Remove W3Schools results in google searches
Chrome plugin to remove W3Schools results in google searches. Feel free to open an issue on GitHub for any errors or desired improvements. GitHub repository: https://github.com/GMaiolo/remove-w3schools [Changelog v3.0.23] — 04/15/21 * [Fix #14] Updated selectors.
- (2022-04-29) David Gourevitch: Works perfect. W3 Schools is terrible.
- (2021-03-31) clodpated: So good
- (2020-11-30) Mohammed J. Hossain: Thank you so much! I remember way back I used w3schools to learn my first bits of web development (probably the reason why my skills never developed well at that time) but now there are far better resources and w3schools kind of disrupts that.
- (2020-10-02) Artur Klesun: Used it for few years, worked good on Windows and Linux so far. Not sure if I did something wrong, though, but it does not seem to work on Mac... I see this trash in search results again on the apple...
- (2020-04-06) Kevin Bost: Finally re-added an extension to hide w3 schools after the last extension I used stopped working. Does exactly what it is supposed to do.
- (2019-11-09) Shukri Adams: Makes it even faster to get to those Stack overflow answers.
- (2019-09-04) Adnan Karsic: should be included by default in chrome
- (2019-05-05) Eric Mansfield: W3Schools is a huge, random collection of diluted, bland code snippets for script kiddies, and blocking it will do more to improve your programming knowledge than almost anything else. MDN and StackOverflow are far more instructional and accurate.
- (2019-01-29) Finally!
- (2018-12-12) Julien Fractal IT: Very useful since Personal Blocklist sems dead.
- (2018-11-30) Ciprian Cimpan: This is a must-have for every developer! W3Schools is so well indexed by Google that it floods the first page with irrelevant results. Google should really do something about that... W3Schools gets much more credit & seo boost than it deserves.
- (2018-08-04) Rabii Jlassi: Perfect.
- (2017-11-25) Suraj Jain: Amazing Extension. Can I use source code to develop my own extension to provide some extra functionality, I will give you credit.
- (2017-05-09) Jiří Zelinka: Just get it!
- (2016-12-11) Alfredo Maiolo: Working
- (2016-12-05) Works well
- (2016-11-22) Not working (anymore?)
- (2021-01-17, v:3.0.21) Indiana Kernick: Seems to have stopped working
I've been using this extension for ages but a few days ago it stopped working. I don't know what's wrong. I had to scroll past SIX w3schools results to get to mdn!
- (2020-03-04, v:3.0.20) Lorin Halpert: Could add w3schools.in to hide list?
Looks like another group via w3schools.in is joining the fray... should add them to the 'hide' list
- (2020-01-31, v:3.0.20) Olli Pelkonen: duckduckgo
I love this extension, but could it be possible to make it support duckduckgo search engine also?