Port of Firefox Quick Find features + awesome new ones. Search results in one location. Navigate to links in just a few keystrokes.
For a more easily readable description please visit: https://github.com/peterdotjs/quick-find **** Change Log: 0.0.12 - Added ability to change default shortcut keys 0.0.11 - Fixed issue where search is broken in Chrome 40. Motivation -------------------- I’ve always wanted the ability to see all the search results in a text search rather than just seeing them highlighted and scattered across the page and out of view. This was the start of the idea and it soon became mashed up with all the great Firefox quick find features that Chrome is missing. If you like it please rate it and if you have any feature requests, questions or bugs you file it here: https://github.com/peterdotjs/quick-find/issues Demo ------------ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2PEyTyJ6iM Description -------------------- Next generation text search. A new text search tool for your Chrome web page. Start a search and simply press enter/return on a highlighted link and you’ll instantly navigate to that page. A mashup of Firefox quick find features (case match, links only search, highlight all, search selected text) as well as awesome new ones (scroll/navigate through all search results with context) - brought to Chrome. SHORCUT KEYS --------------------------- Getting started ----------------------------- / or ctrl + shift + f : forward slash or ctrl+shift+f will open Quick Find menu ' : single quote key will open Quick Find menu in links mode (only links are searched) esc : escape key will close Quick Find menu Menu navigation ------------------------------- ↑ or ↓ : navigate results by using up or down arrow keys enter or return : pressing enter on highlighted menu with link will navigate to the link Search Options ----------------------------- alt + a : toggle highlight all results mode alt + c : toggle match case mode alt + l : toggle links mode Tips ------------------- Quick Find search box is pre-populated with any selected/highlighted text prior to opening the search menu. Toggle occurs only when cursor focus is on the Quick Find menu. Limitations ------------------------- Extension only works on sites that allow content scripts. The chrome webstore page itself for example doesn't even allow content scripts to be run. After you've installed it make sure you are using it on a newly loaded or refreshed page. The script won’t be loaded on existing tabs without a refresh. Quick find does not search through iframes, script, or code html elements. When results show up in same html element, will be shown only as one result. Other website shortcuts or extensions may conflict with these shortcuts. A future enhancement can be to select your own shortcuts to open the menu. Additional Notes ------------------------------- Anonymous page view tracking is used to improve the extension and user experience. You can opt out in the options menu. Chrome is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
- (2021-06-21) MemoRoom IDS5: This is a must-have app for anyone that regularly searches webpages. It is very simple, fast and has all of the features I find important. 'Great job!" to the developer.
- (2019-07-06) tuấn huy nguyễn: Very useful. If have a option to search on Code tag html , it will perfect. Reason, i don't view exact document below because can't finde method() . Exampple as show() : https://copyq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/scripting-api.html#show
- (2019-04-08) Federico Eloy Labat: With the most basic ting (a pdf) does not works, regular search in page works but this extension it is unable to find inside the pdf.
- (2019-03-20) Narayanan Subbiah: Would be nice if you could include "History of Find Keywords" in a drop down kind of list, will be really helpful. + a keyboard shortcut to browse thru' all the previously searched keywords.
- (2019-03-01) Adriano Garcez: Pretty good extension. I only wish I could set Highlight All as default, and also make it not to scroll down the page automatically.
- (2019-02-04) Tony Gilbert: I had to write home to tell everyone about this amazingly miraculous ultra-time saving new search extension I discovered for Google Chrome because you couldn't begin to imagine the amount of time that I've already saved since I installed this incredible awesomely simple to use extension for Google Chrome named "Quick Find for Google Chrome". I'm telling everyone in the world like me right now that the creator of this extension must truly be an absolute genius because the fact of this matter boils down to my point about this extension for Google Chrome that is so truly great that I will personally be recommending a field promotion to the Google Agent with the ability and authority to include this extension automatically embedded to make it come added by default to Google Chrome on all available future platform version Google Chrome Installers.
- (2019-01-14) Vy V: 10/10, would recommend.
- (2019-01-01) Michael Olson: Immediately after installing this extension it attempted to open the creator's website in a new window. It appears the creator no longer owns the domain however, as it redirected me to another domain (click.bounceads.net) which would have then taken me to an advertisers page if my script blocker hadn't stopped it.
- (2018-12-19) Justin Liller: Didn't work at all for the multiple pages I tried.
- (2018-09-19) Nick Lemon: Works well enough. I have been looking for an extension that does a better job of showing where the found target is in page, though. Highlighting in orange works a fair amount of the time but sometimes I have trouble finding it. Adding a function that would make it blink in opposite contrasting colors (if possible) would be a life-saver. Thanks for your efforts.
