz budowania Twojego "profilu handlowego" dla największej agencji reklamowej świata to właśnie to rozszerzenie będzie pierwszym milowym krokiem by zacząć nowe świadome życie w sieci. Warto zapisać się na wyważony duckduck newsletter ;)
- (2020-01-10) Дмитрий Сташевский: Расширение блочит смену поисковика по умолчанию в конфигах хрома, и это нельзя отключить. Бред какой то...
- (2020-01-09) Kate King: Definitivo excelente, por fin lejos de todo seguimiento, y si quieres mas opciones en tu buscador solo sal, y busca en otro motor. ¡ R e c o m e n d a d í s i m o !
- (2020-01-07) Vonda Harwell: I love using this. I don't feel like someone is watching and checking out everything I am searching for now.
- (2020-01-05) Siddhant Gamer: the only tool everyone needs for online privacy protection to some extent ! I also encourage everyone to go & sign up for Duckduckgo's newsletter ; it's helpful.
- (2020-01-03) Jose Martinez: Sería una extensión de 5 estrellas pero en el momento que me obliga a usar su motor de busqueda en el Omnibox sin opción a cambiarlo se convierte en lo mismo de lo que tratan de librarte. ¡Usa mi servicio sí, o sí! si para utilizar otro buscador tengo primero que buscar su web para poder utilizarlo... lo siento pero son las mismas prácticas que utiliza google & company
- (2020-01-03) Jan Melník: I think this is good idea, to merge few extensions into one, BUT No one is going to use this, if typing maps.google.com will do search instead of opening (very specifically) requested website. I'm serious
- (2019-12-31) gustavosaaant gustavosaaant: GOOOOOOOOD
- (2019-12-28) Krystallen: Hey I have been using DuckDuckGo as a search engine for over a year now. Before that I've used DuckDuckGo seach site, instead of the extention, which until google Analytics made it impossible for anything sent on the net to be private anymore. The extention does take over certain parts of your chrome browser. And this is different depending on your device (PC/Mac/Mobile/Pad/other), because of the system featurs of the OS and hardware. >>>> I LOVE THIS EXTENSION!<<<<< Please note: (Developer, please correct me if I give any wrong info) What device, browser, its version and which update, you use, makes a HUGE difference. "Chrome", is the core and is NOT your "browser". Your "web-browser" is Google, Dragon, Safari, Chromium, Firefox, Opera, etc. It's not possible for even this engine to 100% protect you, but no search I've tried comes even close! This is NOT because of the extension. Using another search engine with this extension active: - If you want to use another search engine, like google, just go to www.google.com. And type in what you want to search. You are now using google search. Exactly the same as with Yahoo, Bing, Pornhub, Yandex, etc. The extension only protects you from what it says! Your default Search engine. DuckDuckGo can not protect users from their own(including mine) stupidity =). ----------------------------------------------------------- How do I know this? (Stop reading if you dont care....this will only give you a headache) ----------------------------------------------------------- The best mobile phone today, can not hold enough machine code (BIOS) to "Give" the same features any PC (whatever OS you have on it) thats stardard in all operating systems. - Mobile phone hardware = about the same >power< as PC hardware 2005 Mobile phone OS = Unknown, cause google (Android) and Iphone hides the core. (That should be impossible) - Mobile phone userFRIENDLY interface = VASTLY Superior over ANY OS on any PC/Server/Supercomputer/C64 While the worst mobile is more userfriendly then even Mac OSX, there is very little the user can do without an "app". This is good! To be able to drive a car, you shouldnt need to be a mechanic! However, mobile hardware/OS/apps is developing faster then any other technology, which opens up mobiles for serous security issues, because the users are used to not caring. Before I get internetkilled, a mobile OS does not need 50% of the features a PC needs. Because the mobile (Any brand), cant do these 50% "features". This is the reason why Apple OS always had 1 virus when Windows had 52,106,210. This is also the reason why no one wun the price for hacking a Mac OS10. Hacking a Windows PC, only got hard with Win 10. Before that, your 12 year old kid could do it. To the developers: You have deepest respect I've use comodos VPN where I choose to switch search engiee to the site default when I go to pages I have whitelisted. Chrome web store, is under DDG protection. www.google.com, is not. ;). (I want to be able to use other search enginees without turning off DDOs protection, when I kill the browser process.) Best Regard: Krystallen (Jonas)
- (2019-12-27) Lolography 00: So,pretty good so far I can just leave it on can forget but takes some time to get used to the interface which isn't very long. HOWEVER, my main issue is the calculator and conversions, they are completely wrong rendering them useless, for example simple functions with trig.
