Text Readability AnalYzer tool
This tool provides a quick and easy way to test the readability of the selected text, designed to indicate how difficult to read or understand. It gives a score for the most used readability indicators. - Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease and Grade Level - Gunning-Fog Score - Automated Readability Index (ARI)
- (2020-07-01) Susanne Vejdemo: Simple, easy, very useful! Works in e.g. docs now.
- (2018-12-25) Ben Carlsen: Crashed browser, still doesnt work with Docs.
- (2018-08-06) Brendan Stephens: Works with a standard input box or web page, but doesn't work at all with Docs.
- (2018-07-18) Judith M Tucker: It refuses to work with Google Docs. It says that text needs to be selected or text selected wasn't long enough. The same amount of text WAS analyzed on a website successfully, but when the same text was copied/pasted into a Google Doc, 'TRAY Readability tool' said it wasn't enough text selected.
- (2018-01-29) Chris Clementi: It really messes up my browser
- (2017-01-28) Julia Hollingsworth: This extension still makes a garbled, unusable mess of any webpage it is run on. This was a waste of time.
- (2016-01-08) Andres Cuervo: It provides good scores (for example, for pages you load before enabling the extension), but totally destroys pages on load! It moves content down and to the right, destroying layout and sometimes pushing content off the page or preventing it from loading.
- (2021-10-12, v:1.3.0) mark grady: No longer works with Google Docs.
I am using Chrome Version 95.0.4638.40 (Official Build) beta (64-bit), and the extension no longer works with g.docs. The error message is: It seems you haven't selected any text on the page, or it is too short. Please select some text first.
- (2018-08-17, v:188.8.131.52) Stephen Naylor: Google docs
Your app works great when I highlight a web page but what about using it for google docs? Thank you
- (2017-07-07, v:184.108.40.206) Johan Meester: Messes up the layout
At first it worked fine but now it messes up the layout making it unusable.
- (2017-04-17, v:220.127.116.11) scrambles the other webpages
it is scrambling the webpages which is creating a problem in readability itself
- (2016-08-29, v:18.104.22.168) Drew Mackie: Scrambled documents
This is just what I'm looking for - but after the first use it totally scrambles the page and even the GDrive page it has come from. I can't use it. There is a Spanish version by Ingeniat that works perfectly and looks remarkably similar- but only functions in Spanish (although documents can be in English.
- (2016-08-27, v:22.214.171.124) Valerio Raco: Add "analyze" button
Since the add on messes up with new pages, just add a "analyze" button for already opened pages. Even better: analyze only the highlighted text! If you also add a description of the scores (i.e. SMOG index 8: easy to read), then it would be perfect. Now it is impossible to use