- (2018-09-12) Dylan H: Doesn't work in latest Chrome.
- (2018-08-31) Sam Owen: I was pretty excited when I found this extension, but it works spotty at best. I can go to a page where I see the "AND" clearly written on it, the built-in Chrome Ctrl+F can find it (though it's not case sensitive obviously), but this tool says there are no results found :(
- (2018-08-17) r r: instead of installing takes you to some weird web site...why is google even allowing this ??
- (2018-08-04) Mechknight5656: This doesn't work on Fandom wiki even with altered keybinds.
- (2018-07-26) Nikki Zeng: Looks nice so far
- (2018-07-06) Kristian Benoit: I was looking for an extension that do case sensitive search. As a dev, I was impressed by the feeling of high quality of it's dev. But I was looking towards regex support. I guess it could be added? Then I'd definitely use only this extension for searching.
- (2018-06-02) Gersivan Oliveira: A melhor do gênero, simplesmente incrível e ação inteligente. Faltou só buscar em PDFs. CONTRA: Não funciona neste site: http://www.imcdb.org/:
- (2018-05-16) Ray Foss: Does not work well with google play music on the dynamically loading text, despite scroll locations being consistent and triggering it aot.
- (2018-04-21) Jean-jacques Juille: Bravo et Merci
- (2018-04-01) Haran G: Much love here. simple and handy , juus maybe make it default ctrl/f used to it as the new find location and lack of features of chromes sarx. jus saw shortcuts swiftlee changed! But enter key shud work in the bar.. to make it fast searches without scrolling/click.. AND ALSO MAKE IT HIGHLIGHT ALL text by DEFAULT.. U SEARCH NOT JUST ONE INSTANCE OF I.E. 'LOL' changed shortcut to CTRL+Q as it lacks that ONE thing man c'mon this is innovation at it's finest sire.
- (2018-02-20) Viktor Opa: 's good
- (2018-01-05) Ssubrat Rrudra: Very very useful. Just one request. If possible, add some regular expression feature. Thanks
- (2017-12-12) İstediyim zaman açamasamda iyi bir uyqulama
- (2017-12-01) Matthew Eng: Works great on most pages but does not work on frames as well as many Google websites such as Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, etc.
- (2017-11-18) Jason Diep: doesnt allow search function for scholarly documents such as pdf files which the normal ctrl+f can find
- (2017-11-10) wei xie: nice
- (2017-10-25) S. Ansari: Excellent Tool. Wish I had looked for this sooner. Thank you.
- (2019-03-20, v:0.0.12) Narayanan Subbiah: History of Find Keywords
Would be nice if you could include "History of Find Keywords" in a drop down kind of list, will be really helpful. + a keyboard shortcut to browse thru' all the previously searched keywords. Tks.
- (2018-12-28, v:0.0.12) shabaz khalid: need source code
sir i want source code kindly help me out
- (2018-08-09, v:0.0.12) Dori Smith: Icon gray, not responsive
Quick Find icon displays only in gray on all websites and doesn't do anything when clicked. Installed a couple of days ago, has never been operational. Yes, it is turned to On in Settings.
- (2018-06-23, v:0.0.12) Searching through page source
how do i get this quick find to work inside of page source?
- (2018-03-31, v:0.0.12) Haran G: Icon colour
It is b&w like many others icons not red as you made it.. which is annoying how do i get them back to colour mode??! Any chrome://flags i can change or sumin anyone?
- (2018-03-31, v:0.0.12) Haran G: PLS ADD Multi Word Highlight!
AS GARY MA MAN SED, DO PLSSSSSS I BEG, I PRAY EVEN IF NOBODAY PRAY FO ME!
- (2018-01-20, v:0.0.12) CthulhuSaves: Opening the window
Is there a way to open the search window using the mouse (ie. a clickable button)? My pc is attached to my TV, and I use an airmouse with mini-keyboard, so I can't use any of the activation options you've listed. I need a button to click. :)
- (2018-01-01, v:0.0.12) Roy h: disable automatic "goto"
is there a way to disable to automatic "goto" feature ? this might be unintended but when you select a text, it will and ctrl+shift+f it will place that highlighted text in the search box (which is great !). the problem is the search will go to the first instance, and that is not always optimal, since I would lose the location i was in. Thanks, Roy
- (2017-07-26, v:0.0.12) Yuya Ma'emichi: It brakes repeatedly
It gets broken repeatedly and every time I have to repair it in chrome setting. I'll check the condition further. I'm using Chrome 59 (64 bit) in Japanese. --- Thank you for your nice extension.
- (2017-05-18, v:0.0.12) Timwi Heizmann: Enter does not activate links reliably