Sidebar for Google Search with Wiktionary, Wikipedia, Flickr and YouTube Results
Google Chrome extension adding a sidebar next to any Google search with results from Wiktionary (dictionary), Wikipedia, Flickr and YouTube. With options to enable/disable selected services in the sidebar as well as set their positions to suit your taste, and the capability to set the maximum number of YouTube videos you want to see.
- (2019-11-29) sd di: seem malware , this extension impair browser and doesn't works.
- (2019-06-24) Kenneth Fu: Works great, but showing DuckDuckGo results would be awesome.
- (2019-04-12) I don't know exactly whats wrong with me or how long I even have since I cant afford a doctor to find out. Symptoms in the medical journal Indicate either Intestinal cancer or intestinal Degenerative disorder. Either way I am dying...and I want to leave something good behind instead of wasting money on useless meds. To this end I am doing something that, by human standards, is weird and stupid. For however long I have left, and to honor the memories of some dear friends lost to the darkness in this world, I am going to help as many poor children WORLDWIDE set up College/University funds ABSOLUTELY FREE. ALL females aged 10-14(or parent/guardian are encouraged to inquire and begin the approval process. So if your'e reading this and want to do some good in the world...please translate and share this anyway you can. Especiaily to poor families in places like third world orphanages where young ladies are cast into the streets at age 14 with little or no hope. Maybe this wont do anything at all.....but its better than just wasting the money!!!!! [email protected]
- (2017-11-04) slifer the sky dragon: it good
- (2013-09-23) Abe Aguilar-Suazo: itd be great if video links would show searches of your favorite porn site
- (2013-07-21) JH Daniels: Like it ok, however often it overlays the Google search results when Chrome font setting is 'Large' and Sidebar setting is 'Medium'.
- (2013-04-01) Does nothing. Wasting time and space in webstore!
- (2012-07-25) Marcelino Aguilar Rubio: nunca funcionó! - sería bueno que fuese desplegable, así se cargaría por demanda - se pudiera añadir fuentes de busqueda never worked! - it would be good to be drop-down, so is run by demand - could add search sources
- (2012-05-25) Jake Orlowitz: It's still not playing well with Google's Right-hand sidebar. It's either too large and interferes with the search results, or it's too small, and Google's right-hand sidebar peeks out from around and beneath it. If this issue can be fixed it will go back to being one of my favorite chrome extensions.
- (2012-05-22) The Thomas: It never brought up a video, flickr images, or wikipedia articles. Only wiktionary, and that didn't work properly. I love the idea of this app, it is exactly what I came here looking for.
- (2012-02-19) Hoàn Hoàng: why not youtube
- (2012-01-13) Séverin Buxant: Really Good extensions... but the sidebar could be hide when using the "page préview" of Google...
- (2012-01-13) Grégory Barrion: Great idea but it could be better to choose the search language
- (2011-12-30) Rafał Grzeszczuk: For me - it's awesome. Doesn't use too much space, very convenient, easy to set up - perfect, just what I need. Don't longer have to add "Wikipedia" to all my search queries ;)
- (2011-12-06) Jiajun: It's okay but covers the page result's introduction on the right side...but it can be used..okay
- (2018-07-31, v:1.6.0) Jaeanne Tecson: Getting Rid of Sidebar
I would just like to know where the options page is in order to get rid of the sidebar. It isn't really for me... thanks
- (2017-11-04, v:1.6.0) אור הושמנד: I don't really see the sidebar
I use google.co.il and don't see the sidebar.
- (2017-01-10, v:1.6.0) CastingBait MusicGroup: Update sidebar
Hi, can photos be added and how can the sidebar be updated?
- (2016-02-16, v:1.6.0) I don't want it
I must hav hit a wrong key somewhere because suddenly I have the Sidebar for Google Search and no way of getting ridof it. How do I cancel it???
- (2015-09-11, v:1.6.0) micah mcdaniel: There is a glaring typo...
After installation there is a Welcome page for your "Sidebar for Google Search" app. It has a typo I think you would want to fix. The 1st sentence, 1st para, after the bulleted info on Version 1.6.0 says: "With Google adding..." the word "right-handed" is missing a "t". And, you should probably stick in the word "the" right before the word "screen". Then the whole sentence would flow. It is very obvious or I would not have mentioned it. And the rest of the paragraph reads like Faulkner. I wasn’t going to say anything but you have worked so hard on this extension and it’s awesome. I love it. I can't really let you know how much until I've used it more. Thanks.
- (2014-03-09, v:1.5.0) Nebiyu Osman: Sidebar API?
Hello, Love the extension! I'm just getting into extension development and want to build something with a sidebar feature much like yours. How did you go about doing this -- from what I understand the sidebar API is no longer supported.
- (2014-02-22, v:1.5.0) Peter Sohn: amazing but
in options I can't seem to organize the layout, the options are not shown. Also, I would like to see an option to add google images as one of the options.
- (2013-09-22, v:1.5.0) David Jensen: so where is the sidebar like in Maxthon?
i have 3 extensions showing next to custom and control tab ( all googles, go figure) but my other ones show up nowhere. i go to settings/extensions and my other ones are there and enabled but wher is the short cut on main browser page? i have dl'd several themes one of which shows side bars on left and right with what looks to be bookmarks but i dont see where or how to add. i tried surfing it and find no answers on the web. i want shortcut bars like in maxthon 3 and 4 cloud browsers. i am new to chrome, like so far, but.... and also, like the pirate/hacker theme that is displayed on the theme page is not what gets installed. i wanted the skull and crossbones, what i got was the word Hacker, and that was cropped. one star out of 5, as far as ui