Right click on selected text to search on multiple search engines for Chrome. Supports grouping engines, incongito, and more.
It's simple: select some text, right click, and search on your preferred search engines. Configuring your search engines is very easy: There are multiple pre-configured search engines to pick from (like Amazon, BBC, CNN, etc.) plus you can add any other you might like. To add new search engines, follow instructions in the Help section of the Options page. Once a new search engine is configure, it will show up the next time you select some text in your browser, right click and go to the Simple = Select + Search menu option. I'ts my first public extension. I hope you like it. Please, be adviced: the usage of this extension is being tracked by Google Analytics. It also tracks which search engines are the most used by users, so I can then be able to add them to the featured Search Engines list. The extension does not track the identity of its user, nor what terms they're looking for. Only the search URL syntax is being recorded. This information won't be shared with third parties.
- (2020-10-05) Xiangyu Tang: No longer works as of Oct. 2020. Search in google does not work anymore.
- (2019-11-04) Peter Beckley: Great add-on! Once configured and customized, it's one of the most powerful upgrades you can do for Chrome. The drag-and-drop is a bit wonky, and sometimes it mysteriously eats rows or duplicates them. A bit frustrating so I hope it's looked at and fixed in an upcoming update.
- (2019-08-20) Mart Männik: Tried to find an alternative to the fantastic Multi Search 4.5.4 (which google has now removed for some idiotic reason...) failed again. This one here has a silly UX flaw - hiding the "search all" option inside a group to the end of the list so you need to hover and hover and hover... waste of time. It should work by clicking the group name.
- (2019-01-13) Anarkidedk: just what I looked for! I created a simple hardcoded plugin myself to a specific webpage and thought about just what "Simple = Select + Search" is. So saved me a lot of work ;) even if it would have been fun. The options user interface is great. Thanks for that nice plugin.
- (2019-01-12) Göran Ingvarsson: I have used this extension...extensively for some 4-5 years and it is one of two Chrome extensions I cannot imagine being without (AdBlock being the other). It gives me one-click access to a great number of search engines, most of which I have added myself. This possibility to 1. easily add your preferred engines and 2. save/restore the configuration (invaluable when reinstalling Chrome) are two of its best features. Kudos to you Diego!
- (2018-06-05) Sam Alter: Does exactly what it is supposed to, the feature of import/export config give you the opportunity to add more search engines on your own if you know what I mean... :p Great Work Developer....
- (2018-05-18) Lahcen El ahmadi: Trop de niveaux ! Jaimerai 1click selection direct plus rapide racourci clavier à y penser ☺☻
- (2018-04-29) Mdkamalhossaien Hossaien: wwww.facebok.com
- (2018-04-19) Do Nguyen: BEST search tools over the globe
- (2018-04-12) Julio Castro: AWESOMEEEE!
- (2018-02-21) Pedro Henrique Peixoto: I would love to see a feature that would allow to trigger multiple search engines with a single click.
- (2018-01-16) Mustafa Şerif: Impressive! In a later version, it may also have the option of adding an icon in front of the site or group names. :)
- (2017-11-09) Sy-Hung Doan: Really good !
- (2017-10-02) Bot Bit: Good
- (2017-09-20) TR_BrS Belgeselci: Google maps search url: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&q=%s
- (2017-06-23) Eugene Pro: Really nice extension that doesn't require any permissions unlike others. Only lacks possibility to make selected search engines top-level.
- (2017-01-22) Art Archer: thank you sir but some search engines url has changed and need update it doesn't work any more like torrentz2 kickass tbp and will you make url to search in google videos like google images and youtube it will be great thank you
- (2016-11-29) rafael simao: o melhor que achei, voce pode colocar o motor de busca que quiser e pode dividir por categorias.
- (2016-06-19) Jimmy O'Kennedy: Very useful to add these features. Works very well
- (2016-06-04) subrasc: the best serach extension period
- (2016-05-21) Nerissa Belcher: Works great and easy to configure.
- (2016-05-10) Souvik Biswas: unfortunately not what i'm looking for....i dont want it to go to another page .i want it to show the short result of selected text within the webpage.
- (2016-04-16) Mudassar Qayyum: Best extention ever.
- (2016-03-25) Green Apple: this is what i need and it's working perfectly
- (2016-03-25) ABDELOUAHAB CHARAALLAH: peace of advise rename your extension to start with A not S to be the first in the context menu search.
- (2019-11-15, v:0.4.1) daa25209: orden de búsqueda
cambiar el orden de búsqueda es un sinDios, al mover los motores de búsqueda se elimina el anterior o el que estás moviendo o vuelven a aparecer si los vuelves a cambiar dependiendo del orden...
- (2019-07-11, v:0.4.1) funkeywoookey: Thank You
Just wanted to drop you a line a thank you for this extension. We use Chrome exclusively at work and run 50+ searches a day through various systems. Your extension is an extreme time saver!
- (2018-08-20, v:0.4.1) Andrew Moran: Configuration file
Which file on the disk actually stores the additions you've made, e.g. adding search engines. I know I can export the configuration manually, but I want to be able to restore it from a backup when it becomes corrupted and I lose all of my search engines (which happens more often than I'd like). I've looked everywhere including the Extension directories in ~/Library/Application Support/Google Chrome//Extensions/ and nothing changes if I modify the SSS config
- (2018-05-30, v:0.4.1) Andrew Moran: Losing and restoring configuration
Hi there Diego, I absolutely love your extension. I use it so many times a day I can't count. Great work. However, every so often, my configuration (which is quite large) disappears! I'm aware you can back it up, but I tend to get lazy or misplace where I put it. I'm on a Mac with Time Machine running and I _think_ I've managed to figure out where the SSS directory is (~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Extensions/$RANDOM/$VERSION) But I can't find the file which contains my customizations. If I add a custom search (say JB Hifi) to the new default configuration and run: host:0.4.1_0 alm$ find . | xargs grep -r jbhifi It returns nothing. So to wind it up, where does SSS store customized search configurations so I can restore it from a Time Machine backup? Regards, -Andrew.
- (2018-03-29, v:0.4.1) Razza Shaikh: search
sheikha from karachi nazimabad
- (2018-03-29, v:0.4.1) Razza Shaikh: search
sheikha from karaachi nazimabad
- (2018-03-19, v:0.4.1) Mr.X: Development halted
Last build was March 22, 2015. It seems the author has stopped its development.
- (2018-02-24, v:0.4.1) Mahmoud Abdullah: Shortcuts
Is it available to add shortcuts to groups or search everywhere instead of right click?
- (2018-02-11, v:0.4.1) LEE R. HALE: sonia williams
who is this person
- (2017-12-05, v:0.4.1) ABIL GRAL: OTHER CHROME CLONES WEBSTORES.
Hello, Is It Possible To Add This Extension To The WebStores Of Other CHROME Clones, Like The New OPERA ? Thank You.