Speeds up your searches on many websites through the use of custom shortcut words and using context-menu.
Instant Search is here to help you to increase your productivity by speeding up searches on many various websites. Faster searching is achieved by enabling custom shortcut words, that define which website should be searched. From now on you don't have to go to e.g. Amazon website to enter your search query there. Just type your search query starting with letter "a" (following with a space) to the address bar and the search will be done directly on Amazon's website! To open site's homepage enter just shortcut letter following with space (e.g. "a " for Amazon) Another new way of searching many different websites is using context-menu. After you select some text on any website, use right click to open context-menu and choose the website you want the text selected to be searched for. Easy as that! Optimising productivity has never been simpler.
- (2015-06-23) Diego Junquera Méndez: Lamentablemente Google ya no permite la configuración, por lo que el valor de esta aplicación se ha reducido en gran manera. :-(( ¿Hay alguna alternativa actualmente? (junio 2015)
- (2014-05-10) Ferhat Ozel: magnificent, soooooooooooooooo useful
- (2014-03-06) Rowan Burgess: I dislike it, but I'll have to use it as there doesn't seem to be an alternative. The problems: 1. It only seems to work ~20% of the time when using the URL bar shortcuts 2. I do not want to open my (right click) search in the existing tab, I want my search in a new tab. Surely it's common sense to do it this way? 3. You can't add your own search URLs Needs some work. The Firefox instant search addon is much better, this just needs to replicate it. So frustrating
- (2013-07-29) Josh Tratt: Works well, but needs ability to put in customised URLs. The only options comprise of a pre-made list.
- (2013-03-19) BigBen: this app helped me to be few seconds ahead in every search... since I do alot of in website searches such as youtube and IMDB...
- (2012-12-09) Sophie W: The closest thing I could find for chrome to InstantFox for Firefox. VERY useful.
- (2012-09-11) Fred Fan: It is a nice tool, greatly speed up my search
- (2012-09-11) Rhen Bovi: This plugin is so far one of the most useful things I've added to chrome. I love the ability to precede my search with as little as one extra letter and have it search amazon, eBay, iMDB, or google images/news. It's so unintrusive and does what you want it to. I highly recommend! Thank you!
- (2014-09-23, v:1.1) Mark Elliott: Add custom sites
InstantFox allows me to add a custom site with at custom shortcut to search, can you include this feature?
4.1 (8 votes)
Last update / version
2012-09-25 / 1.1