The most efficient way to use your favourite search engines. Search selected text, use customizable hotkeys and much more.
- (2020-07-17) Lubo Lanator: Great extension with a multitude of settings.
- (2020-03-23) HUAN JOSEPH: love it
- (2020-03-11) dj: good!
- (2020-02-29) Laura Joe: the best extension i used so far among many, this needs to be popular
- (2020-02-24) Alise Belcher: Remember when internet users would cringe at the sight of extraneous menu bars in a browser? Well, this is one you actually want. Infinitely customizable (I even made my own icons) and endlessly usable, SearchBar has personalized my internet experience which I haven't experienced since the days of AOL. Yes, I said it. The AOL interface seemed (albeit clunky) seemed individualized. Anyways, you should support this because he donates the money to a malaria foundation.
- (2020-01-18) Sunsetman Tulio: Nagyon szeretem.
- (2020-01-10) Snow Rabbit Express: 一部サイトで、検索結果が文字化けを起こします。 Androidのアプリで、これと同じようなアプリを使ってるけど、 そのアプリだと、同じSearch urlでも文字化けを起こさないです。
- (2019-12-25) Kym Campbell: Amazing. the advanced custom searches that allow you to replace "%s" in desired URLs with your search query is SOO AMAZING for being able to automatically go to specific webpages Before i got my macbook i used AutoHotKeys (AHK) to do essentially the same thing, but then found out that there was no AHK for mac and no programs that were even similar. But then I discovered your chrome extension and made my day!!! saves soooo much time. TYYYY
- (2019-12-15) MD Jubayer Ahmmed Riyad: It's really save my time. Thank You very much.
- (2019-12-12) banality: Really really good!
- (2019-11-29) Saeed Daneshi: useful
- (2019-11-26) Ali Hemmati: The extension is great and so applicable. Thanks the author.
- (2019-11-13) Wind Dancer: Jacob, From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your hard work to make this extension. I understand what it takes to get something 'just right'. This extension is simply fantastic. Every-time I try and say more, it comes back to "thank you" and "fantastic". It is so highly customizable that it is a journey every time I use it, As a language learner, it is indispensable. For continued understanding of my primary language, it goes beyond definitions. The 'journey' is because I can start with a word, grow it to an idea and wind up in Wikipedia learning a lot of related information and more, all with a couple of clicks. The speech to text is heaven. So again, Jacob, 'thank you' for 'fantastic'! And thank you for your choice to donate and support 'Against Malaria'.
- (2019-11-07) Edison Soares de Lima: Today is the best extension for keyword search and highlighting. Congratulations! Your Firefox extension, pleeeeeeeeease !!!!!
- (2019-11-06) Bebe Robinson: This extension is amazing. It saves so much time. I have it at the top right side, always open if possible and I can search anything in seconds. I set it to open in background tabs so I can do many searches at the same time. I use it on Chrome and Brave browsers and it always works! What a gem. Thank you!
- (2019-10-26) Yancy Zhao: I appreciate it~~~
- (2019-10-21) Jennifer F: I love this extension, it works great. I have one suggestion though. To make it optional as to whether to use only one or multiple search engines on the bar at the same time. For instance let's say I have both Google search and Yahoo search on my SearchBar, then I think I should be able to click both Google and Yahoo search and put in my search say it's "where to go square dancing" then both results from both of those engines would both come up at the same time and I think I should be able to choose as many or as little search engines to use simultaneously as I want to. Or I can choose just one search engine if I want. All I suggest is to make that optional.
- (2019-10-16) Serge Shevchik: Отличное дополнение.
- (2019-09-19) E G: Genial! Danke!!!
- (2019-09-04) Ryse Reed: Works out of the box yet highly customizable, haven't found any better solution for hotkeyed custome search. I literally stayed with Chrome just for this extension
- (2019-08-06) Julian Hopkins: Very handy little tool. You can add your own favourite websites - I use it for a thesaurus, a dictionary, Google Scholar and a couple of others
- (2019-06-10) John J Starr: perfect way to organize your favorite searches with smart features to boot!
- (2019-05-05) Gabi Franz: Great tool!!
- (2019-03-14) 千千万万道不明: 嘤嘤嘤... 希望添加侧边栏...
- (2019-01-15) Natasha Bass: I've been using it for 6 years, I think... I moved from Windows to Mac and almost forgot that this little tool is a custom Chrome extension. Very helpful (for work), reliable and never caused any troubles. It does it's job so good I may have an addiction to it.
- (2020-07-24, v:0.11.7) Mari Nello: SearchBar
When you click on the add-on icon and then the SearchBar bar appears, the text box should be focused (active) immediately in order to be able to enter the search term.
- (2020-07-19, v:0.11.7) SR: Donation to a charity
Hi Jacob, thanks for the tool! It's easily the best extension out there. I was about to donate something to you for your efforts (the thing I hardly ever do) then I noticed you waste your donations to some useless "charity" so you defiantly do not need my financial support. See,being a virtue signalling SJW does not always pay (literally) Regards Steve
- (2020-07-17, v:0.11.7) Lubo Lanator: Typing cursor does not appear within the bar
Hello, I have used your SearchBar for... ages and suddenly there is a problem with the absence of typing cursor after I use my preset hotkey Ctrl-E. The bar appears but I have to click into it for the cursor to appear. I have tried disabling/enabling the extension, rebooting Win7 (and Chrome 84.0.4147.89). It is strange because the behavior appeared suddenly, about 2 hrs ago.
