Navigate up one or more URL levels.
CHANGES Version 4.2 • Minor bug fix. OVERVIEW Navigate Up WE provides a simple facility to navigate up one or more levels of the URL path. Navigate Up WE is an alternative no-restart version of the well established Navigate Up add-on. Navigate Up WE is implemented using the new WebExtensions API and is available for both Firefox and Chrome with identical functions and user interfaces. OPTIONS PAGE The Navigate Up WE Options page can be accessed as follows: • Firefox - On the menu bar select Tools > Add-ons (or press Ctrl+Shift+A), select the Extensions tab, and then click on the Options button. • Chrome - Right-click on the toolbar button, and then select Options. TOOLBAR BUTTON After installation of Navigate Up WE, there will be a new green 'up-arrow' button on the main toolbar. If Navigate Up WE cannot be used with the current page, the toolbar button will be disabled (greyed-out). To navigate up, just click on the Navigate Up WE icon. There is an option to set the button action as: • Navigate Up One Level • Navigate Up to Root There is an option to double-click on the button to Navigate Up To Root. CONTEXT MENU & BUTTON MENU To navigate up to a specific level, right-click on the page contents to open the context menu, select the Navigate Up WE sub-menu, and then select one of the menu items. Alternatively, right-click on the Navigate Up WE toolbar button to open the button menu, and then select one of the menu items. The menus are divided into two sections: • The first contains two menu items for quick access - Navigate Up One Level and Navigate Up To Root. • The second contains menu items for each higher level URL, plus one or two menu items for related high level URLs. There is an option to show/hide the Navigate Up WE submenu item on the context menu. There are options to show/hide the Navigate Up One Level and Navigate Up To Root menu items. There is an option to open higher-level URLs (shown in menus) in new background/foreground tabs. KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS To navigate up, press Alt+U. SUPPORT Please e-mail: [email protected] LICENSE Distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2. See LICENCE.txt file and http://www.gnu.org/licenses/
- (2021-07-24) Antonio Di Gennaro: Dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento è tornata a funzionare benissimo.
- (2021-07-09) David Charlap: Doesn't work with Brave version 1.26.74 (Chromium 91.0.4472.124) on macOS Catalina. The arrow changes color when there is a level up to move to and the menu populates correctly, but clicking it does nothing. The WebExtension works great in the latest Firefox, but something in the current Chromium engine breaks it. Hopefully the author can fix it soon, but I'm going to be removing it in favor of someone else's extension.
- (2021-07-01) Eli Katz: July 1, 2021: been dead for a while now. this used to be super useful. disappointed it no longer works. update 9/26/2017: recent update has improved experience. less misfires. i changed my rating from 3 to 4 stars. got potential, but sometimes fails miserably and instead of navigating "up" it navigates away to some other page /site that is open in another tab.
- (2021-05-25) Lars Gregersen: Doesn't work. When invoked the browser doesn't change page or URL.
- (2021-05-11) Antonio Di Gennaro: Dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento non funziona più.
- (2018-05-03) 邓武: 太棒了！GREAT！
- (2021-06-15, v:4.0) Eli Katz: navigate up - no longer working
using chrome Version 91.0.4472.106 extension no longer responsive when clicking icon, right-clicking and using context menu or using keyboard shortcut. stopped working a couple of (google chrome) versions ago.
- (2021-05-12, v:4.0) Pamela Dourm: Not working since update to 4.0
Since the update, this extension isn't working; clicking or double clicking the button doesn't do anything. Right clicking and selecting a level in the menu does not work either.
- (2021-05-10, v:4.0) Antonio Di Gennaro: Non funziona
Dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento non funziona più.