Search for the selected text in search engines
- (2020-01-09) Larbi Ouchene: Very useful extension, i love it !
- (2020-01-05) Boris Raifler: Excellent extension! Thank you!
- (2020-01-04) Gohi: 冷门但非常牛逼的搜索引擎拓展
- (2019-12-04) Chil Cooper: very good,just need to learn how to use :)
- (2019-11-20) Em vi em: For me, compared to Select Search, this extension (Selection Search) has the main advantage of syncing of current search engine settings. But I noticed that this extension might be causing a freeze. For instance, I select a word to search it in an online dictionary in a new tab. But when the new search tab opens and starts to load (and even after it is loaded) the tab content is frozen (cant't scroll or click on anything). To test, I repeated this many times and tried the same with Select Search, and it didn't cause the freezing, which I suspect Selection Search causes.
- (2019-10-29) Pablo Escobar: Almost perfect extension, with thouroghly adjusted hotkeys it simplifies worklow a lot. Thank you, been looking for it for so long
- (2019-10-11) KHEIRA NAIMI: علامة سيد احمد !
- (2019-10-06) 席文松: 希望能支持中文
- (2019-10-01) Papa Relos: Very useful extension! I think the Settings Menu/Page is cluttered. It should be more "clean" and easy to use... Other than that a great extension.
- (2019-09-20) Michel Fessard: Very useful extension! Just would like to add the "copy" command in the list of the popup menu. Thanks a lot!
- (2019-09-15) Александр Д.: Отмечусь, чтобы не потерять) Нужное расширение!
- (2019-08-15) aione: 首先，感谢！！！ 真希望有中文版，因为不熟悉语言导致很多功能我无法清晰的使用，然后卸载了一次。 这次研究透彻了才发现，我真是蠢，差点错过了我chrome扩展上最好的插件
- (2019-08-12) 亦可赛艇: Great~！
- (2019-08-06) zau hap: chrome 76 中无法使用了 Cannot be used in chrome 76 请及时更新，谢谢你 Please update in time, thank you
- (2019-06-30) Денис Романцев: Сделайте,пожалуйста,пункты меню в виде ссылок.Что бы это работало вместе ezLinkPreview. И тогда можно будет не уходя с текущей страницы посмотреть моментально любую справку во всплывающем окне!!!
- (2019-06-29) Murat Kaplan: I loved program can you add some new functions? -Popup Column and Row -Popup apper where mouse curser is but i want it is certain place of text, like right down corner with lenght -Is it possibly "copy to clipboard" thank you
- (2019-06-23) Juan Simón: Muy buena.
- (2019-05-25) H eko: Great search app.user can custom the style, specified search website, even the activation method of Popup Menu.
- (2019-05-15) Dauren Amze: не работает, Version 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2019-05-04) Stefane Guevremont: This is THE most functional search tool Extension for Google Chrome. My only comment, it lacks user friendliness. It took me a considerable amount of time to figure out the intricacies of this extension. Overall, it does everything I was looking to do: - Automatic popup menu with direct search of highlighted text - Adding and Customization of New Search Pages - Middle-click to Open Search Pages in a background tab - Customizable hotkeys for each search tool Well done
- (2019-05-01) TM隊長: chromeの中ではこれが最高だけどfirefoxのSwift Selection Searchのほうが上なんだよなぁ。chromeに移行してくれないかな。
- (2019-04-22) kktt 007: I want to know , how to add the open url in new tab. Could you please give me some advice? Thank you. ================= the best extension on Firefox is "Swift Selection Search", this extension is so cool .easy to use ,just like Swift Selection Search. but i didn't find the function "search on current website". this is also a useful function.
- (2019-04-11) F P: Awesome plugin! Almost uninstalled it because I just wanted something to automatically search google when I pressed a hotkey, and binding to "Activate the extension" @ chrome://extensions/shortcuts brought up a menu instead. However; upon exploring the options menu, I found that you can bind multiple hotkeys to individual search engines, which is even better that what I was expecting. Also, the context menu feature is very useful for search engines that you don't want to bind directly to hotkeys. The documentation could be improved to better communicate the available features (more thorough description with a full list of features, show more features in example images, add an overview video), but the plugin itself is excellent!