- (2020-07-16, v:0.11.7) אור הושמנד: Rich Entity Suggestions
Can you put rich entity suggestions with pictures and descriptions in the suggestion in SearchBar?
- (2020-06-16, v:0.11.7) David Strauss: Cursor in Search Bar
Is there a way to set the cursor in the search bar after invoking the shortcut?
- (2020-06-04, v:0.11.7) Dan Baboulene: Full Fact Search Bar
Hey Jacob, I've noticed a lot of misinformation on the internet recently, and I was thinking your application could really help people discern the facts from the truth in a quick and easy way! I was wondering if you would consider helping me to create a 'full fact.org' specific search bar that enables people to quickly search the full fact.org website? So you would just install a 'full fact.org' search bar application which immediately becomes a clickable icon? Let me know thoughts would be so great to hear from you, Dan
- (2020-05-28, v:0.11.7) Edgar Roock: Use + sign instead of %20?
Hi, is there a way to force the concatenation of search strings to come out as https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/search_result.php?q=search+text instead of https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/search_result.php?q=search%20text because the former creates problem when going back in the browser history on this particular site. Thanks
- (2020-05-21, v:0.11.7) Europa BGJ: Doesn't work with SearchEngine DuckDuckGo
With DuckDuckGo--the representation is a general search window for DuckDuckGo. Response is: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=&atb=v172-1
- (2020-05-21, v:0.11.7) Amelia Salvati: How do I access Recipes
I cannot access thissite
- (2020-05-10, v:0.11.7) untildawn tgs: You have too many custom searches
Unable to save: You have too many custom searches (8240 bytes used, up to 8192 bytes allowed). please fix it. already after only 10...
- (2020-03-26, v:0.11.7) P eter: buy you a coffee
If your team needs coffee, I would like to buy you ones. Since it fits so so so much for my needs.
- (2020-03-17, v:0.11.7) dale wessell: time setting
versa 2 how do i set the time on my device
- (2020-03-17, v:0.11.7) dale wessell: set time
versa 2 set the time
- (2020-03-17, v:0.11.7) dale wessell: time setting
how to set time on a versa 2
- (2020-03-12, v:0.11.7) Md. Nahidul Alam Chowdhury: Feature request
May you add a shortcut such as pressing ; to focus the cursor into search bar of currently visitng web page?(not your search bar)
- (2020-03-10, v:0.11.7) fa m: I want to set "find in page" as default
When pressing Enter-key, the first search engine is automatically selected, but "find in page" cannot be first.
- (2020-02-27, v:0.11.7) Itay Bitman: partnership request for your extension
Itay Bitman <[email protected]> 3:22 PM (16 minutes ago) to f.dark.theme Hi Team, I have seen your extension and think you have done a great job. Perion (codefuel) is a strategic distribution partner of Microsoft Bing and we have vast experience working specifically with extensions like yours. Our special partnership with Bing allows us to provide the best search revenues out there period. I would like to further discuss adding Bing search monetization to your extension, and would appreciate if you could advise a good time to discuss. My contact details are below thanks! Itay -- Itay Bitman Partnerships Manager T +972-73-3981276 M +972-50-4605068 www.codefuel.com
- (2020-01-29, v:0.11.7) Mitchell Langs: whitespace as +
How do I encode a whitespace in my search term as + instead of %20?
- (2020-01-28, v:0.11.7) Md. Nahidul Alam Chowdhury: multiple search same time
How can I search a term in multiple search engine simultaneously by clicking one button?
- (2019-12-31, v:0.11.7) Kenneth Rubin: I an a registered user. I have logged in. How do I file a new age discrimination complaint?
I need to file a new age discrimination complaint, but there is no link key to do so.
- (2019-12-31, v:0.11.7) Steven Haynes: Mozilla
Do you have this program for Mozilla Firefox?
- (2019-11-22, v:0.11.7) Ryan Zupko: SearchBar not displaying on Edge chromium
Hello, first off, your extension is amazing and I've been telling others about it. Just recently, SearchBar has not been displaying on Edge chromium. I'm using Version 80.0.334.2 (Official build) dev (64-bit). Clicking on the SearchBar icon only displays a small white square below the icon. If there is something that I can do to resolve this, please let me know.
- (2019-11-11, v:0.11.7) Nagesh Aras: Once we select a search string, provide an option to launch the search automatically
Hi It would be great to have an option where we can launch the search as soon as we select a text string. This auto-search would need the user to identify a website beforehand (include "same website" option). Show the results in a new tab by default.
- (2019-11-11, v:0.11.7) Nagesh Aras: Option to add double quotes at the start and end of the selected string
Hi SearcBar has saved a lot of time for me. Thanks a lot! I almost always need to search for the whole string that I select (not any/all of the words). For that, I have to always enclose the selected string in double quotes manually (" "). Can you please provide a sub-option, so that the SearchBar automatically adds a double quote (") at the start and end of the search string? Thanks in advance!
- (2019-10-04, v:0.11.6) Abdulaziz Al-Ghofaily: new tab after the Current active tab ?! .. & context menu ?!
hi Jacob thank you for the handy amazing extension it's realy helpful .. is there option to Open new Tab background/foreground Next or after the Current active tab because currently its opening in last tab is there solution for this ? .. and is there option to enable the search engines inside the context menu ( right click ) ? if not ? can you add it it will give extra feature to your extension because right now i'm using other context menu extension but if you add it will be helpful .. thank you again for your work