Steep and Cheap sells outdoor gear one screamin'(50-80% off) deal at a time until time runs out. (steepandcheap.com)
Extension key features: -Clean interface -Desktop notification -Sound alert -Fast checkout -Time remaining badge text A covert ops Chrome extension for those who must keep a vigilant eye on the latest ODAT (One-Deal-At-a-Time) deals. This extension monitors steepandcheap.com and displays the time remaining for the current deal. You also have the option of receiving a desktop notification along with a customizable sound alert when a new deal is listed. For snagging fast selling items, the extension allows you to automate the website's checkout process. Version 1.6.1 -Enables one-click checkout to speed up the checkout process -more information here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz1X2vF7luI Version 1.5.2 -Option to play a sound when a new deal is listed -Performance improvements Version 1.4.6 -Updated popups to use Chrome Desktop Notifications. This removes the need for the extension to access all browsing data and history. It now only needs access to www.steepandcheap.com. -Popups are now disabled by default. Enable them in the extensions options. Version 1.4.1 -The extension now includes a popup bubble that appears in the bottom right hand corner of the website you are browsing whenever the item changes. -Link to Steep and Cheap history to view past items offered on the site.
- (2019-12-01) Bruce Cook: Good/Bad...I love getting good gear deeply discounted. Who doesn't? I don't like being a slave to my computer screen. I will have to discipline myself. :)
- (2019-08-09) michael richard: Love steep and cheap. great deals all the time.
- (2019-01-28) Matt Davidson: Works well and keeps me updated on deals.
- (2018-04-03) Ted Piotrowski: New version uploaded on April 3rd, 2018 to prevent deal flipping every 15 seconds. Please update if you're experiencing issues.
- (2018-01-30) Chris Henderson: Works for a while, then stops updating. It's been frozen on an expired deal for a couple days now. Previously removed and added back to chrome, which fixed the problem initially. After a few days it happens again. Not worth the hassle.
- (2016-07-21) Alex Wang: It worked great initially, but somehow it doesn't update the current deals until 20 or 15 sec before it's over.
- (2016-07-13) This is a good extension. Sometimes it is a little behind on the deal, but then it catches up. Weird issues, but most of the time works great and keeps sending me the best deals!
- (2016-06-30) Keith Kreider: This used to be great for my gear collection and bad for my wallet to the point where I uninstalled it. I got back around to it the other day as I am in need of a Fishpond style combo pack for fishing trips. While it seemed to work OK the first few days, all of the deals have a lag to them now. When I click on a popup for a deal on a pack it shows me a Prana dress or something completely unrelated. Thumbs down...for now
- (2016-06-07) John Fullard: Really good, they stop on top of fixes.
- (2016-03-17) Sac Alerts: Released version 2.4.1 today which fixes infinite grey spinner issue. Please update if you are experiencing issues.
- (2016-03-11) Scott McCabe: Works great!
- (2016-01-11) Philip Jerome: It is great. Beware you will spend too much money because the deals are too good.
- (2016-01-05) Ed Elefante: Awesome application for my browser! If you are looking for awesome deals, this is the ticket!
- (2015-12-28) Ben Ungs: Helps me keep informed. Thanks!
- (2015-12-02) Bret Bommer: Love being able to shop and work at the same time. Always great deals available on all types of outdoor gear.
- (2015-09-30) George Cleveland: Better deals than you get on the regular Backcountry.com site. I've directed more than one friend here.
- (2015-09-22) Lani Johnson: Love seeing what's up on clearance.
- (2015-08-25) skihome DV: Can't load it on desk top? Not avail for android?
- (2015-06-01) Jongwoo Chae: Good and easy plugin.
- (2015-05-12) Brad Adams: Dangerous add-on for your wallet. I love it
- (2015-04-25) Eddie Lau: Excellent, very useful
- (2015-03-19) Jeff McKnight: Incredibly useful. Watch out, you will start buying things (probably what the devs were after anyway!)
- (2015-03-19) Glenn Ray: Helps get the good stuff. I like the additional features of adding items to the wish list.
- (2015-02-02) Leona Dorothy: Very useful. Does what it says. Helps keep track of deals.
- (2015-01-08) Cory Maier: Great extension, does exactly what you want and nothing you don't need. Unobtrusive, but still gets you your alerts.
- (2014-09-18) Brian Olson: Love it! Easy to use, can alter popup duration or pause. Worth it for sure.
- (2018-01-25, v:3.4.1) Chris Henderson: Extension won't update
It is stuck on a deal from yesterday and says no time left on the counter, but will not update to the next deal.
- (2017-02-11, v:3.2.0) open source the extension?
hey there! love this plugin, any chance plugin is on github as open source? would love to contribute/build some new features for it! eg: - easier way of disabling notifications - configurable auto-disappear on notifications (eg: 3sec, 5sec, 10sec) - configure categories that a user would like to enable/disable notifications for (eg: only see notifications for men's clothing, etc0
- (2016-07-30, v:3.0.1) Ext Guru: Partnership
Hello! I represent the company EXT.GURU. I have reviewed your extension, and I would like to invite you to work with our company. I have analyzed, that your extension "Steep and Cheap Countdown Timer" can bring you a guaranteed high income. You can get the maximum profit with our automatic service for monetizing browser extensions, while our advertising is not annoying or malicious, and does not prevent the extension of functionality. Our system optimizes traffic from around the world. We provide coordination of all the nuances and suggestions of webmasters. Payments are carried out upon request during one hour at a convenient system to you. We would also like to note that our system does not interfere with other systems of monetization, you can plug in our program as an additional method to generate an income. If you have any other extensions, we can discuss. We look forward to collaborating. Sincerely EXT.GURU team. Contacts ICQ: 654784658 Jabber: [email protected] Skype: extguru [email protected] email: [email protected]
- (2016-07-21, v:2.8.1) Chris Wagner: Lag
The extension only posts the update notification really late in to the deal. By the time I see it and click on it, there is only about a minute or less left, sometimes it has completely changed all together.
- (2016-06-22, v:2.8.1) Mark Bruemmer: Does not refresh
Where did the refresh button go? It gets stuck on one deal all day :(
- (2016-06-02, v:2.8.1) John DiLuna: coundown timer is off compared to web page
the countdown timer is only popping up in the final 20 seconds of each current deal session. Then, even with 15s showing in the chrome browser extension, if you click to purchase the deal has already expired and is no longer available.
- (2016-01-26, v:2.2.5) Karrine Minks: How do I get rid of this?!
I can't stand the notifications! How the heck do I turn this thing off?
- (2016-01-01, v:2.2.5) Александр Шинкунс: make money
Earn from $7000 per month from every 100k users. Get in touch! skype: extension.monetizer email: [email protected]l.com
- (2015-11-10, v:2.2.5) William Sherman: re-enabling plug in
once upon a time, I disabled this plugin, but I want to re enable it for the holiday season. I was able to do it for the Whiskey Militia app, but its not letting me do so for this app. please assist
- (2015-10-22, v:2.2.5) Zhanna Luchezarova: Extansion buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "РасширениеSteep and Cheap Countdown Timer" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]