See Amazon prices while shopping on Newegg.
Hover Hound adds a small button on Newegg product and search pages linking to the same product on Amazon. It displays the price and whether the item is Amazon Prime eligible. It's that simple! This extension only works on newegg.com and only takes you from Newegg to Amazon, not the other way around. No bloat, no BS, no excessive permissions.
- (2021-01-05) Jerry Drewett: It doesn't work
- (2020-07-31) Robert Carpenter: It doesn't look like this extension is being updated anymore. Too bad since it was great back in the days.
- (2020-07-02) Kyle Evans: Used to be good but the HoverHound website is now down and the extension doesn't appear to work.
- (2020-03-15) Ben A: The price history chart doesnt work, it shows nothing, no chart at all
- (2019-12-27) Roberto Martinez: It used to have good history on newegg, now it doesn't really have any price history at all. Until its fixed I will keep this rating.
- (2018-04-03) Michael Mike: detected adware
- (2017-03-04) Ashiqul Alam Shihan: One of the most useful extension in the store.
- (2016-11-03) Albert Cai: Discovered adware called Bonanza on my PC, seems to be originating from the install files of this extensions. Use caution.
- (2016-07-13) Timmy Wahba: whoever made this extension must be a genius.
- (2016-01-17) vlad the_impaler: They need to replace TigerDirect as they are currently going out of business. Otherwise very handy!
- (2015-12-30) Jason Bland: Works great and saves me cash monies! [H]
- (2015-03-25) Draxl 2309: GREAT Extension, I specifically install Chrome Web Extension for Opera so i can use it in Opera, which has recently replaced Chrome as my browser of choice.
- (2015-01-21) Jim P: Real time saver. Nice to know the competitions pricing at a glance. Helps with"Iron Egg Guarantee" although I have never been able to get New Egg to honor that. They'll loose your submits for price match. So screen shot them because prices change daily.
- (2014-11-14) David Basamania: Constantly giving me an error of "Hover Hound is currently undergoing maintenance. We'll be back ASAP." This has been for the past month.
- (2014-11-06) Damien Russell: I've tested it a few times on video cards and its failed to find the same generation video card on amazon a few times. When I click on Hover Hound when viewing a GTX970 card it takes me to a GTX770 card on amazon as an example. Good idea so I hope that they fix it.
- (2014-10-29) Julian Fletcher: I added HoverHound to try an alternative to using NewEgg's appalling service. It works but 9/10 the Amazon or other site price is higher....... ahhh well
- (2014-10-25) Lee Hurlbert: why not? 5 stars
- (2014-08-26) Simple and effective. Quickest way to do comparison shopping between my two most commonly used electronics shopping sites.
- (2014-08-17) Qosmo Dirst: Does what is says and works!
- (2014-08-07) James Dickson: Just plain awesome. Very simple and informative.
- (2014-07-26) Quentin P: You can't use it with newegg.ca....
- (2014-05-23) Dave Androl: Just a simple and awesome app! It saves me a ton of time!
- (2014-05-01) Really awesome. I don't shop hardware without it. Price history chart rules. Whoever wrote this must be a genius.
- (2014-04-21) Kevin Felker: My two biggest shoppings sites cross referenced. I use it nearly every day. I like the price history chart as well. I used to use Ookong add in for that on the Amazon page, but it started not returning anything so I got rid of it. SO it would be really nice if Hover Hound also plugged into Amazon's site.
- (2014-04-18) a hauter: Great app! Only gripe that I have with this app is that it only finds deals for newegg, amazon and tigerdirect for my electonics and games. Its not really a dealbreaker though. So overall I love it!
- (2014-02-17) Scott B: Had this add-on since the early days when it was NewZon, awesome add-on. It's really helpful since Newegg's searching is far superior than Amazon's capability. I shop for what I want I Newegg then buy it on Amazon LoL. Newegg's return policies are ridiculous nowadays, getting them to replace or refund defective products is like pulling teeth, plus you have to pay for return shipping. Amazon's returns are still worry free, they do what Newegg used to do about 6 years ago.
- (2014-02-12) Dave Carrio: awesome!! Its helped me with price matching from Newegg several times.
- (2014-02-07) Peter Wins: Love the concept. Wish it would pop up for more websites than just Newegg (if it's comparing Newegg to Amazon and Tigerdirect, why not the other way around?) Typically the prices are spot-on, but I found a case where the prices quoted by Hover Hound were dead wrong, and only noticed by checking the prices myself, defeating the purpose of the plugin.
- (2014-02-01) ProMakerOfMoney: I liked it but for some reason it won't appear on newegg anymore. I haven't changed anything and I double checked to make sure it was still on. :(
- (2014-01-31) Derek James: I use this all the time it has saved me from having to constantly switch between a tab with amazon open and a tab with newegg open. I really like the price history option too so you can tell if you buying the product at a good price.
- (2020-11-15, v:1.6.4) Jared Langson: Doesn't work.
I click the green hover hound button and nothing happens. Tested on Vivaldi and Brave. I tested it on a variety of pages including this one which seems very popular so I would assume they should have a price history. Such as, https://www.newegg.com/western-digital-blue-500gb/p/N82E16820250087?Description=ssd&cm_re=ssd-_-20-250-087-_-Product
- (2020-06-05, v:1.6.4) Seth Jaco: Hover Hound not working
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Hover Hound but every time I try to use it the drop down just says "Hover Hound is undergoing maintenance, We'll be back ASAP". This has been going on for over a month now. I am using Google Chrome version 83.0.4103.61 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit build 18363.836
- (2019-04-12, v:1.6.3) netholio: Hover Hound working in firefox, but not for chrome
Hello, My hover hound extension is not working in chrome (the wheel just spins). Hoverhound does still work in FireFox - not my preferred browser. Am i missing a setting? -Ed
- (2018-01-08, v:1.5.6) Michael Mallow: NCIX
Please remove NCIX as they are dead.
- (2017-07-21, v:1.5.6) Dan: will there be a newegg.ca update?
will hover hound ever work for canadian newegg?
- (2016-07-28, v:1.5.3) Travis Fear: More SItes
Although I love the extension, it would be great if there were more sites available for it.
- (2016-07-13, v:1.5.3) Eddy Wong: Is this app only for US?
The extension only seems to work on newegg.com and not newegg.ca.
- (2015-10-25, v:1.4.5) Andrew Wegener: Missing amazon history
Hello, I love your add-in, I have used it for a long time. Recently (as in last 2 months) the amazon price history has not been working. When you click on 'price alerts and history' amazon says 'no history yet' Is this a problem with my browser or the app?
- (2015-08-24, v:1.4.5) Wesley Heuler: Additional Location
Great extension, definitely one of my favorites! Any chance of possibly getting MicroCenter or Fry's on there as options as well? Thanks for all the hard work!
- (2014-11-14, v:1.4.1) David Basamania: Maintenance?
Been giving me the error of "Hover Hound is currently undergoing maintenance. We'll be back ASAP." for the past month.
- (2014-08-18, v:1.4.0) Adnan: Amazon hover is not there
Hi, I can't find the Hover Hound button on Amazon, I can find it on newegg though.
- (2013-04-08, v:0.73.1) Thomas Packer: needs to include tax
Great work on this extension. This extension needs to include tax (or readily have this shown as an option). One advantage of Newegg over Amazon is that there is no sales tax if you are outside of CA.