The most efficient way to use your favourite search engines. Search selected text, use customizable hotkeys and much more.
- (2019-11-29) Saeed Daneshi: useful
- (2019-11-26) Ali Hemmati: The extension is great and so applicable. Thanks the author.
- (2019-11-13) Wind Dancer: Jacob, From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your hard work to make this extension. I understand what it takes to get something 'just right'. This extension is simply fantastic. Every-time I try and say more, it comes back to "thank you" and "fantastic". It is so highly customizable that it is a journey every time I use it, As a language learner, it is indispensable. For continued understanding of my primary language, it goes beyond definitions. The 'journey' is because I can start with a word, grow it to an idea and wind up in Wikipedia learning a lot of related information and more, all with a couple of clicks. The speech to text is heaven. So again, Jacob, 'thank you' for 'fantastic'! And thank you for your choice to donate and support 'Against Malaria'.
- (2019-11-07) Edison Soares de Lima: Today is the best extension for keyword search and highlighting. Congratulations! Your Firefox extension, pleeeeeeeeease !!!!!
- (2019-11-06) Bebe Robinson: This extension is amazing. It saves so much time. I have it at the top right side, always open if possible and I can search anything in seconds. I set it to open in background tabs so I can do many searches at the same time. I use it on Chrome and Brave browsers and it always works! What a gem. Thank you!
- (2019-10-26) Yancy Zhao: I appreciate it~~~
- (2019-10-21) Jenny Ford: I love this extension, it works great. I have one suggestion though. To make it optional as to whether to use only one or multiple search engines on the bar at the same time. For instance let's say I have both Google search and Yahoo search on my SearchBar, then I think I should be able to click both Google and Yahoo search and put in my search say it's "where to go square dancing" then both results from both of those engines would both come up at the same time and I think I should be able to choose as many or as little search engines to use simultaneously as I want to. Or I can choose just one search engine if I want. All I suggest is to make that optional.
- (2019-10-16) Serge Shevchik: Отличное дополнение.
- (2019-09-20) Snow Rabbit Express: 最近不具合が多い。ショートカットからSearchBarを起動しようとしても、起動しなかったり、一瞬で消えてしまう事が多い。あと、Highlight Searchがうまく機能しない。探してる文字は色分けはされるけど、探してる文字まで移動しない。
- (2019-09-19) E G: Genial! Danke!!!
- (2019-09-04) Ryse Reed: Works out of the box yet highly customizable, haven't found any better solution for hotkeyed custome search. I literally stayed with Chrome just for this extension
- (2019-08-06) Julian Hopkins: Very handy little tool. You can add your own favourite websites - I use it for a thesaurus, a dictionary, Google Scholar and a couple of others
- (2019-06-10) J. J. Starr: perfect way to organize your favorite searches with smart features to boot!
- (2019-05-05) Gabi Franz: Great tool!!
- (2019-03-14) 千千万万道不明: 嘤嘤嘤... 希望添加侧边栏...
- (2019-01-15) Natasha Bass: I've been using it for 6 years, I think... I moved from Windows to Mac and almost forgot that this little tool is a custom Chrome extension. Very helpful (for work), reliable and never caused any troubles. It does it's job so good I may have an addiction to it.
- (2019-01-10) Omen Frankfurt: It got many options, but I can't embed it into the browser's toolbars. Why? Is this still not possible with web extensions? Why does all Software go the bad router?
- (2019-01-10) John Paul: useless
- (2019-01-02) Ciaràn: It only recognises my default search engine. Tried it on both Chromium and Google. My other favourite search engines are ecosia and duckduckgogo. I went into advanced settings. There were icons to add google, youtube and wikipedia. I did. No change. Thus, useless extension. Deleted. A pity - I'll stick with using Firefox and Vivaldi
- (2018-12-23) Judith Awino: Good chrome extension but i gave it a rating of 4 out of possible 5 because one needs to install it from the chrome web store instead of it being integrated on chrome.
