A very simple and complete dictionary. Select a word and have its definition(s) popped right away!
How many times have you read an article on the web and you came across a word whose meaning you don't know? So, to do the simplest thing, you will decide to skip it without knowing its definition. Therefore, you ended up not understanding the whole information/idea. Or you wanted to use a word but you are not sure of its meaning. So, you won't use it. Now with "My Dictionary" you can put an end to that behavior. Whenever you come across a word or you want to use one, but you are not certain about its meaning, do the simplest thing: use "My Dictionary". Get the word's definition(s) popped instantly. MyDictionary contains over a hundred of thousand of word definition(s) including, related synonyms, antonyms and parts of speech. Moreover, it also gives you the pronunciation of the word in 3 ways: Audio, IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) and Arpabet. Features: -Word definition -Parts of speech -Synonyms -Antonyms -Audio pronunciation -IPA & Arpabet pronunciation -Fast search speed -Elegant User-Interface
- (2021-09-29) ToasterOven: Upon usage I get "error: Cannot reach the server" no matter what I try.
- (2021-07-01) Benedict Purisima: dictionary doesnt work
- (2020-09-16) ns 77: double clik doesnt work.
- (2020-07-25) Mikhail Malyshev: doesn't work
- (2019-12-15) ضحى: very usefull and make my life easy but it needs much more work and improve, it always show for me the box that tell me that there is an error although it show for me the box of translation and it is sooo annoying. second thing its so sad that it don't work on pdf page because i am studying in my laptop and this make translationg harder. and thank you!
- (2018-06-15) mathieu thomas: great except no possibility to resize the window
- (2017-08-03) HUSAMULDDIN: Very good, but needs regular updating. These are some defects: •No highlighting inside of the dictionary pop-up •No accents •Small box Please, update the extension and you'll get the 5 stars.
- (2017-07-11) E. Groeg: This is rather good. It has meaning for the most obscure and even archaic words, just like Dictionarist (another good extension). My main gripe is that it doesn't allow you to highlight the words within the dictionary window in order to get their definition. Other dictionary extensions feature this, which is a pity. I would prefer if this extension permitted you to highlight words in the dictionary able, so you can get their meaning too. Can you please work on this?
- (2017-05-08) mehtaz sazid: perfect match with what i was looking
- (2017-05-03) Linda Steadman: First try and it was perfect, exactly what I've been looking for.
- (2017-01-22) back tackle: It dosen't work at all.
- (2016-11-06) Travis Harris: TL;DR This is not on par with other inline dictionaries, it is way better. What I love about this extension compared to some of the others is that it allows you to define a hot key to use to activate the definition. I often "read with my mouse" and without the hot key, definitions pop up all over the place all the time. I also assume that the dictionary is packed with the extension because the definitions seem to pop up instantly (as long as the page has already finished loading). This is great as long as they access the dictionary efficiently and don't just load it into RAM. My computer has 32GB of RAM, so I don't care, but I hope for everyone else's sake they do it well. The only improvement I would make is to load the extension before page load instead of afterwords because there are some pages that can take a really long time to load, and others that error and the browser never realizes it's done loading. However this is such an insignificant issue that I won't dock a star for it.
- (2016-10-08) Quoc Dai Ngo Nguyen: I've come across many dictionary-related extension this one so far is the most useful!
- (2016-10-03) Monero Jeanniton: Love it
- (2016-05-04) Surendra Ghimire: Better than google dictionary. It works even when you are not in any web page, like when you are in another app. Great work. I give it a 5 stars.
- (2016-01-11) Jean-Pierre Vertil: Very useful extension. The simplest ideas are often the most impactful...
- (2019-12-29, v:1.3.1) Alma Chang: error has occurred
it said "an error has occurred will treating your request" when i click the words, but the second line is "error not found", so i was wondering what the problem is. it used to help me a lot, so hope it will work again. thank you.
- (2017-04-21, v:1.3.1) customazible size of popup buble
Size of popup bubble should be customisable (for me is to small, I'd like to see more lines of text)
- (2016-12-12, v:1.3) Bohdan: Not Working
I got an error "an application cou not reach server" And also there is no other languages than english, i see a dropdown with one option. If it's temporary error, please inform me, [email protected] I hope your extension could replace Google's one. Cause I hate when they give me Wiki articles instead of translation.