- (2019-12-27) Terry Alan Barker: Loved it but Google did something to break Gmail when Duckduckgo privacy essentials is enabled. Gmail folders open but emails do not open. Once I disabled DDG it works fine... so something is wrong with it. BTW its on all my devices this problem, not just one. Cheers. Hope it gets fixed, I cant use it with chrome if I cant use gmail...
- (2019-12-26) Konrad Malewski: Broke my search for image option. Good extension thou..
- (2019-12-21) Trudy Conway: I do love the search engine but when adding this extension, it makes DDG the default and it's tricky to change it. I just want the extension so that I can keep Google as the default, yet switch to DDG by hitting the extension button.
- (2019-12-20) Fi-Fi The Destroyer: I never knew I needed DuckDuckGo until I installed it. One feature that I really like is that if you used the website "ThemeBeta" to make a Custom Google Chrome theme, the DuckDuckGo extension will not remove the theme! You might need to wait for your "New Tab" to fully load before it shows up, but it works! Other than that the app does everything that it advertised.
- (2019-12-20) Jan Fuger: Several months ago, I asked my son what DuckDuckGo was and he said, "don't worry about what it is, just download it! Since then I know what it is, what it does, and that is great! Every time someone is going to look something up and they say, "let me Google it" and I tell them to DuckDuckGo it. Of course I get the usual look like I've just told them I'm from Mars but, I just say, take an extra minute, download it, and you'll never look back. So far, just about everyone I've told about it has downloaded it and loves it! Some of the people at church are in their 80's and use all the electronics most everyone else does, which is surprising. You would think they'd be set in their ways and not want to change, but no, not this group, they absolutely love DDG as much as I do. One octogenarian, when DDG is mentioned, her face lights up, her eyes twinkle, a big smile comes across her face, and she says, "I just love that there are no ads!" Every time. For me, I would hate looking something up and then go to another website, only to find an ad for what I was just looking, at staring me in the face! This is, in spite of setting Google to go "incognito." Are they trying to make us think that we're really not being tracked? I can't imagine what it would be if I weren't "incognito!" For me, there's no turning back, I am a born again web surfer.
- (2019-12-19) Andy Ng: Wow this is absolutely a good extension. I love it
- (2019-12-19) pra ratna: very good
- (2019-12-18) Manuel Rodrigues: Duck Duck Go is a suitable alternative to Google search. Love the blocking feature of hidden trackers. No more remarketing ads. Thank you! Another option I use is the Brave browser which has Duck Duck Go enabled by default along with the same great tracker blocking features.
- (2019-12-17) Slawek Z: Jeszcze nie wiem, dopiero zaczynam użytkować. ZOBACZYMY!
- (2020-01-18, v:2019.12.12) Matthew Stevens: Plugin crashes chrome
I've been having issues with being able to do a search from the address bar. As long as I have the DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials enabled on MacOS (Mojave and Catalina) it will crash Chrome. I've been able to reproduce this issue on several Macs. Clearing chrome data doesn't help only disabling this plugin. current version installed is 2019.12.12 and on Chrome 79
- (2020-01-13, v:2019.12.12) Jim Simmons: Bad stuff
Duckduck go keeps asking to add to Chrome; it's already added so why do I keep getting this message both on laptop and cell? Very annoying so may have to remove no matter how secure.
