Search Wikipedia in every language from the address bar and context menu.
This extension adds Wikipedia searching capabilities to web browsers. To perform a search, just type 'wiki' in your browser's address bar, then a space, then the name of the article you want. Live suggestions from Wikipedia are displayed as you type. You can also highlight any word or phrase on the web, and an option to search in Wikipedia will appear in the context menu. Your device's language is used as the default for searches, but you can also change it to any of the 300+ languages supported by Wikipedia. Wikipedia is a trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikipedia Search is in no way affiliated with Wikipedia or the Wikimedia Foundation.
- (2021-03-20) Raza Lakhani: Basic Search with 'wiki' is no longer working. I'm not sure but may be due to the introduction of "wiki settings" feature the extension gets confused. The Basic Search is a very nice and handy feature. Kindly make it work again. Thanks.
- (2021-02-10) Marilyn Devick: Only issue is that when you try to search for an article that begins with the word "new", it then overrides the english default and automatically searches in the Newari language, which I don't know or need to search for articles in. please fix this.
- (2020-11-19) JOSE Cuesta Martínez: muy practica i sencilla de manejar
- (2020-08-04) Lila Nedaria: This is fantastic and very helpful ! Quickly access those golden nuggets on Wikipedia
- (2020-07-30) Edgardo Adriano: Loved it, very useful to search within a page. Muy bueno! puedes buscar un término solo con hacer clic derecho en cualquier parte. Recomendado.
- (2020-04-11) Caleb Devick: My most used chrome extension, it's incredibly helpful and so easy to use. The only reason I give it four stars is that it has a feature where you can override the search language by typing the Wikipedia prefix before your search, which you can't turn off, annoyingly. This presents an error when looking for an article which starts with the word "new" such as new york city or new zealand (etc) since the word new is apparently the language prefix for the Newari language. I wish you could turn this feature off since I never search in other languages, and links to the article in another language are already listed on the sidebar, so if I ever do want to look at one, I can just click that.
- (2020-03-23) Canan Kalkancıoğlu: Good
- (2020-02-08) It's so useful by displaying suggestion, and I think it'd be better if it can open a new tab automatically when I press ‘Enter’ to search.
- (2020-01-18) Chat Box: This is a great extension for anyone who needs to quickly lookup info on Wiki. Thank you. Very simple and easy to use
- (2019-12-23) Kramp Motika: Why it stopped working on vista?
- (2019-12-23) king jones: Great!!! Easy to use. And getting to Wikipedia is great
- (2019-07-23) Eyder A. Rodriguez: Muy buena.
- (2019-04-20) Rosj Westwood: Wikipedia is knowledge in its entirety that builds and builds i like it.
- (2019-03-26) John Connor: Completely misleading donation request pretending to be the "real" wikipedia . . I consider this a scam to obtain monies under false pretences
- (2019-03-26) Liam Gold: Quite decent
- (2019-03-24) Berry: This so awesome that I can just type "wiki" and then type the thing I want to learn about. Now I don't have to go scrolling around to find the Wikipedia.
- (2018-09-23) Tekahide Cain: all it does is show me the wikipedia settings. no search at all.waste of an extension
- (2018-09-21) Kevin Kelly: It's good if you use wikipedia in one language predominantly. I often search in different languages and there's no quick way to switch languages between searches.
- (2018-07-18) Tony Robbins: of a great deal of use.
- (2018-07-09) Taller Sanchez: probandola
- (2018-06-29) The only search results I get is those from my default search engine, duckduckgo. Top results from duckduckgo usually includes wikipedia so I guess I don't need an extension that does nothing.
- (2018-06-15) just sayin: very handy!
- (2018-05-29) EXTLand Support: Hello. I am a representative of EXTLand that deals with solutions in the field of monetization of browser extensions. We provide 6 types of monetization, each of which has proved to be highly effective. Depending on your needs, we can offer flexible and most beneficial terms for mutual cooperation, as well as individually adjust the monetization method from soft to tougher. We are working absolutely on all GEO and we are carefully selecting advertising. We want to pay your attention to the fact that the EXTLand system does not conflict with other partner programs, so you can easily earn extra income. If you are interested in our offer or have any questions or suggestions, please contact us. Skype: live:extland Email: [email protected]
- (2018-03-11) Oliver Dester: Einfach und schnell - klasse
- (2017-11-11) Manish Kumar: this is amazing for everyone ...
- (2017-10-01) Aurel Nicolae: ok
- (2017-09-21) Jesus Arellano: muy bueno gracias
- (2017-08-17) Daniel Bomar: Works well
- (2017-07-13) Brett Robson: Requires you to type "wiki" to do a search.
- (2017-05-03) Necip Sade: ok
- (2017-04-14) Miroslav Denic: amazing
- (2017-04-10) for free?
- (2017-03-30) Benoît Coutu: Stopped working for some reasons.
- (2016-12-14) Yulia M: slowing up the page load
- (2016-09-01) Ian Yakubovski: то что нужно!
- (2016-06-01) Ngoc Dao: R7score
- (2019-04-17, v:9.1) Steven Killeen: Remove search engine...
Option to remove 'Wikipedia Search' as a browser search engine.
- (2019-02-08, v:9.0) Anthony DeVito: Search not working
When I type "wiki" into the search bar, the usual prompt comes up. But when I submit my search, I get a "Your file was not found" error. Here is an example link of what is being put into the search bar: chrome-extension://lipakennkogpodadpikgipnogamhklmk/NaN.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?search=huf
- (2018-08-22, v:9.0) Thomas Browne: Search not working
WHenever I type in Wiki and see the wikipedia search box to the left of the search bar, it returns this message Your file was not found It may have been moved or deleted. ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND This occurs whatever I have searched for, is there anything I can do?
- (2018-03-08, v:9.0) Julian Games Waligóra: język
a język polski
- (2018-01-20, v:9.0) Dietrich Janssens: Chromebooks search button
When using the search button on a chromebook and typing 'wiki ...' it gives an error: 'file not found'. Would be a nice addition if i could use the search button also! Thanks!
- (2016-07-12, v:8.0.1) Anthony DeVito: Doesn't work any more
When I type "wiki" and a space, it doesn't work anymore and instead just results in a typical Google search. This has happened before and was usually solved by restarting my computer, but it has persisted for a long time now. What should I do to fix this?
- (2016-05-23, v:8.0) Padam Bahadur Shrestha: history
Who wrote Death of city?
- (2015-11-13, v:6.4) Gerard Martin PENNES: changement langue
comment beneficier de Wikipedia en français
- (2015-07-21, v:6.4) Ravi Sharma: learn all subject
it's useful for student for all information.
- (2015-06-28, v:6.4) Dianne Fouillard: wikipedia search
right click on wikipedia and right click on cheap travel suggestured for paypal nothing happen loosing money help.