- (2019-04-09) Tian Luo: when left-click select the word，the toolbar can not popup。
- (2019-04-05) Samir Tilazadə: Loved it
- (2020-01-05, v:0.8.52) Boris Raifler: Submenu improvement proposal
Currently Submenu is only the place, that contains search engines or internal submenues for this Submenu (submenues lower levels). Hovering such submenu opens it, i.e. shows its items. Is it possible to make Submenu executable, so that the menu itself would also be a search engine and clicking on it would also carry out the search? Such feature will allow not only hovering, but also execution.
- (2019-12-30, v:0.8.52) Michael G: Offer search suggestions from other search engines, like DuckDuckGo or StartPage
- (2019-12-04, v:0.8.51) Keaton Drake: Out of Date Jquery
Good Morning! Seeing if it is possible to update the jquery version from 3.3.1 to the latest version. The current version is vulnerable to Prototype Pollution vulnerabilities.
- (2019-11-19, v:0.8.51) Steven Anon: Selection Search
Do you have a firefox version of this extension? There are a lot of clones in the Mozilla Add-Ons section, but can't find anything under your developer name.
- (2019-11-04, v:0.8.51) КапитаН Холодный: Icons
Icons do not appear :( If I reinstall the extension and import the old database, they appear. But after changing the parameters they do not appear again. I use the default icons. Avast browser. Otherwise the extension is cool, thanks!
- (2019-10-24, v:0.8.51) Grün Blau Gelb: Suggestion
Selection Search is my most used extension in Chrome. Thanks a lot! But there is one thing missing. It would be great if the selected word automatically copies itself to the clipboard.
- (2019-10-06, v:0.8.51) NineOneEight: Can't see any PDF in Chrome
I can't view any PDF in Chrome with this extension enabled (0.8.51). It immediately resumes with a refresh when this extension disabled.
- (2019-10-02, v:0.8.51) Joseph Reckers: Does the icon feature support svg and/or png -> or just ico files
Greetings! GREAT Plugin!, Does the icon feature support svg and/or png -> or just ico files, and can i store them locally on my machine, if so, what would the url look like? Thanks Again, Joe
- (2019-09-25, v:0.8.51) Papa Relos: Offer an icon for "Copy" of Selection
Hello, I would be useful if you offered a "COPY" icon/button along with search engine icons. This way it would be very easy to double click a word, and just click on the icon "COPY" to copy the word(s). All very fast, with just left mouse click (no right click/menu/Copy)
- (2019-08-28, v:0.8.49) Stefane Guevremont: No more Popup Menu in Text Area?
I remember there was a way to have the popup menu in textarea without the hotkeys triggering. Now it seems like there is only the hotkeys work in textarea? (ie. Typing / Overwriting selected text in textarea ➔ Triggers the search engine).
- (2019-08-08, v:0.8.48) Stefane Guevremont: Selection Search not working on every Machine
2019-08-08 - Something weird is happening. Selection Search works perfectly well on my desktop, but the popup menu shows no icons on my laptop. I played with display resolution (maybe the number of pixels would change Selection Search's appearance). I also exported settings from the desktop to the laptop, thinking maybe there was a syncing problem between the two, but the result stays the same. Any thoughts?
- (2019-08-07, v:0.8.48) Per Myren: Icons not loading after chrome 76
If someone is having problems with the icons not loading, it seems to be caused by some custom icon urls that fails to load because of some new security restrictions in Chrome. I will try to release a fix to prevent one bad icon from breaking all icons, but currently a workaround is to find the bad icon url and replace it with another url. It can often be fixed by switching to a "https://" version of the custom icon urls, or leaving the url empty to use the default icon. You probably have to restart chrome after updating the urls for the icons to be reloaded. If you need custom icons, you have to try to figure out what custom icon is causing the problem. Try to remove all custom icon urls and add back one at the time until it breaks. Then you need to find a new icon url for the bad icon. Again, you have to restart Chrome to fix the broken icons after fixing the urls.
- (2019-08-04, v:0.8.48) Andrei Orasanu: No icons showing
No icons appear anymore, it doesn't matter if you enter the *.ico path or just leave the default. Please fix it.