This is an official AmazonSmile extension for Chrome
Support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop with the AmazonSmile 1Button for Chrome, the easiest way to go directly to smile.amazon.com, where Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charity of your choice. Your use of the AmazonSmile 1Button is governed by the Amazon Conditions of Use located at http://smile.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html
- (2018-06-16) Aungkhu-t Tchaas Hetep: It's super-easy to raise money for my favorite charity.
- (2018-01-30) German Lhasa Apso: I love the Amazon Smile extension because I can get to Amazon with just a click of a button! :)
- (2017-01-16) Lance E Sloan: Summary: DO NOT INSTALL THIS EXTENSION! If you want to use Amazon Smile to support charities, use the "Always Smile" extension instead. Get it at: https://goo.gl/fLqBQJ Details: Amazon's Smile donation scheme is wonderful because they will donate money to any charity you like without increasing the cost of the products you buy on Amazon. However, when this extension is used, it makes the experience a lot less pleasant. As others have described and I've experienced, too, this extension is horrible because: 1. It requires you to give it permission to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit." Basically, when you install this, you give Amazon permission to invade your privacy and collect information about all websites you use, not just amazon.com. 2. This wide-open permission means the extension is always running. Some users have reported that it makes their web browsers and computers slow to a crawl. 3. A good extension would just need to change any URL requested that contains "www.amazon.com" to "smile.amazon.com". You'd see whatever Amazon page was requested with the Smile program enabled. However, this extension takes you to a special page instead. You need to navigate all over again to the page you wanted. In short, DON'T INSTALL THIS EXTENSION! If you like the Smile scheme and you'd like Amazon to donate to charities for every purchase you make without additional cost to you, use the "Always Smile" extension instead. It's very simple, works well, and only needs a little permission to "Read and change your data on www.amazon.com". Get it at: https://goo.gl/fLqBQJ Get it and keep smiling with Amazon! .
- (2016-11-22) EsQueue SeaQuake: requires access to all websites you go to. Spyware.
- (2016-11-21) Kristin Brinner: I was looking for an extension that would redirect all amazon.com URLs to smile.amazon.com so that I do not forget to support my charity. However, all this is an icon you click, the same as having a bookmark. Not useful, I recommend Smile Always instead.
- (2016-05-21) Lion Kiss: SPYWARE. Basically what it does is monitor every site you visit and collect data about you. My CPU usage recently constantly had been going over the top, I disabled this add-on and voila! Why didn't Amazon integrate an option to donate at CHECK-OUT? Oh, well, just to spy on you.
- (2016-05-18) Seth Jones: Basically a bookmark. Just make yourself a bookmark.
- (2016-03-21) The Smile Always app is far better. With Amazon's "1Button," I have to click on the button to get to Amazon Smile, whereas with Smile Always, I will always get to Amazon Smile whether it's through clicking a hyperlink, typing in "amazon.com," etc. Not sure why Amazon built such a weak app.
- (2016-03-02) David Druckenmiller: This is functionally the same as having a bookmark to Amazon Smile, with the added bonus that Amazon can get information about other sites you visit. Just use a bookmark, or download one of the third party extensions that automatically redirects from www.amazon.com to smile.amazon.com. This one is just silly.
- (2016-01-17) Jeff Culbert: Very Handy
- (2015-12-23) Kandis Glasgow: It stopped working after the Windows 10 update..
- (2015-11-23) Invest in People: Better to use Smile Always by jdhaimson
- (2015-10-29) MILENE MOSES: I love having this ext. reminds me to use the "Smile" so donations can be made to charity.
- (2015-10-17) Norbert Grant: Half time it don't go to Amazon. Just sits there.
- (2015-07-08) terry stussy: People are complaining, I don't understand why. It supports many charities, including AIDS research, by using it. How is that a bad thing? It says so at the top of the page. Apparently unless you are getting a discount, helping the unfortunate goes out the window.
- (2015-05-13) Kyle Taylor: Should NOT require access to all websites. This serves only to collect private tracking data
- (2014-12-17) Camille Ramsey: When I order through using the AmazonSmile, it helps a dog rescue Tufftails and I have been very happy with it. When I am logged into Google, and go to Amazon, I get a reminder to use Smile so that is good. If you do not have a reason for using it, I am sure it must not be any different than plain Amazon.
- (2014-12-09) Mandy H: This is a great way to shop amazon and also donate to a charity. I chose Doctors Without Borders, but you can choose other charities.
- (2014-12-08) Tracey Pennington: It does not actually work. The button is there, but you can't click on the button and get to the AmazonSmile site. That makes it effectively useless.
- (2014-11-23) Robert Spengler: Does what it says....takes you right to AmazonSmile with one click.
- (2014-10-18) Bryan Holland: This is pretty clever. When I want something, I'm going to say to myself: where do I go to get this? And here's an Amazon button right in front of me, which I'm happy to click because it leads to a contribution to JDRF. I do, however, agree with other reviewers that, having signed up for it, it should present a reminder if I'm ordering from Amazon without going through AmazonSmile...
- (2014-09-21) Mark M: Amazon should simply make this a feature of the regular store. I buy enough things from Amazon that my charity would do ok if they got even a small percentage. I would like it if it were an integrated seamless store experience and would likely spend more at Amazon and shop there more. On most large purchases I do tend to shop around and they have made that an important consumer experience for me. I'll likely never remember to use this and it does not make me feel good about Amazon. This program makes me wonder if I should shop so much at Amazon or I should just cut back on one purchase a month and give that to my charity. That seems a whole lot simpler. This is like the Apple/U2 debacle. A large company trying to do something good, and it not working. Try again.
- (2014-09-16) Nathan K: This is pointless search for "Smile Always." Those guys know what we are looking for. This is just a glorified bookmark.
- (2014-09-01) Kim Becky Lovgren: This is very helpful - gets me from the Amazon search results to the 'smile.amazon' with just a click!!
- (2014-08-29) Wendy McKay: Like what I have seen so far
- (2014-02-27, v:1.1.1) Eric Ellis: This is pointless
WHy are you asking to see browsing history and date but providing nothing more than a shortcut? You need to remove this app or make it so it at least lets you know you're not shopping through amazon smile. ABSURD! Shame shame.