- (2020-01-09, v:2019.12.12) Mark Luo: Issue to access HTTP website
Since some time in the last December, My Chrome cannot open any HTTP website with DDG plugin enabled. Once the plugin is disabled, all the access issues go away. Any option to continue use DDG but allow access to HTTP websites?
- (2019-12-29, v:2019.12.12) Bet Nel: Settings
My settings are not saved. I had to reinstall Chrome & DDG after the failed Chrome 78/79 updates. Now I cannot get DDG to open seach results in a new window. All I get are tabs! Help!!!
- (2019-12-27, v:2019.12.12) alain Bosgiraud: DuckDuckGo
Bonjour, pourquoi mon téléchargement de DuckDuckGo ne démarre t-il pas rapidement ?
- (2019-12-23, v:2019.12.12) Elias Nasser: search history and privacy
Hi DDG Family, Greetings! I recently start using DDG as chrome extension, I taught it will hide all my search history. when I checked all my search history it will be displayed as before, and the web sites I visit also can be tracked. could you please clarify, If I add DDG on my chrome can it hide all my histories and websites or is it just a search engine? looking forward to hearing from you. With Regards!
- (2019-11-21, v:2019.9.12) Mary Lee Trayner: search line when using DuckDuckGo
Everytime I use DuckDuckGo the search entry line shows the first search, it always shows "Jacksonville Othopedic Institute" I have to delete that and type in search line what I want to search. Why is this happening? Also How Do I delete from my browser
- (2019-11-21, v:2019.9.12) ramu 729: problem
i am not getting information related stating the grade of the websites
- (2019-11-11, v:2019.9.12) Andrew Booth: Can't re-enable duckduckgo extension in Chrome
From today my default browser duckduckgo somehow was replaced with Bing. I found duckduckgo was somehow disabled, so I select to enable it and it fails with message "This item has been disabled in Chrome. Same message when reinstalling it.
- (2019-11-03, v:2019.9.12) Abhratej Sahoo: Omnibox search Crashing
Anytime I try to search from the Omnibox, the browser crashes. The dedicated search box on the new tab page still works fine. But the Omnibox does not.
- (2019-10-30, v:2019.9.12) Janice Scott: Can't access Duck Duck Go any longer
I added DDG to Chrome months ago. But then I noticed I was being sent directly to Google. Every time I got to the DDG website it tells me "this item has been disabled in Chrome. Enable this item." When I do, it just repeats the message.
- (2019-10-29, v:2019.9.12) Amy Eytchison: This item has been disabled in Chrome
Do I have to use a different browser to get to Duck Duck Go? Every time I try to add it, I get the message, "This item has been disabled in Chrome."
- (2019-10-28, v:2019.9.12) Michael Ward Jr: Motivation for the masses
Hello duck duck go admin I'm surprised that I'm just hearing about Duck Duck Go. I like what you system is about. I'm just surpised that you don't have something else that would motivate the masses to gravitate to DDG. Such as maybe buying out Xenzu and merge it with DDG keeping those features that'll enhance immencely. You sould also consider cryptotab as well. One is a search engine as well and the other is a social media platform. Point is; both pay thier members to use thier systems.There are other programs that are similer. You get the point. I realize you can stand on your own with what you already have. Wouldn't it be better to entice potential member with a double whammy of benefits Just something to think about. I look forward to your response and hope to hear from you soom. Yourt friend, Michael
- (2019-10-23, v:2019.9.12) Shuchi Mehta: Failed Server problem - Chrome Extension
Can't download Duck Duck Go when trying to download it for Chrome Extension. Download is being blocked for some reason
- (2019-10-15, v:2019.9.12) S B: New tab in Chrome
Sometime last night Google changed coding in Chrome. I use DuckDuckGo as an extension in Chrome. Chrome keeps kicking it out. It also goes to Google's search page now when I click on a new tab instead of your search engine.
- (2019-10-14, v:2019.9.12) Jonathan B.: a browser
love using the browser on my cell phone. is it possible to develop an actual browser for the PC?