- (2018-11-18) Standard User: Amazing extension! Just 2 feature suggestions: 1. Option to position SearchBar next to mouse cursor, not only on the screen corners. 2. Add buttons for copying and translating selected text.
- (2018-11-10) Lively Jim: A great extension that you use often, reducing keyboard typing and the number of mouse clicks. 非常棒的扩展插件，经常使用它，减少了键盘打字的工作和点击鼠标的次数。
- (2018-11-07) Spirit Fly: A MASSIVE time saver! I love SearchBar! So well made, so though of! I couldn't think of a better way of developing an app for this purpose. It should have a counter that shows how much time you saved daily just for fun! :) AWESOME TOOL! Will donate now, because it is a miracle how it can be a free extension!
- (2018-11-04) Shahab Uddin: Outstanding
- (2018-10-09) Дмитрий Табанов: Приложение однозначно лучшее из подобных, но у меня у одного антивирус ESET стал удалять расширение, сообщая, что оно содержит вирус?
- (2019-11-22, v:0.11.7) Ryan Zupko: SearchBar not displaying on Edge chromium
Hello, first off, your extension is amazing and I've been telling others about it. Just recently, SearchBar has not been displaying on Edge chromium. I'm using Version 80.0.334.2 (Official build) dev (64-bit). Clicking on the SearchBar icon only displays a small white square below the icon. If there is something that I can do to resolve this, please let me know.
- (2019-11-11, v:0.11.7) Nagesh Aras: Once we select a search string, provide an option to launch the search automatically
Hi It would be great to have an option where we can launch the search as soon as we select a text string. This auto-search would need the user to identify a website beforehand (include "same website" option). Show the results in a new tab by default.
- (2019-11-11, v:0.11.7) Nagesh Aras: Option to add double quotes at the start and end of the selected string
Hi SearcBar has saved a lot of time for me. Thanks a lot! I almost always need to search for the whole string that I select (not any/all of the words). For that, I have to always enclose the selected string in double quotes manually (" "). Can you please provide a sub-option, so that the SearchBar automatically adds a double quote (") at the start and end of the search string? Thanks in advance!
- (2019-10-04, v:0.11.6) Abdulaziz Al-Ghofaily: new tab after the Current active tab ?! .. & context menu ?!
hi Jacob thank you for the handy amazing extension it's realy helpful .. is there option to Open new Tab background/foreground Next or after the Current active tab because currently its opening in last tab is there solution for this ? .. and is there option to enable the search engines inside the context menu ( right click ) ? if not ? can you add it it will give extra feature to your extension because right now i'm using other context menu extension but if you add it will be helpful .. thank you again for your work
- (2019-09-27, v:0.11.6) meloe trisw: In next update
If SearchBar will be updated soon, please consider to find a fix for what I mentioned before. Thank you.
- (2019-09-21, v:0.11.6) אור הושמנד: More & better layouts
In the current layout SearchBar takes such a lot of space from the page because of wrapping lines. Instead, I want you to add more possible layouts that take less space: * One search button with its icon and a drop down menu to change the search type (this one I want to be combine-able with other layouts. * Horizontally scrolling buttons, when there is not enough space for all buttons they will scroll horizontally with a horizontal scrollbar, instead of wrapping lines. * Custom limit of number of lines.
- (2019-09-20, v:0.11.6) meloe trisw: What happened suddenly
I used to highlight a word, then I click on three search sites, each one open in a new tab. But Today suddenly, SearchBar disappear after one click on search site. So I have to highlight the word again and search the other site everytime!! Why???
- (2019-09-19, v:0.11.6) Robert Berkhout: searchsafe
google seatch is being blocked by ''searchsafe'' how to remove searchsafe? thx!
- (2019-07-28, v:0.11.6) ВАСЯ пупкин: Прошу Вас, уберите иконку со знаком вопроса во всплывающей версии.
Сейчас стал чаще ей пользоваться, а ненужный значок раздражает. Заранее спасибо.
- (2019-07-10, v:0.11.6) Yan Tsirklin: Interesting in earning some incremental revenue
Would you be interested in earning some incremental revenue without running ads. email me [email protected]